Polar FIS pf04 pros & cons

reason you purchased a Polar Fis unit

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Anyone ever have a polar fis cause loss of communication/ can bus faults? (Not saying mine did, just trying to find a cause)
Is that like saying a friend of mine has a drinking problem?

Seriously though do you mean your getting fault codes since adding the polar? I mean your friend is.

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
Yellowsubmarine, lol, it is my car. I added a polar fis p04 to my 14 passat about 18 months ago. Last week, i was leaving work, my passat lit up the dashboard (abs, traction, tpms, flasing glow plug, airbag) and would not move forward. A scan of the car leads to multiple no communication and canbus faults. Just trying to find a source, the polar fis is out of the car right now and I'm driving the car around the parking lot a couple of times a day trying to get it to duplicate.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Yellowsubmarine, lol, it is my car. I added a polar fis p04 to my 14 passat about 18 months ago. Last week, i was leaving work, my passat lit up the dashboard (abs, traction, tpms, flasing glow plug, airbag) and would not move forward. A scan of the car leads to multiple no communication and canbus faults. Just trying to find a source, the polar fis is out of the car right now and I'm driving the car around the parking lot a couple of times a day trying to get it to duplicate.
Seems like youve isolated the source as polar related. Bad connection or unit?

What does your friend think?:)

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Seems like youve isolated the source as polar related. Bad connection or unit?
What does your friend think?:)
I have the list of faults:
Engine electronics
High speed CAN communication bus (00100000 passive /sporadic)

Transmission electronics
Powertrain data bus faulty (intermittent)

Driver's door electronics
Function restriction due to missing message

Brake electronics
Power steering control module (no signal/communication intermittent)
Drive train data bus (faulty intermittent)
Drive train data bus (no signal/communication intermittent)
Steering angle sensor (no signal/communication intermittent)

Radio
Navigation antenna (short circuit to ground intermittent)

Sound system
Function limitation due to excessive temperature (00001000 passive / sporadic)

Electronic central electric
Steering column electronic systems control module (no signal / communication intermittent)
Lock unit for central locking left rear (implausible signal intermittent)
Data bus on board diagnostic interface (no signal/communication intermittent)
Terminal 75 emergency running active (intermittent)

Data bus obd interface
Infotainment data bus in single wire (electrical error in circuit intermittent)

Steering column lock
Function restriction due to missing message (00001000 passive/sporadic) this one appears three times

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
I have the list of faults:s
I do not know my way around the VCDS, so Im zero help there. That said

After rereading your previous post, about initial Polar install and the temporary dash lights, it hit me. What about updating the polar unit? From your recent post, the passat has not had any duplicated issues since removing the Polar unit. Have you cleared the codes and rechecked?

Both talking to Polar about a few issues, and searches of same isssue (temp reading constant @ "32*"). The fix seems to always be to update. My unit has worked great and I will update soon but I wanted to install my Kerma tune to a known solid base before diving in again and updating Polar unit.

P.S. Polar confirmed I could leave aux cable plugged in the mounted unit and leave the battery hooked up while upating the unit. This may help ease your labor too.
The tune is reading out improvements so far in regaurds to lowered soot and temps...

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
I missed a page of faults. Also can bus / no communication.
Tpms control module
Abs module
Power steering (drive train data bus)
Airbag (high speed can communication bus)
Seat adjustment, driver’s seat (data bus onboard diagnostic interface)

Yellowsubmarine, i updated it last Wednesday at home outside of the car. I thought about it on the way home and since it has been a week with no issues, im going to discuss it with my friend who is a vw Tech that’s helping me with the car. Maybe we will reinstall it tomorrow.

