Photos gone crazy in Photo Gallery

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
What... you expect too much from a format server that was built and designed nearly 20 years ago.
if they are deleted then there would be no image at all, to me this looks like the files in the database (aka the image hosting servers hard drives have been lost probably to a server failure) but the library still is there so it shoes nothing but blanks. i would wager that they are lost forever) in fact if you go to the photos board, everyones photos are the same way.

so basically the server must have crashed and the drives holding our pictures are GONE.

all my photos are gone, its all gone. its over...................

Last edited:

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
What... you expect too much from a format server that was built and designed nearly 20 years ago.
if they are deleted then there would be no image at all, to me this looks like the files in the database (aka the image hosting servers hard drives have been lost probably to a server failure) but the library still is there so it shoes nothing but blanks. i would wager that they are lost forever) in fact if you go to the photos board, everyones photos are the same way.

so basically the server must have crashed and the drives holding our pictures are GONE.

who has access to the server for adding or fixing drives? i would be up for donating a few.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
ah. well drives fail. probably did not have a backup. im sure you have the photos somewhere still

STDOUBT

Veteran Member
TDI
dos jettas
This is why I've always wished for some way to mirror this site (to my own hard drive lol).
If there was a way to get this whole site snapshotted onto a big fat usb stick, well, I'd pay some
cold cash for that.
If the knowledge and wisdom here was gone one day...well, that would be a very bad day.
Most of the HOW-Tos I have copy/pasted into my word processor and saved as PDFs.
I really hope there's some kind of backup plan or some kind of place to meet-up virtually should the worst occurr.
Not reddit please :)

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
I wouldn't panic just yet. Everything is backed up onto tape at the Stone Mountain facility.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Thanks Fred ...... much appreciated.

To the others, I quit Photo Bucket and anything like it long ago. All of my photos are uploaded here in the TDI club with no outside involvement at all!

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Figure it's probably a directory issue. Glad it's not a big issue. Kinda freaky though

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Thanks Fred ...... much appreciated.

To the others, I quit Photo Bucket and anything like it long ago. All of my photos are uploaded here in the TDI club with no outside involvement at all!
Yes, that's definitely best practice.

Hard to say what happened, Fred will fix it. Working with windows computers all day every day, this sort of thing happens not infrequently.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Looking at Fred's join date...1996. I realize Fred IS the forum but I didn't think the forum was around till 98 or 99.

scurvy

Good Ol' Boy
TDI
2006 Golf

THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!! :D Anyone take you up on that wager?

Thanks for taking care of things, Fred! Looking forward to the images being back in action soon.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Looking at Fred's join date...1996. I realize Fred IS the forum but I didn't think the forum was around till 98 or 99.
Copyright © 1996- - 2013 Fred Voglmaier
This Home Page was created on, Wednesday, July 03, 1996
Most recent revision September 28, 2015.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
F.R.E.D

Frequently
Requested
Education
on
Diesels

scurvy

Good Ol' Boy
TDI
2006 Golf
Now if I could just figure out how to get pics off my phone,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Plug it into your computer. Android and iPhones will show up with a folder you can drag & drop the pictures off onto your computer.

Or use a storage service (Box, Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc...) and have them automatically back up from your phone. Then access them from a web browser and download as needed.