Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
Hi everyone,
I am trying to get an idea of what members of this community are looking for and foremost in terms Of a GTG.

In order to facilitate this please select what category is of the most interest to you.
If you select a scenic overnight GTG give ideas for destination.
Additional categories can’t be added; however please feel free to share the missing categories and a new poll can get started.
This will take sometime to organize so please bear with me.

Last edited:

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
That is a very good question and I ambsure the system is not that advanced. Just pick tge #1

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Hi all, never posted in this sub forum before but am active in other tdiclub forums. Ive owned alot of different VWs over the years, starting with a 59 baja bug in 82' :rolleyes: I was a mechanic by trade but sidelined by a motorcycle injury and that is what is prompting my next question.
Id like to find a local VW spacific experianced repair shop or mechanic that knows his way around the VCDS. I live in the central valley in Ca., north of Turlock. Id like to find a knowlegeable tech or shop local, any input is greatly appreciated.

deegingerkid

Beware the Ginger! Vendor
TDI
"Blurple" 2000 New Beetle 5M 2006 Jetta has been SOLD
Hi all, never posted in this sub forum before but am active in other tdiclub forums. Ive owned alot of different VWs over the years, starting with a 59 baja bug in 82' :rolleyes: I was a mechanic by trade but sidelined by a motorcycle injury and that is what is prompting my next question.
Id like to find a local VW spacific experianced repair shop or mechanic that knows his way around the VCDS. I live in the central valley in Ca., north of Turlock. Id like to find a knowlegeable tech or shop local, any input is greatly appreciated.
Come on over to Marin County. Matt Phelan (aka Matt-98AHU) has his own shop in San Anselmo. Here's his thread. https://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=444867

I'm his girlfriend, you can reach out to either of us. His profile has a direct link to his email. I know we're not super local to Turlock, but customers come from all parts of CA (and sometimes farther) for service. Shoot him an email with your concerns! :D

-Diedre

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Come on over to Marin County. Matt Phelan (aka Matt-98AHU) has his own shop in San Anselmo. Here's his thread. https://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=444867

I'm his girlfriend, you can reach out to either of us. His profile has a direct link to his email. I know we're not super local to Turlock, but customers come from all parts of CA (and sometimes farther) for service. Shoot him an email with your concerns! :D

-Diedre
Thanks Diedrel, Ive noticed his post. I just got thru a polar fis set up. There is no pressing issue right at the moment. I willl be however dealing with aftermarket deck w/ cameras (maybe pano drain work/maintenance while headliner is down), 80,000 mile service and a few misc items. Are you general repair?

deegingerkid

Beware the Ginger! Vendor
TDI
"Blurple" 2000 New Beetle 5M 2006 Jetta has been SOLD
Thanks Diedrel, Ive noticed his post. I just got thru a polar fis set up. There is no pressing issue right at the moment. I willl be however dealing with aftermarket deck w/ cameras (maybe pano drain work/maintenance while headliner is down), 80,000 mile service and a few misc items. Are you general repair?
Yes! Matt has worked at a dealer for about a year and on his own for the past 5 years and on his own cars a lot before that. He has dealt with pano roofs, but they are a bit of a pain to deal with.

He can do ANYTHING on any TDI. We own many different ones. My Y2k Beetle, his 2004 V10 Touraeg, a 2014 Passat, a 2006 Jetta and our 2005 Passat Wagon (with the oddball longitudinal BHW engine). Don't hesitate to reach out at any time. We may not be around in June, but the rest of the year is good! :D

B100

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf
Those sites all have strict limits on number of vehicles allowed to park, and have locked gates which make driving in and out tedious. As well, they're only reservable by Alameda County residents.

casioqv

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
Those sites all have strict limits on number of vehicles allowed to park, and have locked gates which make driving in and out tedious. As well, they're only reservable by Alameda County residents.

-You can have 15 vehicles, would we even have that many?
-Several people in this thread live in Alameda county and can reserve.
-I didn't find the part about locked gates online, but I'm sure there is some way to easily come and go if they are renting it regularly to large groups with lots of cars.

B100

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf
-You can have 15 vehicles, would we even have that many?
-Several people in this thread live in Alameda county and can reserve.
-I didn't find the part about locked gates online, but I'm sure there is some way to easily come and go if they are renting it regularly to large groups with lots of cars.
Many GTGs have had moar than 15 vehicles.

I was speaking from the many times I've reserved those very sites for overnight group camping. They are delightful spots to camp, but less than perfect for working on vehicles. But for hanging out and cooking over BBQ and standing around a fire long into the night, yes, absolutely.