Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2002 Silver
On the intercooler? Or the grill piece? Both are clean either way

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Well I think I've finally narrowed down my front end vibration and random clunk in the front end. With my fuel economy gradually going down and one front tire wearing more.and the wandering steering. I originally thought it was a clunking subframe which is one issue on the jsw. But it's looking like it's my front rearward control arm bushing. Which turns out is another common thing. I see stress cracks in the driver's side.
It's been doing this since I got the car a year ago and slowly gotten worse.. it hasn't failed. The steering wheel vibration is there and goes away. Doesn't matter what tires/ wheels are on the car.
Thankfully it's easy to change. The poly replacements will be here next week. Then to the alignment shop I go. After I put the steering wheel back in the center.

indigoTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen
my favorite local mechanic bowed out of doing a water pump & timing belt job for me - better he said "no" than to tear the thing apart and then realize he bit off more than he could chew I guess :unsure: anyway - now looks like I need to find someone to do the job for me! Eric? do you have time? Other suggestions for SEMN/Rochester area?

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
I want it but I have no facebooks :c
Ya me neither. I use my moms account just to look at stuff on marketplace.
If it was closer id go look at it just to get it going and thrash around the farm a bit then sell again as a part out.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Two different conversations. That # is for Eric, not for a 96 Passat.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm not going to post it in the buy/sell thread because I don't really wanna ship it, but if anyone here in MN is interested I have a 01 ALH clutch with 141k on it. Its from my personal vehicle, and is in good shape. I was thinking $80 would be great, but let me know what its worth to you....its just collecting dust. I'll be up in biwabik over the next couple weeks if that makes it closer to someone who is interested, otherwise I live in Dalbo, MN

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
One of a kind! I have a popup on a K5, I think they have my fuel mileage beat

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
No, not me nor have I ever seen that. I'm the deleted loud jsw. Didn't realize you were that close to me
Oh? I thought you had moved outa state. I'll have to keep an eye out for ya. This contraption was seen just south of moose lake and onwards to hinkley where i pulled off to fuel up. Guess its actually just 35, not 35W (apparently it changes as you go north). Gave the driver a thumbs up after snapping a few shots

Last edited:

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
One of a kind! I have a popup on a K5, I think they have my fuel mileage beat
Really is, from the exterior it seemed well done too. Wasn't a jankey job that was crappily done from what i could see of the outside.

gearheadgrrrl

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf DSG, '13 JSW DSG surrendered to VW, '03 Golf 2 door manual

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Oh? I thought you had moved outa state. I'll have to keep an eye out for ya. This contraption was seen just south of moose lake and onwards to hinkley where i pulled off to fuel up. Guess its actually just 35, not 35W (apparently it changes as you go north). Gave the driver a thumbs up after snapping a few shots
Nope. Been on the range. Lol. From Hibbing to superior all weekdays now. I did make a front bumper skirt to see if it would help my fuel economy. I get 44 if I keep it at 65. I think I've seen your bug a few times.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Nope. Been on the range. Lol. From Hibbing to superior all weekdays now. I did make a front bumper skirt to see if it would help my fuel economy. I get 44 if I keep it at 65. I think I've seen your bug a few times.
oops, ya my bad. It was Curious Chris that told me he moved.
Which one? Both have Glow Bug TDI decals in the rear window (easy way to know its me). I sold the green one last fall, and it popped up for sale early this spring...maybe she's still out being driven. I keep an eye out for that car all the time....lot of memories driving that car:).[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Crap! The Formula 1 race from Azerbaijan was good and worth watching, but I totally forgot about the Nurbringring.

SabaII

TDI
02 Golf ALH
Hey guys, figured I would post here first. Just got my first TDI, 3rd golf that is an 02. Sad it is an Auto but I can pretty much eat off the bottom of the thing and it was CHEEP. Got it to shoot around in and enjoy good fuel economy but I knew it had some issues so I am mainly here to lurk and learn. The car is currently in my garage with the turbo off as it is being replaced. I hear there is a place to avoid buying some parts from so an insight into that would be cool.
🍻

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
everyone seems to hate on hans/prothe
but really it's just chinese crap parts, so don't go into it expecting anything else and you won't be disappointed
I'd just skip the middleman and go straight to aliexpress, but...