Problems with thread title

NextExit

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Sportwagen
I'm having 2 issues with the title of a thread (car FS) I created.
1. All other titles are underlined bold. Mine is neither. Why?
2. I changed the title of the initial post but that does not change the title of the thread. I have tried to follow the directions for changing a thread title, but when I double-click left button in the box, all it does is highlight the last word. I would very much like to change the title since I initially neglected to include the location of the car FS.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
I'm having 2 issues with the title of a thread (car FS) I created.
1. All other titles are underlined bold. Mine is neither. Why?
2. I changed the title of the initial post but that does not change the title of the thread. I have tried to follow the directions for changing a thread title, but when I double-click left button in the box, all it does is highlight the last word. I would very much like to change the title since I initially neglected to include the location of the car FS.

1) Thread titles are underlined and bold - unless (until) you have seen all of the posts in the thread. Threads you have already opened and viewed (with no new posts) are no longer bold.
2) Users cannot change a thread's title. You can edit the post itself, but you can't edit the title. Title changes must be done by a moderator or an administrator. The easiest way to get a thread title changed is to report the first post in the thread and state what you would like the thread title to be changed to. This is not unusual, it happens regularly.

Have Fun!

Don

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
You can try Edit>Go Advanced, but I don't see any formatting for a title. Moderator can be found at the bottom of the forum page.

NextExit

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Sportwagen
Reporting the first posting in my thread worked once, but I (unfortunately) have needed this done two more times and have not seen any change after more than 3 days. Have I used up my allowance for botched thread titles?

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Reporting the first posting in my thread worked once, but I (unfortunately) have needed this done two more times and have not seen any change after more than 3 days. Have I used up my allowance for botched thread titles?

I am not a moderator in the For Sale forums, so I can't change it for you. However, I did look and notice that you only reported the thread once, and that the requested change was made by someone. I see no reported messages asking for any additional changes. There is no limit to the number of changes allowed, however, there can be limits to the moderators time and availability. If you want the moderator to look at it a second time, you will probably have to report it a second time (or third, etc.).

Have Fun!

Don

P.S. If you already reported it, it can't hurt to report it again.

Last edited:

NextExit

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Sportwagen
Definitely *tried* to report again

OK, I must have done something wrong when I tried to report it again. (The 3rd attempt was on a different for-sale ad.) Maybe I thought I was submitting the reports and canceled instead? Thanks for looking into it.