Polar FIS+

Grigg3

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta wagon, 15 Golf wagon
I'd say so.
It was worth buying many months ago.
Can't speak to the latest revision, I'm still happily running an older version. You could too if the latest doesn't suit you.

They may have initially rushed to get it out there without sufficient testing but that was quite some time ago now.

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Just because I haven't been on the thread for a while, I thought an update is in order. I'm able to get some parameters to show, and I pretty much keep to them. Coolant temp, oil temp, DPF load, and boost pressure. I have never found an exhaust gas temp to show, which is what I really want to see when a regen is occurring. Oy! But it's working fine if I'm OK with those four parameters showing. As I recall, I'm running version 2.4 as 2.5 didn't get me any closer to the EGT that I'd hoped.

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
Thanks for the update Mike. Is there any way to have it "notify" you that a regen is in progress? I really like the visuals and interface of the VAGDPF app, but I'm looking for a more integrated solution.

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Thanks for the update Mike. Is there any way to have it "notify" you that a regen is in progress? I really like the visuals and interface of the VAGDPF app, but I'm looking for a more integrated solution.
Not that I have found so far. Sorry.

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
JM- is that a screen shot of an app? If so, can you tell us which one, and OS? Thx.
It’s OBD Fusion for iOS.

I bought that one on sale for $30. Works great on iOS over bluetooth, and being a genuine ELM v1.4b device, is very stable. It also came with a license for OBD Fusion which is the $9.99 iOS equivalent of Torque.

Last edited:

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm using the version that shows on my MFD in the car. I don't want to go looking at another device while driving. There is enough distraction without that need. As I said, I have NOT been able to locate any of those parameters on the version I have.

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
I'm using the version that shows on my MFD in the car. I don't want to go looking at another device while driving. There is enough distraction without that need. As I said, I have NOT been able to locate any of those parameters on the version I have.
I understand that. I’m just showing that the data is available over CAN. So your Polar might need an update.

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
It’s OBD Fusion for iOS.

I bought that one on sale for $30. Works great on iOS over bluetooth, and being a genuine ELM v1.4b device, is very stable. It also came with a license for OBD Fusion which is the $9.99 iOS equivalent of Torque.
Awesome, thanks! I feel like I've posted in multiple spots in my search for an iOS based app that reveals DPF regen, so I'm super happy to see this one. We have carista OBD adaptors in both cars, which have been reliable. I'm still using VAG DPF with the cheap android phone I bought on ebay, but my search has been for an iOS app that (she) can use in her GSW that helps avoid multiple and repeated regen interruptions.

Sorry to interrupt the PolarFIS discussion (it is a bit pricey for me). I wish the VAG DPF graphics could be part of the FIS, that would be perfect.