Best place to buy replacement fuel cut off solenoid? (98 Jetta)

AlmostCanadaMK3tdi

TDI
My stop solenoid isn't opening at all. I've check that it is getting appropriate voltage, and have pulled it to verify by manual testing.

KLXD

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'98, '2 Jettas
I don't know a source but you can just leave the plunger out, at least until you find one. As Abacus said it's redundant. Was the cutoff mechanism in the older N/A engines.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
ive done this before, tossed parts at it and nothing happened. you could have easily tested if it was the issue. take the plunger out and try starting it or taking a voltmeter to test it vs just putting volts to it lol. Hope it works but when it does not, i will be here to say "told you so"

AlmostCanadaMK3tdi

TDI
ive done this before, tossed parts at it and nothing happened. you could have easily tested if it was the issue. take the plunger out and try starting it or taking a voltmeter to test it vs just putting volts to it lol. Hope it works but when it does not, i will be here to say "told you so"
And you could have actually read the damn thread before you decided to swing your wang. 👍

Voltage was verified at the wiring....because step one is to verify that the required power is being supplied by the ecu.

When that was verified, the part was removed and tested out of the car to see if the plunger was actually working or not. It's not.

Perhaps if you knew how to test a solenoid you wouldn't have, admittedly, "thrown parts at it just to have nothing happen." 🙄 I mean, which part of "voltage was checked" gave you the impression that the voltage wasn't checked with a meter? 😆

I didn't ask for, nor do I need, your b.s. advice on if the part is good or not. I asked if anyone has any recommended places to get one as a replacement where the price is reasonable and the parts are known to be of good quality.

If you don't have any answer pertinent to the thread, kindly take a hike. 👍

garciapiano

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Jetta TDI (1Z)
To answer the OP's question, any Bosch dealer should be able to get you a genuine part that will work. You can pay VW dealer prices but you'll be getting the same Bosch part.

I wouldn't get a knockoff... even if it is redundant to the QA, if it sticks closed, the car can't start, so it's kind of not worth cheaping out on.

IDParts has the part for around $60 but I've seen it cheaper in several other places. https://www.idparts.com/injection-pump-shut-off-solenoid-028130135b-0330001040-p-1553.html

Last edited:

AlmostCanadaMK3tdi

TDI
To answer the OP's question, any Bosch dealer should be able to get you a geniuine part that will work. You can pay VW prices but you'll be getting the same Bosch part.

I wouldn't get a knockoff... even if it is redundant to the QA, if it sticks closed, the car can't start, so it's kind of not worth cheaping out on.

IDParts has the part for around $60 but I've seen it cheaper in several other places. https://www.idparts.com/injection-pump-shut-off-solenoid-028130135b-0330001040-p-1553.html
Thank you! THAT is how you answer a question directly, and logically.

You the man!

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
And you could have actually read the damn thread before you decided to swing your wang. 👍

Voltage was verified at the wiring....because step one is to verify that the required power is being supplied by the ecu.

When that was verified, the part was removed and tested out of the car to see if the plunger was actually working or not. It's not.

Perhaps if you knew how to test a solenoid you wouldn't have, admittedly, "thrown parts at it just to have nothing happen." 🙄 I mean, which part of "voltage was checked" gave you the impression that the voltage wasn't checked with a meter? 😆

I didn't ask for, nor do I need, your b.s. advice on if the part is good or not. I asked if anyone has any recommended places to get one as a replacement where the price is reasonable and the parts are known to be of good quality.

If you don't have any answer pertinent to the thread, kindly take a hike. 👍
i don't care how many volts you have to the valve, it could still be good, just stuck , i read plenty good and i would NOT throw away any of those valves unless it had a failed coil and you can only tell that with an ohm test. im not forcing you to read, don't like it, too bad.

AlmostCanadaMK3tdi

TDI
i don't care how many volts you have to the valve, it could still be good, just stuck , i read plenty good and i would NOT throw away any of those valves unless it had a failed coil and you can only tell that with an ohm test. im not forcing you to read, don't like it, too bad.
Blah blah blah...

You blatantly arrogant presumption that nobody in earth knows how to test a VERY SIMPLE PART like a solenoid has been duly noted.

What do you think was done on a bench test after the wiring in the car was qualified? It was tested by putting voltage to it, and then ohm tested for resistance. And it failed on both counts. The fact that you are butt hurt because of YOUR OWN PRESUMPTION of what was done isn't my problem. 🙄 Especially when you've admitted that your process is to "throw parts at it, and find out it fixed nothing" ya hack. 👎 I prefer to test parts before replacing them. I did so here, and it failed. What you think of the condition of this part means nothing. 🤣

So hey, thanks, but I don't think your much technical help here. 🤣

I get it. Your fragile ego is forcing you to auto-fellatiate in my thread (and then cry that you're not forcing me to read it...), but your ego doesn't mean jack to me, bucky.

In closing, piss off. You're not forced to keep opening MY thread. 👍

Last edited:

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Lol somone got the rage!
I didnt say all that. You did!
You never actually said you tested it other than with voltage. We cant read minds like you and voltage I assume is 12 volts but you never know! They wont actually work at much less than 12v so there could be issues with just putting some wires to a battery. You never specified. All I put out there was the "are you sure". Take it how you want. But you ain't Russlein my Jimmies. You quoted me, thus I get a notification that brings up the thread so it's like like I'm watching this like you might be ready to start a fight!

AlmostCanadaMK3tdi

TDI
Lol somone got the rage!
I didnt say all that. You did!
You never actually said you tested it other than with voltage. We cant read minds like you and voltage I assume is 12 volts but you never know! They wont actually work at much less than 12v so there could be issues with just putting some wires to a battery. You never specified. All I put out there was the "are you sure". Take it how you want. But you ain't Russlein my Jimmies. You quoted me, thus I get a notification that brings up the thread so it's like like I'm watching this like you might be ready to start a fight!
You done now, kiddo? Feel better? Get enough attention?