Anyone in Michigan deal with TDI_upgrades or 223 racing?

onebadazzsrt

TDI
Jetta MK4, MK5 Jetta BRM
Long story but I bought from tdi_upgrades located in Michigan, it wasa17/22 turbo for my alh and I had sent it back to him for repair in June. Several emails and months later he is very flakey. Any help would be appreciated.

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 1999.5 jettaIV,2005 BEW Beetle
It took a while to get a response from him after repeated contact attempts on my part but eventually it was dealt with to my satisfaction. I did get PayPal involved in the dispute.

onebadazzsrt

TDI
Jetta MK4, MK5 Jetta BRM
I finally got PayPal involved also, I had friends message him questions about parts and they get a response right away, I would leave several emails and I get crickets. I originally bought in May I sent it back right away and here it is September.

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
I had dealt with him a couple times in the past with acceptable results. He had expressed a goal of having a shop that customers could walk into, as far as I know that did not materialize. He exists, with a nice large barn, he never returned my more recent calls for parts. It’s my assumption he makes good money at a job that keeps him busy and doesn’t have the time to to invest in a business, , so I haven’t bothered attempting to deal with him anymore.

onebadazzsrt

TDI
Jetta MK4, MK5 Jetta BRM
I have bought other items from him before this and they came in and there was good communication, after this ordeal is over I will never buy from him again.

InfoSec

Veteran Member
Just recently bought a race pipe for my '14 CJAA before I read about the issues folks are having. I received the race pipe today. Quality is a bit suspect. Lots of flashing and shards of aluminum around the edges. I cleaned it up so it might work, although, one TDIClub user commented and showed some pics of how it doesn't have good fitment. We'll see. It was my mad money for the month, so not much lost... I blow more money at Starbucks on the gratuitously overpriced mochas, so if the race pipe fits well, then so be it.

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
Just recently bought a race pipe for my '14 CJAA before I read about the issues folks are having. I received the race pipe today. Quality is a bit suspect. Lots of flashing and shards of aluminum around the edges. I cleaned it up so it might work, although, one TDIClub user commented and showed some pics of how it doesn't have good fitment. We'll see. It was my mad money for the month, so not much lost... I blow more money at Starbucks on the gratuitously overpriced mochas, so if the race pipe fits well, then so be it.
I wish you would have laid that under your benchtop instead of those lights damn it!;)

TPW

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A6 Avant BHW 6 speed manual, 2003 Golf ALH 506k miles
I got a set of bad rebuilt injectors from him. I've had no response from him after he told me on phone that I could return them for refund. That was four months ago. In the mean time I had my original injectors rebuilt by a vendor from this site that did a great job, and my MK4 Golf runs great now. But I would definitely not recommend that anyone buy products from Ken at TDI Upgrades until he gets his act together!!