cscmc1

Veteran Member
TDI
n/a
Huge plus having the Polar input to compare stock tune with Kerma non delete tune.
I finally took er' out with new Kerma non delete tune for a 60 mile freeway stretch. The Polar showed I was JUST ready for another active regen with 150 miles since last one. The DPF is only 7k old and. The stock tune never passively keep soot level burnt off, even on 700* freeway runs. Here are a few things I noted:
First thing I noticed was it sounded different. Not bad, not good, just slightly different.
Started & idled just as good as it always has.
Slight power boost feel, havent put it to the giggle test yet but it always felt strong.
Normally a 50 mile freeway run leveled out @ around 45mpg ish... Today the lie-o-meter read 50.3 @ the returning offramp and "seemed" to be slowly adding mpg still. More trips needed though to see.
The soot load stayed @ 0.0 the whole freeway portion. It went up to 0.5 midtrip as I idled thru Wendys drivethru, but passively burnt soot off on return trip.
Joy meter hit a nice spot everytime the car idled by reading much lower EGT's. Probably 50*+. In the past I made it a practice to shut a/c off & idle to bring EGTs down below 400*. Normally would only take less than 30 seconds but the temperature would stay over 400* if the a/c was on! Now 375* ish with a/c, 315* with out
Dont forget to add your 2 cents to the poll @ the beggining of the thread
This has my interest piqued! I have been delaying tuning until my warranty runs out, but now I'm reconsidering given the positive effects you're seeing. I was going to go with a Malone tune as when my warranty DOES run out, I can upgrade to a delete tune. If Malone's non-delete tune lessens the need for regens as effectively as the Kermatune does, that could be huge.

I see folks mention that VW can tell when a tune has been installed a removed. Has anyone had a warranty claim denied because of this rumored counter? The mileage gains and lessened stress on the DPF are VERY attractive.

Thanks for the update!

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
This has my interest piqued! I have been delaying tuning until my warranty runs out, but now I'm reconsidering given the positive effects you're seeing. I was going to go with a Malone tune as when my warranty DOES run out, I can upgrade to a delete tune. If Malone's non-delete tune lessens the need for regens as effectively as the Kermatune does, that could be huge.
I see folks mention that VW can tell when a tune has been installed a removed. Has anyone had a warranty claim denied because of this rumored counter? The mileage gains and lessened stress on the DPF are VERY attractive.
Thanks for the update!
Exactly my journey. I was Kerma v Malone, peralysis by analysis

HTTP://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=505360

. My search directed me to Kerma because DPF and mpg were my main objectives. It "seemed" the Malone focused on power. I am in a smog area ans right now thats no bueno. Maybe later, the delete is the ultimate.

Last edited:

cscmc1

Veteran Member
TDI
n/a
Exactly my journey. I was Kerma v Malone, peralysis by analysis
forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=505360
. My search directed me to Kerma because DPF and mpg were my main objectives. It "seemed" the Malone focused on power. I am in a smog area ans right now thats no bueno. Maybe later, the delete is the ultimate.
I'll read through your thread -- thank you! Now I'm even more torn on how to proceed!

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
I'll read through your thread -- thank you! Now I'm even more torn on how to proceed!
This is an interesting, should I tune thread
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=478872&page=7

As far as warrenty, the emission is up on on my 11 in 2/21 and it initially got a new DPF (7k & clean) & new glow plug under warrenty. Now Id rather preserve a great car than kill it and wait for "maybe" covered repairs/parts.

Ive only seen positive smog results posted on non delete tunes. They run less soot (less cancer causing) and cooler (less hydrocarbon/smog) why shouldn't they pass? As long as it passes components, snap test and CEL/readiness moniters cleared... BUT there is some opposing... but it DOES say the EGR was turned off and non set readiness moniter. Check readiness pretest.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=477245

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=493324

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=393118

Im very happy with Kermas support and the tune so far.

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Update.... reinstalled the polar today and the car started acting crazy with no communication faults again. Disconnect the polar, car is back to normal. So if your car starts acting very strange and the battery is good, DISCONNECT the polar.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
Update.... reinstalled the polar today and the car started acting crazy with no communication faults again. Disconnect the polar, car is back to normal. So if your car starts acting very strange and the battery is good, DISCONNECT the polar.
I would HOPE Polar would repace or repair your well documented unit. Contact them through their site or where you purchased it. I've sang their praises but will have a conflicting view if they don't work with you. Apx. $300 isn't chump change in my view

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
using 0 to 60 times

Another cool feature is 0 to whatever times. My 2 sons and I made a couple of 0 to 60 passes after a Dennys fathersday meal. One was wiithout a/c (9.008). and the second was with a/c , on accident(9.808). 100 * outside 3 adaults @ 550lbs & new Kerma tune. You may notice it JUST had a fresh regen. Love this polar fis

Last edited:

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
So cool, so jealous.

Polar's ticket system is rather annoying and their reply is viewed as spam by yahoo. Their initial response asked for a photo of my cluster, a photo of the update screen and what radio is in my car (stock, original to the car RNS 510, it's a wonderful thing knowing the entire history of a car that you are not the original owner). Supposedly it has a 2 year warranty, but it remains to be seen if it will be honored.

cscmc1

Veteran Member
TDI
n/a
Another cool feature is 0 to whatever times. My 2 sons and I made a couple of 0 to 60 passes after a Dennys fathersday meal. One was wiithout a/c (8.008). and the second was with a/c , on accident(8.808). 100 * outside 3 adaults @ 5550lbs & new Kerma tune. You may notice it JUST had a fresh regen. Love this polar fis
http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/7178/medium/20200621[/QUOTE]

I'm loving mine too -- are you still getting extended intervals between regens with the Kermatune? I wonder if a Malone tune would do the same? The specter of another DPF replacement spooks me a bit; if a tune would mitigate the soot accumulation I'd be interested in going that route. I want to delete once my warranty is up, so Malone it is. They'll sell me a loader with two tunes loaded (once for stock emissions and one for after I delete).

Thanks for the updates on this thread!

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm loving mine too -- are you still getting extended intervals between regens with the Kermatune? I wonder if a Malone tune would do the same? The specter of another DPF replacement spooks me a bit; if a tune would mitigate the soot accumulation I'd be interested in going that route. I want to delete once my warranty is up, so Malone it is. They'll sell me a loader with two tunes loaded (once for stock emissions and one for after I delete).

The intervals (2xs) have gone from 175 miles+- to the last @250ish (today). It regened in seconds on the freeway on ramp.

Not downing Malone one bit, but my feel was (and it is only that), the Malone is focused more on H.P.. Because Im in a 2 yr. smog check area, I am not deleting. The Kerma "seemed" more friendly to the DPF & with lower soot claims. My dilemma was like many others in that I may later delete...? But less soot,... me likes! Maybe no reason to delete? Unlike the original tune Ive seen the freeway passive regens take the numbers backwards.

My warrenty is only until 2/21. I have established a repore with the local dealer, the car is in perfect order, new DPF, so I will chance switching back if need be. I would rather treat the NEW DPF right than the LOW chance of major repairs.

I haven't taken any real freeway trips yet but am anxious to. When I get a few fuelly tanks thru Ill post any MPG difference.

The Kerma keeps the stock tune along with the new tune on the box you get. you can switch back any time. Ive yet to do that.

My next adventure is to install the Kenwood unit with the Maestro. I did the Polar first to iron out any bugs. The 2 displays may have a few conflicts that will need worked out so I wanted a solid base first.

Last edited:

cscmc1

Veteran Member
TDI
n/a
The intervals (2xs) have gone from 175 miles+- to the last @250ish (today). It regened in seconds on the freeway on ramp.

Not downing Malone one bit, but my feel was (and it is only that), the Malone is focused more on H.P.. Because Im in a 2 yr. smog check area, I am not deleting. The Kerma "seemed" more friendly to the DPF & with lower soot claims. My dilemma was like many others in that I may later delete...? But as I witness extended time between regens, due to less soot, me likes it! Maybe no reason to delete? Unlike the original tune Ive seen the freeway passive regens take the numbers backwards.

