Glad it weren’t my wagon

red16vdub

Veteran Member
TDI
03 JSW 5spd
Last weekend I left my house to and 10 minutes into my drive, this kid hydroplane in the heavy rain we had and crashed into my Q7. I was doing roughly 75mph when the car next to me lost control hitting my left rear sending myself into a concrete barrier head on, yikes.
Insurance company called me couple days and said it’s a total lost.

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Are you buying it back? That looks like it was a pretty sweet looking ride.

RexNICO

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Tiguan, 2011 Q7
Glad to hear everyone was okay.

Do you have any posts where you review the Q7? Would be interesting to hear from someone that likes it enough to replace it with another.

red16vdub

Veteran Member
TDI
03 JSW 5spd
Glad to hear everyone was okay.

Do you have any posts where you review the Q7? Would be interesting to hear from someone that likes it enough to replace it with another.
No I’ve never reviewed the Q7, but vw’s and Audi’s been in our family driveway’s dating back to my moms fox in the 70’s. You can bet once my claim is settled, I’ll have a new black optics prestige, black on black in the garage again. It’s an amazing vehicle.

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
In the long run... Cars are mostly to keep us safe on the road. Glad you're okay. And nice progress on your wagon

red16vdub

Veteran Member
TDI
03 JSW 5spd
In the long run... Cars are mostly to keep us safe on the road. Glad you're okay. And nice progress on your wagon
Seatbelt and airbags did their job, I’m thankful. BTW when I realized that I was alive and not hurt, which took me about 30 seconds. Audi of America was already on the phone with myself and state police trying to figure out direction of travel on the highway, even though they had the accident’s gps location.

Last edited:

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Nope don’t want anything to do with it, I’ll be looking for a 2021 replacement soon.
Was it a TDI? If so, I may have to watch the insurance auctions near you...

reince

TDI
2006 Beetle
Ouch! Good hear you are safe. That's a tough car with that speed of head-on collision.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
My wagon is finally off the rotisserie and is completely rust free. Paint is the next step, then reinstalling the glass. I miss my favorite car so much.
Didin't realize you were doing this. Nice! i had rockers repaired on mine last Spring, but haven't gone to that extent. The Golf did get that treatment, however.

red16vdub

Veteran Member
TDI
03 JSW 5spd
Didin't realize you were doing this. Nice! i had rockers repaired on mine last Spring, but haven't gone to that extent. The Golf did get that treatment, however.
I remember a few years ago IBW had the rockers repaired and then to witness the red golf’s complete makeover, was inspiring. I figured my wagon definitely deserves the same.I had the jack points reinforced, which was the source of improper jacking and lifting by many, who don’t take the time to do it correctly. Going for a yearly inspection, and watching so called auto technicians jack your vehicle up most of the times piss me off.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I've given up on using the jack points: I jack in the front on the body reinforcement near the center of the car, and at the piviot point for the trailing arm at the rear. By its nice to have them in good shape. Maybe we can get these cars to last forever!