VCDS VAG-COM Locator

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Id like to find a local VW spacific experianced repair shop or mechanic that knows his way around the VCDS. I live in the central valley in Ca., north of Turlock. Id like to find a knowlegeable tech or shop local, any input is greatly appreciated.

Yes, I also tried the links etc...

Last edited:

BakoTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, MK7
Id like to find a local VW spacific experianced repair shop or mechanic that knows his way around the VCDS. I live in the central valley in Ca., north of Turlock. Id like to find a knowlegeable tech or shop local, any input is greatly appreciated.

Yes, I also tried the links etc...

Check this out. He’s in the map...found the other link that works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Check this out. He’s in the map...found the other link that works.

Thanks, Ill look him up

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
Here you go

Looked himm up. He appears innactive since 1/14 after selling his VW and moving south.

The search resums... Thanks anyhoo

mr.loops

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta, 2003 Bora 1.8T
I just checked mine - I’m still not on the list for my region :(

Edit;
Just found it - wrong city lol

Last edited:

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
Last edited:

BakoTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, MK7
Looked himm up. He appears innactive since 1/14 after selling his VW and moving south.

The search resums... Thanks anyhoo

Try Wild Rose VW in Wittier I believe. I’ve used them before but it’s been a while. They were in Fullerton before.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Here’s another one close...who knows how often this gets updated
Fixmy59bug is a member here, but I happen to know that he moved from Riverside, CA to Henderson, NV several years ago. He does have VCDS, but he's not on California anymore.

Have Fun!

Don

BakoTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, MK7
About 30 min. Down 99 of Stockton.
Apstguy m.i.a. since 2014
Emailled other, no response yet

I’m sorry man. Well I’m in Bakersfield if you ever come this way let me know. What do you need to diagnose?

Here is a link to trusted TDI mechanics by state . There are a couple in San Jose that may help you out.

Last edited:

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
I’m sorry man. Well I’m in Bakersfield if you ever come this way let me know. What do you need to diagnose?

Here is a link to trusted TDI mechanics by state . There are a couple in San Jose that may help you out.

Thanks, I appreciate the offer.

I'm good right now. I just had a CPO covered CEL (po13ce & p013do #1 glow plug). Would have been nice to know codes in advance. $130 diag. fee if it wasn't covered, luckily it was.

My main reason is to find a qualified VW guy or shop. I recently had a shop install a polar fis unit. I did the set up. It came out good. I had a laundry list of misc. little stuff. It would be nice though if I could find someone you don't have to explain the repair in detail too first.

03ALHVNT17

TDI
03 Jetta 5spd ALH
VCDS in City of Riverside or western Riverside County

Hi All,

I am relatively new to TDI, but have an 86 Jetta MK2 1.6 IDI for 4 years now. I bought my 03 MK4 TDI not running a few years ago (blown turbo) and got it running with Frank 06 help (great guy) I now have a CEL on but car runs great. Wondering if there is anyone in the City of Riverside or (Western Riverside COunty that can help me with scan and set IQ. I would be willing to give you lunch or some money.

I know I need to buy a VCDS, but don't have the money right now.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Hi All,
I am relatively new to TDI, but have an 86 Jetta MK2 1.6 IDI for 4 years now. I bought my 03 MK4 TDI not running a few years ago (blown turbo) and got it running with Frank 06 help (great guy) I now have a CEL on but car runs great. Wondering if there is anyone in the City of Riverside or (Western Riverside COunty that can help me with scan and set IQ. I would be willing to give you lunch or some money.
I know I need to buy a VCDS, but don't have the money right now.
not sure how many are still active http://www.maptive.com/ver3/VCDS_Locator

Rgaon_1

TDI
1999 VW Jetta TDI 1.9
So I just replaced my ip but I need vcds to time it properly. Anyone in the area of inland empire, Perris, riverside, or anywhere near? I can Pay as well

MrFahrenheit99

TDI
2003 Golf TDI 5 speed
Hi everyone!

I'm doing my best trying to locate the map of people who have Vag-Com units, but I'm having some trouble. Is there anyone in the Bay Area (preferably SF/Peninsula) that has one? I just replaced my injector pump seals and need to make sure my IQ is set correctly before I take a long trip on 6/17. Please PM me if you would be willing to help me out. I'll gladly reimburse you with beer/burritos/lunch. Thank you in advance!

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Hi everyone!

I'm doing my best trying to locate the map of people who have Vag-Com units, but I'm having some trouble. Is there anyone in the Bay Area (preferably SF/Peninsula) that has one? I just replaced my injector pump seals and need to make sure my IQ is set correctly before I take a long trip on 6/17. Please PM me if you would be willing to help me out. I'll gladly reimburse you with beer/burritos/lunch. Thank you in advance!
Honestly you can for now just do a hammer mod and get it right after it is rough on idle. A tiny tap past rough idle back the other way I'd about 2 to 3. If you cant locate one in time this will get you by

MrFahrenheit99

TDI
2003 Golf TDI 5 speed
Honestly you can for now just do a hammer mod and get it right after it is rough on idle. A tiny tap past rough idle back the other way I'd about 2 to 3. If you cant locate one in time this will get you by
Thanks! Luckily, I lined it up so well that it runs perfect as it. I just don’t know what the numbers say. It runs/drives like I never even messed with it

TDI
2003 Golf TDI (MK IV - ALH)
Out on a limb here but looking for a vag com device in Canmore or Calgary, Alberta. I’ve got some replacement keys I need matched to the car immobilizer system. Thx

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Will this obd 11 get the job done in place of vcds?
Short answere no
Long answere yes but extremely limited and unreliable
If all you need is to check and adjust timing, yes it kinda works.
I assume you are referring to the fleebay blue cables and hacker software?
Extremely undesirable amount of work for it to work properly or even at all.