My warrenty is only until 2/21. I have established a repore with the local dealer, the car is in perfect order, new DPF, so I will chance switching back if need be. I would rather treat the NEW DPF right than the LOW chance of major repairs.

I haven't taken any real freeway trips yet but am anxious to. When I get a few fuelly tanks thru Ill post any MPG difference.

The Kerma keeps the stock tune along with the new tune on the box you get. you can switch back any time. Ive yet to do that.

My next adventure is to install the Kenwood unit with the Maestro. I did the Polar first to iron out any bugs. The 2 displays may have a few conflicts that will need worked out so I wanted a solid base first.
Thanks for the update! I'm in a non-inspection county, and may well delete after my warranty is up, but in the meantime, a tune similar to what you've got is sure tempting. My dilemma is that if I want to delete at some point, Malone is the way to go. I can buy the tuner box from them and they'll put both tunes (stock emissions and full delete) on there for the price of just the one tune (this according to an employee I've been in touch with).

That said, like you, I am more interested in treating the DPF well for the time being, so I need to talk to Malone and see if their stock emissions tune is a low-soot one. Maybe they can tweak it to be more like the Kerma tune... I don't know. I'll do some investigating.

I am seeing regens in the same mileage ballpark that you are... every 170 miles or so. I'd love to get that number up and see highway runs extend it even further. I like what I'm hearing about the Kermatune!

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks for the update! I'm in a non-inspection county, and may well delete after my warranty is up, but in the meantime, a tune similar to what you've got is sure tempting. My dilemma is that if I want to delete at some point, Malone is the way to go. I can buy the tuner box from them and they'll put both tunes (stock emissions and full delete) on there for the price of just the one tune (this according to an employee I've been in touch with).
That said, like you, I am more interested in treating the DPF well for the time being, so I need to talk to Malone and see if their stock emissions tune is a low-soot one. Maybe they can tweak it to be more like the Kerma tune... I don't know. I'll do some investigating.
I am seeing regens in the same mileage ballpark that you are... every 170 miles or so. I'd love to get that number up and see highway runs extend it even further. I like what I'm hearing about the Kermatune!
Heres a slightly older thread I was just reading if you havent already.
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=496179
I think I was EXACTLY thinking like you on the tune. My thought is to delete & go with Malone
IF and when I ever got relocated to a freedom state. It would have been a no brainer though if Kerma would sell a delete tune also.

Last edited:

cscmc1

Veteran Member
TDI
n/a
forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=496179
I think I was EXACTLY thinking like you on the tune. My thought is to delete & go with Malone
IF and when I ever got relocated to a freedom state. It would have been a no brainer though if Kerma would sell a delete tune also.
I think we're thinking a LOT alike! I emailed Owain at Malone to ask him about their non-delete tune. I'd be curious to see whether it's "DPF-friendly" like the Kerma tune. I really like what I'm hearing you say about the Kerma tune though... I'd love to see more miles between regens, and see passive regens at highway speeds knocking my numbers back down. I fear the dieselgate "fix" could be the death of these cars w/o a delete or tune. It would be nice to get ahead of things!

cscmc1

Veteran Member
TDI
n/a
Oh, and by the way, I have Kenwood head unit in my car (previous owned had it installed). I'm tempted to try the Maestro as well!

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
Oh, and by the way, I have Kenwood head unit in my car (previous owned had it installed). I'm tempted to try the Maestro as well!
Yeah, Im kind of anxious to see how the Maestro intigrates with the Polar. Also this rns315 makes me really miss everything from the voice controls to great text features on my old dnn992. Hey my awaiting dnx995 even can integrate a K40 radar, along with the Kenwood dvr camera with forward car alert. Just have to make sure the fit n finish of each before building on the next layer.

