2013 Passat 6M Buyback Black Hole

upsbroke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB and '13 JSW
Is there something different about the Dieselgate fixes on the 13-15 Passat TDI's. My daughter's 13 Passat manual transmission car was a buyback car that still appears to just be sitting wherever VW put these things. I'm trying to figure out why it hasn't been resold.

tactdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta
There is not an emissions fix for the 13-14 manual Passats (only the DSGs).
2015 Passats have a fix for manual and DSGs.

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
I sold my 2014 6-MT Passat back to VW in Jan of 2018. I did a VIN search a year later and found out it was crushed in June of 2018.

I did manage to find & buy one of the few 2015 6-MT Passats! :D

:)

jdyno718

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW Passat SE Manual
I sold my 2012 Passat 6-mt back only after someone hit it while my wife was driving. Got insurance and the buy back, then i managed to find an unfixed 2012 Passat 6-mt. that someone traded into the dealer days after the deadline to register.... So glad I got back into the same "unfixed" passat as i hear loades of issues with "fixed" ones.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
There was never a fix for them so they cannot be resold. You gotta find one that some crazy person did not do a buyback on like jdyno718 did

BKmetz

Staff member
TDI
How are the fixed 2015s? Do they have DPF problems or is that just the 2014 and older Jettas?
I can't speak for all 2015 owners, but the CVCA engine seems to have fewer problems than the older models by a fair margin. One simply doesn't read that many threads here about 2015 issues.

I bought a 2015 because it has the best warranty out of all the resold TDIs. That being said, my car has had ZERO issues. I've put almost 60k miles on it since I bought it in Oct of 2017. For normal wear items I have replaced the tires, front brakes, and the battery. So far it's been the one of the best cars I have ever owned.

BKmetz

Staff member
TDI
How are the fixed 2015s? Do they have DPF problems or is that just the 2014 and older Jettas?
My son bought a sweet low mileage 2015 Passat SEL. So far his only emission related issues have been the DEF injector in the upper left side of the engine bay has leaked twice. This is a common problem and both times it was covered under the extended emission warranty. It's also a quick cheap and easy fix. Dealers usually keep DEF injectors in stock. I have not had this issue with my car.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I can't speak for all 2015 owners, but the CVCA engine seems to have fewer problems than the older models by a fair margin. One simply doesn't read that many threads here about 2015 issues.

I bought a 2015 because it has the best warranty out of all the resold TDIs. That being said, my car has had ZERO issues. I've put almost 60k miles on it since I bought it in Oct of 2017. For normal wear items I have replaced the tires, front brakes, and the battery. So far it's been the one of the best cars I have ever owned.

Same deal for my 2015 Beetle. Same engine too. I would have bought another Passat but they failed to inform me when they came back on the market. They only had 2 black Jettas and my Beetle at the time. Not having a black car so the Beetle worked just fine.