CJAA swap into mk6 Jetta

05BEW

TDI
2005 Golf TDI
Hello...I will start by saying I know it has been done but I can't find anything specific to my application so here it goes...I got a good deal on 2013 Jetta Tdi Premium 6m fully loaded...it was a rollover and needed a roof and it has a bent connecting rod...the engine isn't a problem for me to fix as parts are coming in and it should be running soon...the problem is the body...the car is a slavage title ans would be too much of a pain in the a** to fix...I got another good deal for a 2011 Jett gasser with the 2.5...so I want to swap the Cjaa into it...what harnesses do I need to change...what else am I looking at for the swap....thank you

sandmansans

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta
Hello...I will start by saying I know it has been done but I can't find anything specific to my application so here it goes...I got a good deal on 2013 Jetta Tdi Premium 6m fully loaded...it was a rollover and needed a roof and it has a bent connecting rod...the engine isn't a problem for me to fix as parts are coming in and it should be running soon...the problem is the body...the car is a slavage title ans would be too much of a pain in the a** to fix...I got another good deal for a 2011 Jett gasser with the 2.5...so I want to swap the Cjaa into it...what harnesses do I need to change...what else am I looking at for the swap....thank you
This is a wild guess, but I'd venture to say most of the wiring/harnesses would.

If my memory serves me correct, the BCM and pin outs are different. I would imagine the same would hold true for other modules.
I'm sure you could go the route of stitching harnesses together and such.

Even taking a brief look at the electric diagrams kind of confirms this.

My advice would be to get a day subscription to Erwin and download all of the manuals both for the gasser and TDI

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

santacll

Veteran Member
TDI
15Jetta_HL, 14_GSW_WBurg
i would expect that you will have to swap the entire electrical system. you might be able to save some time if things like brake master cyl don't need to be swapped... best to become good friends with a dealer parts guy... to check part #s