Also keep in mind I have minimal data on the tune other than what Ive shared. But it does really impress me so far.

On another thread about the polar and Kenwood integration There is an A3 owner posting issues. Hes from Indiana, I see your Illinios. Im looking to hopefully relocate back to Indiana or Ohio in the next couple years. Midwest born, just doing time here in Comifornia.

Last edited:

cscmc1

Veteran Member
TDI
n/a
forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=496179
I posted an inquiry in the power enhancements subforum re: the Malone/Kerma discussion. I'm intrigued by the increase in mileage between regens that you're seeing, and wanted to get some more input on that. Feel free to chime in there if you're so inclined. Thanks again!

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=5599190#post5599190

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
I posted an inquiry in the power enhancements subforum re: the Malone/Kerma discussion. I'm intrigued by the increase in mileage between regens that you're seeing, and wanted to get some more input on that. Feel free to chime in there if you're so inclined. Thanks again!

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=5599190#post5599190
I have only had 2 regens since the tune so Im far from conclusive on the regen distances. Everyone has different driving styles and requirements. I.E. freeway and/or in town. My JSW is a secondary car and limited in use. I want to take FULL advantage of my 100k/10 yr. on the Subaru. We will use the JSW on a few upcoming LONG trips and THEN I will really have good data.

But to your question. The things that stand out to me (thanks to Polar input) is the lower soot production. My stock tune never saw a passive soot burn take the numbers backwards, where this tune has on the freeway. The active regens (only 2xs), are quick and increasing miles between times. The soot level wasn't as high as normal when the Kerma tune last regened and was only several seconds until soot hit 0! REG REQ back to 0001. Was it due to a new DPF and relearn resetting parameters? Not sure, the jury is still out.

Mileage... Ive logged every fillup in fuelly.com since bought 2/19 @ 691xx miles (haven't done the last fill up yet/since tune). gotta do that. I think the stock tune was around 36mpg mixed which seems 100% normal on an 11-14 TDI JSW.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
More data. 100ish mile round trip on freeway @103* & 65 to 70 mph, full max a/c.

I reset MPG the last few miles as it was on previous around town/mixed mpg. Better late than never. It was still gaining MPG as I exited

Startish of trip injector balance

Toward end, injector balance

The soot level held very low numbers, only temporarily increasing for a short time when in town driving for 7 11 coffee break. Back down to 0.0 soot as soon as I was freeway cruising again. I NEVER had this happen with the stock tune. Soot would never reverse numbers to my knowlege until in an active regen. The weird thing is the "REG REQ" would increase even if @ 0 soot load ??? Next regen miles between??? It usually regened after a loaded DPF @ 6.0ish as I remember. I will next replace the reg st. (regen status). "Reg st." Is kind of redundant with "REG REQ" (regen request). On this mmenu page I will replace postion #4 with "reg mi".(miles since last regen) .

Last edited:

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
You're only getting 300 miles on regens? That seems a bit low. I went into regen tonight and was able to snap some pics. I've been getting 450-470 miles on regens. Sometimes my req regen will only be at a 4 or 5 and will kick on around 460 miles. The regen counter on the polar will then jump to 7 and slowly count down back to 1. I was able to snap some pics today of when the regen started and ended. Took about 9 miles of driving to get back down to 1.

Only con I see is no oil temp, though these cars don't have oil temp sensors.

What is your soot level @ regen start?

I just reread from the start to reacquaint myself with my past performance and numbers. I am remembering somewhere it was stated there are various parameters kicking off active regens. I was inaccurate in stating my distance seems to has increased but in some cases stayed similar in times between regens. BUT the soot has definitely showed less and in fact DOES now burn off when freeway conditions are met. I think there is truth to varying factors to active regens result in varying mile between, regen times, low soot load levels in an active regen etc... I wish I knew what requirements must be met.

