Strange noticing with the panoramic sunroof on the 12+ models....

Humanaquarian

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Beetle TDI
So I read about the rubber tubes that fail and caused a lawsuit on older models. Im assuming they fixed it on the12+ models. The Beetle seems to be unique in that, the 2 front drain holes in the sunroof water channel go directly to the rain channel at the top of the windshield. At least this is what I hope ( OR I got an issue right?). Since both of my drains at the top do this, Im guessing (hoping) it's by design. I scoured the internet and I cant find any information on the routing of the front drains on a 14 Beetle at all....any insight?

Humanaquarian

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Beetle TDI
Can't help as I fixed mine by not getting a sunroof this time.
I believe the design on this is much better, haven't found any info whatsoever... its all geared towards Jettas or Passats or Golfs or pre 12+ year Beetles. Its not leaking, just curious on confirming the design.

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
I know the Atlas and 2018+ Tiguan front sunroof drain hoses end in that area. I wouldn’t be surprised if the bug did the same. My bug doesn’t have a sunroof.

balticblue

TDI
2013 beetle tdi highline
So I read about the rubber tubes that fail and caused a lawsuit on older models. Im assuming they fixed it on the12+ models. The Beetle seems to be unique in that, the 2 front drain holes in the sunroof water channel go directly to the rain channel at the top of the windshield. At least this is what I hope ( OR I got an issue right?). Since both of my drains at the top do this, Im guessing (hoping) it's by design. I scoured the internet and I cant find any information on the routing of the front drains on a 14 Beetle at all....any insight?
i will check my wife's 2013 Beetle TDI no problems with any water issues, and we have driven in a few rain storms here on the wet coast . I will advise you of my findings