What did you do to your MkVI-A6 today?

97B4TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 B4 Passat, 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Picked it up after having the timing belt and thermostat changed and a CP3 pump installed.

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
3 items done yesterday. Installed my ID parts winter front. I also installed the DieselGeek P2015 repair bracket. This was done as a preventative measure - no code or issues here. I had bought it about 2 years ago but was waiting until my warranty was up. I'm only at about 62k miles so I have lots of emissions warranty, but CPO expired last April and I figured it was a good thing to put on before I wind up with a code.

And finally, speaking of warranty, mine may or may not exist anymore depending on what you believe about ECU flash counts. Because I finally installed my Malone Stage 2 (no deletes) tune yesterday. I only drove it about 15 miles, but it was very nice. At first I thought it made the car sound coarser and more like my old MK4, but then I realized I hadn't reinstalled the sound deadening engine cover so that was likely the cause.

The only negative side effect of the tune is that it appears that boost no longer reads correctly on my P3 gauge. I mainly just use it to watch coolant and keep and eye on regens, but its kind of a bummer. My recollection is that it may have an option for an analog pressure tap. So I may or may not try that at some point, but I don't know if its worth the trouble.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Well I ordered a downpipe from prifidiesel. Hopefully it doesn't take long and is good quality. His first few weren't the best. But seems like quality went up. Probably be a month till I get it.

JD_2012GolfTDI

TDI
2012 Golf Kerma tuned
I finally bite the bullet, and decided to go with the Kerma tune for my TDI. I read the reviews and watched a bunch of vids on multiple platforms, and liked the fact that I'd have control of which tune is installed, and have no need to delete any factory parts. The difference is better than I actually expected!

Before the install I recorded some stock 40-70 times for comparison.:
Before Ave: 6.4 (9 runs under varying conditions)

Initially wanted to rip some accelerations with wet pavement without traction control, but I was losing traction through 4th gear.
This confirmed a big difference without actual data, so I put traction control back on.
After Ave: 5.2 ((6 Runs with 55 degrees and wet) I'll do more testing in dry and in heat
Polar FIS the boost reading has gone from 20'ish to 23'ish at full boost.

Comparing this to my previous 2005 WRX wagon that I did light bolt on mods to (turbo Y-pipe, pro-drive muffler and K&N filter) 40-70 5.5 sec Ave.

I'll do some data logging next, but with data from same day install I'm super happy!
DSG software upgrade coming next.

Last edited:

97B4TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 B4 Passat, 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
I installed a Whiteline 24mm rear Sway Bar.

The install took one (1) hour total and made a huge difference in how the car handles. It doesn't feel topsy-turvy anymore; it feels nice and planted.

The Whiteline RSB has three adjustment options on the blade of the SB and I currently have it set at the middle option. I couldnt believe how small the factory bar is.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Well got my downpipe from prifidiesel. Welds aren't perfect but it's better than I could do. Still I might have my local exhaust ship clean it up. And it was quite a bit cheaper than the other brands. It's a dpf and cat delete. Now I just have to whesel my dpf out this weekend. And it's all non magnetic, so it's the better stainless.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
What did I do to my Mk6? Sold my first diesel/TDI today - my 2010 JSW. That leaves me with 4 TDIs, of which I'm working on fixing a Mk4 to sell as well.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Well I installed my dpf fix pipe. Didn't bypass the egr cooler and I regretted it. Temp stayed at 185 in the -20 temps. And I used the wrong sensor in the pipe. But I had everything swapped over in about 4 hours. Did it on the street, in the cold, on jackstands. Subframe wasn't dropped.

Speedmaster_102

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf Sportwagen TDI
Well I installed my dpf fix pipe. Didn't bypass the egr cooler and I regretted it. Temp stayed at 185 in the -20 temps. And I used the wrong sensor in the pipe. But I had everything swapped over in about 4 hours. Did it on the street, in the cold, on jackstands. Subframe wasn't dropped.
What's the DPF fix pipe? DPF delete?

ttcheung

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 TDI Sportwagen 6MT
During the winter it hovers around freezing. We had a cold spell the past weekend, and another one coming up next where it'll go into the single digits.

Mind you, we used to live in CA Bay Area, and moved out here three years ago; therefore the old battery probably wasn't taxed as much.

How cold does it get there?

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Well I finally bypassed the egr cooler. Blocked off the high pressure egr. And blocked the low-pressure egr inlet on the turbo. I also changed my oil to a synthetic diesel oil. Have to see how the motor likes it. And I got 500 miles before the light came on. About 90% of my commute is highway. 60 miles of it doing 72mph. So I'm impressed.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
Well changed my timing belt and water pump today. Took about 6 hours. Not bad for the first time.
The first time always takes a long time. Subsequent changes are easy peasy. IMHO, I feel like the CJAA is the EASIEST of the timing belt changes (having done the CJAA 3 times without assistance and the ALH once with assistance from @alphaseinor ).

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
The first time always takes a long time. Subsequent changes are easy peasy. IMHO, I feel like the CJAA is the EASIEST of the timing belt changes (having done the CJAA 3 times without assistance and the ALH once with assistance from @alphaseinor ).
Good to know! I worked on a friend's CKRA. never will work on them ever again. I prefer the CJAA. its easier to work on.

JD_2012GolfTDI

TDI
2012 Golf Kerma tuned
Calibrated the DSG with VCDS. As I await the Kerma DSG unit I wanted to make sure the dual clutches are working as well as possible before the update. Spirited test drive after felt great, with no mismanaged shifts. YOUTUBE

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
I did mine, and helped my dad with his. If I worked steady, prob have taken way less time.

JD_2012GolfTDI

TDI
2012 Golf Kerma tuned
Kerma DSG is now installed and car feels complete. My ask via pedal is complemented with received torque. Sport mode is on point and ready to pounce at any given moment on backroads. No more clunks or squishy clutch engagement when clutch psi is +150. Car is transformed.

YOUTUBE

Last edited:

tjg

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 TDI A3, '14 TDI Sportwagen
Kerma DSG is now installed and car feels complete. My ask via pedal is complemented with received torque. Sport mode is on point and ready to pounce at any given moment on backroads. No more clunks or squishy clutch engagement when clutch psi is +150. Car is transformed.
I'm suprised Kerma doesn't recommend getting the DSG tune in conjunction with or before their engine tune.

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
Found an oil & cabin filter I had tucked away and decided to order up the rest of what I'll need for the next service & brakes.

5L of Total
Fuel Filter
Air filter
New oil extractor - old one finally sucked it's last drips after nearly 10yrs of service
Brakes front & rear.
Zimmerman rotors w/ Textar & Halten pads

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
I converted my 2010 Golf TDI into a camping van! I removed the back seat bottom cushion and now the back seat folds completely flat. I also cut a 2" memory foam topper to fit the space and covered it with a black fitted sheet to match the interior. It makes a great hauler of equipment just like that, but to make it sleepable I cut the foam to fit all the way to the back of the front seats when they are all the way forward. I use a milk crate in the footwell on each side to support the memory foam when configured for sleeping. When not in sleep mode, the foam simply hangs down into the footwells on both sides. Straight on, the sleeping area is 5'8" long, but on the diagonal it's over 6' long.

I'm probably never going to sleep in the back, but I could. Maybe if I were afraid of bears! I really did the conversion to haul my camping equipment, which is a significant load with all of the things I've accumulated. I have lots of camping adventures planned!

Hauling/Traveling mode

Sleeping mode on passenger side

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Not really what I did. But I had an SUV rear end me. My hitch saved a lot of it. Still managed to dent the spare tire well. Hit me hard enough to push me into the car infront of me.