What did you do to your MkVI-A6 today?

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Wow, that sucks. Hopefully you're OK. Car looks like it held up well.
Well I had a sturdy hitch on the back. That saved it. 2x2 3/8 wall square. It bent it pretty bad.it pinched the spare tire in the well. Probably a good 4". So it pushed the spare tire well forward a good 6". I'll post a pic of the hitch after I straightened it some. Also twisted the hatch.
I've got nerve damage in my neck and my lower back still hurts. He had to have been speeding to push me 3 feet into the car infront of me. His vehicle was bad. Pushed the rad back a foot. Airbag deployed.
I've already straightened the tub (mostly), installed a new hitch and crash bar. Pick up my hood and rear bumper cover Monday.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Well I replaced my high pressure a/c line. My downpipe twisted and rubbed a hole in it. Also forgot to reconnect my boostpipe. She smokes just a bit. Heh. Modified the eco hitch and installed it. I do not like how low the hitch was. Yeah I'll have to cut 2 holes in the bumper.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Washed. Clay barred. Washed again. Polished. Stripped with alcohol. Ceramic coated. Then spray wax. Let's ignore the interior.

97B4TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 B4 Passat, 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Had a tire rotation done and the parking brake cables changed; the cables were hanging up and making my wheels warm from dragging. After they did that they found out my driver side caliper was dragging as well so that got changed too.

The car has plenty of Torque I didn’t notice much under normal driving but as soon as I lifted my right foot the car dove forward more than desired. Got out running errands one morning and the passenger rear wheel was warm to the touch.

Wilkins

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta Wagon 5sp, 10 Sportwagen 6MT
they found out my driver side caliper was dragging
I had a similar experience this year, nothing wrong with the caliper though, just corrosion buildup where the pads slide on the caliper. Pounded it off with a cold chisel, it was really on there. Only cost me a set of pads and a rotor. I think all is well now.

Thunder Chicken

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon
My sunroof is leaking so investigated taking the headliner out. Drains are not clogged, it’s leaking at the hose to connector joint at both the sunroof end and the drain end. A nice way to spend an afternoon.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
It's always fun when a body shop pants parts the bring color variant and won't fix it. Because it matches the color code.

2012jsw

TDI
2012 jsw, 2010 jsw
Lowered mine on Saturday!
H&R sport springs
Koni yellow shocks and struts
Rear eibach sway bar
Love it so far! (250miles in)
Pretty sure I have the rear damping set a little too hard (set halfway at install as a baseline) need to back it off a little and see how it feels.

It corners a million times better and other than the harshest of road “cracks” or “repaired potholes” it rides fantastically!

Setup for an alignment on Wednesday and then a Malone stage 2 and DSG tune on Saturday

No idea how to post pics on here!

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Lowered mine on Saturday!
H&R sport springs
Koni yellow shocks and struts
Rear eibach sway bar
Love it so far! (250miles in)
Pretty sure I have the rear damping set a little too hard (set halfway at install as a baseline) need to back it off a little and see how it feels.

It corners a million times better and other than the harshest of road “cracks” or “repaired potholes” it rides fantastically!

Setup for an alignment on Wednesday and then a Malone stage 2 and DSG tune on Saturday

No idea how to post pics on here!
I loved my stage 2 non delete from Malone. Wakes the car up.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
I just replaced my front core because the one side of the old one was broken bue to the accident. Only took a few hours and was relatively easy.

rtking

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen 6MT
I just replaced my front core because the one side of the old one was broken bue to the accident. Only took a few hours and was relatively easy.
DivineChaos - the radiator core support? I need to do that too since the care support was broken when I bought the car. Did you need to come up with a way to support the AC condensor and coolant radiator while changing the core support?

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
DivineChaos - the radiator core support? I need to do that too since the care support was broken when I bought the car. Did you need to come up with a way to support the AC condensor and coolant radiator while changing the core support?
Yes the radiator/ condenser/ intercooler support. I kinda let it Hanh off the lines for the 10 minutes. It's fairly easy. Pull the grill, then the bumper cover. Then headlights assemblies. 3 screws on fender then one in the front. Then the crash bar. Disconnect airbag sensors. Then 2 bolts hold the radiator assembly to the core. Transfer the lower support rubbers, airbag sensors, and hood latch over. Then reassemble. It took 4 hours depending. But buy a good support.

Thunder Chicken

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon
What did you do to reconnect at the lower end
I found the hose was not inserted all the way into the fitting, so I tried to smear some silicone/rtv gasket goo on it when i put it back together. (All I had on hand) If you have big hands, this will be almost impossible without taking the dash out or the windshield out.... or you just make a mess and hope for the best like I did. If it leaks after this......

97B4TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
Continue to have a "Check Brake" Warning lamp intermittently chime on. Completely random; some drives are warning free, some it goes off after a few miles or so... warmer days seem to trigger it more is the only "trend" ive noticed.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Continue to have a "Check Brake" Warning lamp intermittently chime on. Completely random; some drives are warning free, some it goes off after a few miles or so... warmer days seem to trigger it more is the only "trend" ive noticed.
Your fluid low?

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
I found the hose was not inserted all the way into the fitting, so I tried to smear some silicone/rtv gasket goo on it when i put it back together. (All I had on hand) If you have big hands, this will be almost impossible without taking the dash out or the windshield out.... or you just make a mess and hope for the best like I did. If it leaks after this......
First thing I did when I got mine was cut the little rubber valves on the ends of the drains in the wells.

marko320

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
What kind of customization, service, trip or unique encounter did you experience with your MkVI-A6 today?

I'll get the ball rolling with - PICKED IT UP!

Just picked up a 2013 JSW - DSG with 58,000
I went to GRD in West Chicago, IL and got my 2012 Jetta TDI Premium 6 Speed APR tuned. Smooth AF.

97B4TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
Your fluid low?
No. I just had recent brake service and no note of any leaks were present. No comments of unusually low brake pads either. Took a few longer drives tonight, in the rain and no dash warning light was present.

I survived twelve (12) years in my 1997 Passat without one of these sensors, I might just go in with VCDS and code off the warning..