2015 Golf TDI S Manual Value??

alext91

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6MT Pano (Sold), 2015 Golf S 4DR 6MT (Sold), 1999.5 Jetta TDI Tornado Red (Sold)
Please advise if this is the wrong place to post this. Looking for a little insight here. Short back story: my wife and I had our first baby in February, and we're potentially looking to replace my wife's 2015 Golf TDI with something larger (Alltrack). I don't really want to sell the Golf but we are exploring all of our options.

The car:
2015 Golf TDI S 6MT, purchased CPO October 2018 with 16,500 miles.
We are the second owners of the car, first owner was in VA so it is super clean, only seen 2 NH winters, and I wash it frequently during winter.
Has phase 1 emissions fix which was done at purchase (16,500 miles)
Currently has 35,000 miles and has been great to us.
All maintenance since purchased has been performed by me, have all receipts and a maintenance log that I've kept for warranty purposes. Just did new front pads and rotors a couple of weeks ago.
I've attached a few photos, not cleaned up as this isn't a for sale listing. I'm just honestly looking for insight on pricing. What would you pay for this car? The values are all over the place given the lack of availability of these cars. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

smittyatl

TDI
GSW
Sportwagen/Alltrack is only about 18" longer behind the rear wheels, otherwise same size as the Golf on the interior.

I did two kids with my MKIV Golf with no problems.

alext91

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6MT Pano (Sold), 2015 Golf S 4DR 6MT (Sold), 1999.5 Jetta TDI Tornado Red (Sold)
Sportwagen/Alltrack is only about 18" longer behind the rear wheels, otherwise same size as the Golf on the interior.

I did two kids with my MKIV Golf with no problems.
Yeah, the passenger compartment is the same size, but the extra room behind the rear seats is huge. I have a JSW that we currently take everywhere due to that. As I said, it's totally doable with the Golf, but if the right buyer came along we would be willing to part with the Golf for a little more room.

ticaf

Veteran Member
TDI
Stock 2015 Golf SW S Manual TDI
How much you want for it?
Any particular reason you changed the front brakes that early?

15TDICommuter

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW
This is tough and I think selling the car may be tough too.

Just at quick glance, I'm assuming the CPO warranty expires in the next 6 months. Which puts you behind the cars that still have that warranty.

I would take whatever you paid and knock off 15-25%, for starters? I don't know the demand in your area, but these cars come and go pretty quickly in South Florida, at dealerships. This makes me think that the private party sales are a bit tougher, especially with the CPO deals out there.

alext91

Veteran Member
TDI
How much you want for it?
Any particular reason you changed the front brakes that early?
The front rotors were slightly warped, and pulsing. I figured I would replace the pads as well while I was in there. Pads did still have plenty of life though. I'm really not sure, similar cars seem to range from $13-15k so I'm thinking we would probably need $13-14k for it to make sense. I really don't know what it's truly worth with the way the market for these is

alext91

Veteran Member
TDI
For what it's worth I have the 40k service kit from IDParts that I could perform on the car before sale in addition to me cleaning the car up, as I didn't clean it at all for these photos.

alext91

Veteran Member
TDI
Always good to see what companies like CarMax or Carvana will offer you.
That's a good point, I hadn't thought of that

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
I would think you could find a buyer in the $11-12.5k range without having to wait for ages for that rare buyer willing to pay over market value to come along.

Last edited:

alext91

Veteran Member
TDI
I would think you could find a buyer in the $12-13k range without having to wait for ages for that rare buyer willing to pay over market value to come along.
Yeah I would imagine that. $12-13k is definitely reasonable in my book.

DieselDavid

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6M, 2015 Golf SEL TDI DSG
Keep it!

And in 16 years your child can drive it!

Last edited: