P2002 - Rawtek Delete Here I Come?

mu3098

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI, 2011 VW Golf Wagon TDI
I usually do it with the engine already warmed up. The only difference is that the engine fans and regen don't start until the engine is above 70 degrees C but it will run at a constant 1500 rpm while warming up and during the regen. It is complete when the engine returns to its normal idle speed.

ihatespeed

Veteran Member
TDI
11 tdi wagon 6mt 15 golf 6mt (Wife's) 2000 Ford 350 7.3l 6mt 4x4 (technically a TDI)
To reply to reasons they skip out on your warranty, they will blame fuel for killing your DPF, I have a 2 micron pureflow mod and since it says BIO tek on my filter the service manager did VW's BS fuel test and told me my fuel was contaminated. I checked with the fuel station, they said not contaminated here. Had I not had a modification to my fuel system maybe they would not have checked my tank, I don't know, either way I'm done playing their game.

-:vw:-

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 SportWagen
So with an automatic all that needs to be done is press brake and then press gas?

I did the driving portion of the procedure and my soot went from 20 (which is not the max of 45) to 7. This was with ALL power consumers on including seat warmers and a/c in the middle of the summer....

Requested regen now says 2 where before it was 6.

This **** makes no sense to be honest.

I'm still not clear if the vcds steps need to be done for the driving regen or not but it looks like it happened without doing them.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
This **** makes no sense to be honest.

I'm still not clear if the vcds steps need to be done for the driving regen or not but it looks like it happened without doing them.

Glad you made progress. After hearing about power consumers as 1 of the needed parameters it now makes more sense.

I have always tried to incorporate a/c simply because extended no A/C dries up seals. Now Ive earned it really is a must obviously? With my tune the regen is triggered every 200 miles. That could really load a DPF?

-:vw:-

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 SportWagen
Progress? Maybe, we'll see.

I've also ordered a fee cans of Liquid Molly's DPF protector and will give that a shot.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
State inspectors (the picky/good ones) will fail you without a DPF. I know from recent experience, so be careful with that in VA

PyrateMate

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
I see a lot of discussion about regen to clear the DPF. My light kept coming on and I’d get it reset at the local parts store until they said they are not allowed to anymore. I took several trips out of state for several hours at high revs / mph which would not clear the light. The result was the catalytic converter had to be replaced. Once that was done all was well.

tjg

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 TDI A3, '14 TDI Sportwagen
I see a lot of discussion about regen to clear the DPF. My light kept coming on and I’d get it reset at the local parts store until they said they are not allowed to anymore. I took several trips out of state for several hours at high revs / mph which would not clear the light. The result was the catalytic converter had to be replaced. Once that was done all was well.

I had that same issue on my sportwagen. The DPF light came on and it was the smaller secondary cat that was clogged. Dealership diagnosed it in April of last year and the part came in around November.