Im slow to get this perfected but really like using it. It would be great to see other users settings/readings and why you choose the particular order.
Any and all user data would be great

Has anyone gotten oil temp to work? Mine just reads -76 or 32 depending on the advance setting I choose. I assume there's just no temp sensor for an actual reading.
Have you updated? If so hows oil pressure?

Anyone ever have a polar fis cause loss of communication/ can bus faults? (Not saying mine did, just trying to find a cause)
Whats the status?

The 1st response kind of deals with that answer more in-depth. But in short its looking like it runs cleaner. May or may not regen @ longer time gaps, but when it does (so far) it is quick. Do these ECUs have to relearn?
My fuelly.com mpg has gone up.

Has the Kenwood created any issues? Ive read that an aftermarket HU will set a marker??? If so have you witnessed this? My next big adventure is a new DNX995S going in.

Last edited:

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
Sorry no pictures this time.

I always watch EGT before shut down and. With the tune I find pre-shut down EGT temps. (under non active regen.) are usually just over 400*. This is when a/c is on and it is a hot day. If the a/c is off, EGT is below 400*. If over 400* EGT, I turn off the air and Idle just seconds to easily bring temps below 400*.

That said;

Had a weird one this evening on shut down after apx. 20 miles of freeway. On shut down the EGT was reading over 600* and cooling fans stayed on (just like in an active regen).

ALTHOUGH the REG REQ was @ 3.0 (not 7.0), soot mg. @ 0.6 (certainly not loaded), DPF status @ ff01 (not in active regen that is "ff02"). The DPF mi. was @ 245.

Maybe it JUST started an active regen? But the above? Any one have similar regen.'s like this? Maybe next drive will show it just started a regen.

BTW fuelly.com brought my average m.p.g. up from 35 to 37 after I entered the last 2 fill-ups since the tune. It may be off very slightly as the last fill-up the pump keep shutting off prematurely???

Last edited:

Nekit

TDI
2013 A3 TDI
So I had a PolarFIS PF04 on my 2013 A3 TDI. It was having communication conflicts with my Radio that also used the OBD II line to report similar info on the radio screen and removed the FIS. One time after I installed the FIS I had been driving at 70mph down the highway for an hour. I was paging through the FIS screens and all of a sudden everything died and lots of trouble lights. I had to pull over and cycle the ignition before it would run. When I scanned it with VCDS it had all kinds of communication errors. I figured the FIS crashed and all the computers lost communication. Not sure if it was part of the conflict with the radio, or just the FIS crashing. It was kind for scary driving in traffic at 70mph and have everything die.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
So I had a PolarFIS PF04 on my 2013 A3 TDI. It was having communication conflicts with my Radio that also used the OBD II line to report similar info on the radio screen and removed the FIS. One time after I installed the FIS I had been driving at 70mph down the highway for an hour. I was paging through the FIS screens and all of a sudden everything died and lots of trouble lights. I had to pull over and cycle the ignition before it would run. When I scanned it with VCDS it had all kinds of communication errors. I figured the FIS crashed and all the computers lost communication. Not sure if it was part of the conflict with the radio, or just the FIS crashing. It was kind for scary driving in traffic at 70mph and have everything die.
Good to hear back from you on the Kenwood/maestro & Polar combo. I am really interested in any conflicts the 2 may/will have with each other as I will be installing my Kenwood with maestro harness soon.

What is your present status on the combo? I may have to reconsider using the maestro harness. I would much rather the Polar data over the limited mkVI avalible data the maestro can offer.

Are you ok with a p.m.?

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
Hi. I have a golf here that has the same oil temp issue. With a new unit, and the 3.0 beta update...still the same 32F. That is also with the advanced setting in diagnostic for oil temp.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
Hi. I have a golf here that has the same oil temp issue. With a new unit, and the 3.0 beta update...still the same 32F. That is also with the advanced setting in diagnostic for oil temp.
I havent got around to loading latest update that Polar says fixs oil temp. Is that the latest?