Dutch Auto Parts, gearbox sets, engines, turbos, injection pumps

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
SMF=Single Mass Flywheel. It is an upgrade.
Does single hold better? This seems to be a huge issue with the 200mm 5 speed clutch. Does SMF operate/release with less effort?

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
The price is for the complete clutch kit that includes a SMF, not just the SMF alone. In any case you'll need a clutch AND flywheel - as it's not part of the basic kit's price - to go in place of automatic's torque converter, which will be removed. Frans offers it for +$490 unless you find a different solution from a third party source.

Has nothing to do with holding capacity; it's a stock OEM replacement clutch, probably a Valeo 835005 that is in my car (then again, probably not, because mine is a Quattro with an 01A transmission). If you want/need a higher torque capacity, you're probably going to look for a Sachs SRE or another aftermarket solution. Price goes up significantly from $490.

Your arithmetic is also off 3 posts up. 1200+185+125+49=$1559 without a clutch, $2049 with.

The 6-speed kit @$2750 *includes* a Sachs DMF clutch kit (I prefer a DMF and is any strongly recommended with an 01E, especially the 6-speed, which is known to eat synchros with SMFs).

Last edited:

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
The FNH 5 speed seems to be my direction as I gain info. While the 6 speed would be desirable it seems a much higher chance of issues + addional 1k
Is the DMF better with the 5 sp as recommended with the 01E? If so I would imagine the cost savings advantage is all but lost. Not to mention the 01E is "rebuilt"- suppossedly eliminating issues?

jhnlennon

TDI
2000 Jetta
New to the forum here. Looking at turbo options, came across this thread. Anybody know if Frans is still active? Tried to PM him but haven't got a response back.

Stuffing

TDI
2003 Golf TDI ALH
Just received my new (to me) ALH long block and brand new Garrett VNT17 turbo.

Thank you Frans! Can't wait to get it running.

Marinel

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I got a GQQ transmission from them for my mkv tdi and it works great. Ive had it in the car for about a year now and no issues. Response time isnt the quickest but its worth the wait.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
hard to get a hold of Frans I've been trying

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
ok so i need an 02M with a DRW code, i would prefer to not run a DMF flywheel, do you have other options that will hold about 200hp? my car is mostly a DD that i will mod a little but not go crazy with.
3' exhaust, 1756, tune, IC system, about it

DrCotton

TDI
2005 mk4 Jetta TDI
Just received my new (to me) ALH long block and brand new Garrett VNT17 turbo.

Thank you Frans! Can't wait to get it running.
How much did that turbo cost I need one for a BEW. & Since it's not the stock turbo did you have to do any tuning, buy an egr pipe or oil lines for it?

stefhelm

TDI
2005 Passat Wagon
Hi,
Just wanted to post my experience with Frans and Dutch Auto Parts here. I ordered a pair of EEN transmission swap kits for a couple of Passats. The shipping to Calgary, Alberta, Canada was very fast once he found the transmissions and all parts, and I found that email communication was good as well. I wouldn't hesitate to order from Frans again! Thanks a bunch!

I've got about 12,000km on the one Passat now, and am enjoying the 5 speed.

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
Another kudo for Frans at Dutch Auto Parts. An order on Monday morning had an injection pump on my doorstep by Thursday afternoon. And that was with Christmas on Wednesday!

Good pump too.

Cheers!

PH

NWFDUB

TDI
NA
Perfect transaction. Ordered an Oris detachable hitch. Came quickly. 5 out of 5. Thanks Frans [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
Great seller and quick delivery on orders

Madmechanic

TDI
Jetta, Passat
Hi Guys. Anyone heard from Frans in a while. I have emailed twice and tried phoning as well. Maybe taking a vacation? Thanks

TDI Jim

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat, 1996 Passat Variant (RIP), 2002 Jetta Wagon, 1995 Passat Variant TDI conversion brought back from the dead, 1997 Passat Variant project, and returned 2014 Passat
He's around, just very busy. I just got a 6 speed conversion kit.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Andyinchville1

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, 5 sp, 226K miles
He's around, just very busy. I just got a 6 speed conversion kit.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
HI,

Just curious but what does a 6 speed kit run nowadays?

I wonder what my 5 speed parts would be worth to offset costs ( I have recently installed new OEM front axles) .

Thanks!

Andrew

sdominguez

TDI
03 ALH Wagon
Hello. I’ve been trying to order a couple things since October and haven’t received payment info. I PMd you my email address. What’s the best way to order from/contact you?

goose737700

TDI
2013 tdi golf DSG. 1995 EVC AHU Tdi, Dsla 1019 injectors, Vnt15.
Hello. I’ve been trying to order a couple things since October and haven’t received payment info. I PMd you my email address. What’s the best way to order from/contact you?
Same problem here, I need transmission and he say's he is working on it but then nothing.

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
My last communications with him toward the end of October he was dealing covid quarantine issues within his staff