Climate Change - venting

Status
Not open for further replies.

vwdsmguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf black 5-spd
I have been to several climate change classes - events. It seems what is talked about is everything but Americans buying SUVs and trucks that get mileages in the range of 15 to 22 MPG. These big vehicles are good [profit wise] for the mfgs. and dealers, but why are few talking about this bad trend? Fuel is way too cheap, I guess. With this trend it seems Americans don't care about global warming as long as they can have their oversize vehicles and houses. Way I see it !!!!

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
............................ With this trend it seems Americans don't care about global warming as long as they can have their oversize vehicles and houses. Way I see it !!!!
Those with power will not be happy unless they can profit from every drop of oil they can find. Another factor is that passenger cars and trucks are a fairly low percentage of the contributors.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Two reasons I like Fred’s no politics, no climate change hysteria. I believe both discussions are banned by forum rules.

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI
If a lot of people care about reducing pollution, I guess they will do it.

If they don't care, then they won't.

That's democracy.

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
No, instead they complain about forcing our high efficiency vehicles to get better standards for emissions, despite the fact that they do far better than many.

I do believe that's a subject for another forum though.

There are plenty of forums on sustainability and grease machines like myturbodiesel.com where it's more allowable conversation.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

tpitt1946

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2004 Silver
I have been to several climate change classes - events. It seems what is talked about is everything but Americans buying SUVs and trucks that get mileages in the range of 15 to 22 MPG. These big vehicles are good [profit wise] for the mfgs. and dealers, but why are few talking about this bad trend? Fuel is way too cheap, I guess. With this trend it seems Americans don't care about global warming as long as they can have their oversize vehicles and houses. Way I see it !!!!
Wow are you out to lunch. Many of us need large vehicles to move our equipment or whatever. Some of us live in rural areas and are dependent in our large vehicles. New York would starve to death if it wasn't for our freight systems. I also own two tdi's and drive them mostly, but when I need a large vehicle I use it without shame!

Status
Not open for further replies.