MN Chat Thread

Farmboy

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf SE TDI 6spd 109k miles; '00 A4 NB 5spd 216k; '96 B4 Passat Sedan 220k
TR - thanks for the suggestion, no love yet on CL. No love yet on car-part.com. Amazon has a set of three 15x6 5x112 steel non OEM, no love yet on eBay, strongest option currently looks to be the link I posted, barring some real luck, it would seem . . .

TPW

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A6 Avant BHW 6 speed manual, 2003 Golf ALH 506k miles
I had 3 VW black steelies 15 X 6 5X112 posted on Facebook Market place. That seems to be the hot spot since CL started charging for posts, still have them; $25 for all three.

Last edited:

salad

TDI
2011 JSW, 2012 Q7
Anyone have a helpful suggestion where/how to get a set of four (4) 15"x6" steel rims, 5x112 bolt pattern, offset of 43, local to the Twin Cities, that will fit on a a 2015 Golf TDI SE? -- Don't need the cheapest source, don't need to find the most expensive one, though, either. New is not out of the question . . . Thanks in advance . . .
I think I have a set of 15" steelies from an 09 Jetta Sedan that don't fit on a JSW. Let me know if you're still looking and I'll try to dig them out to get some pics.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Best shop close to Duluth to do the timing belt on my 2003 Jetta Wagon? Under 8,000 miles to 200,000
I think it would be worthwhile to travel further, to have the job done right and probably for less money.

Namakan

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 2011 JSW (gone), 2004 Jetta (gone)
Best shop close to Duluth to do the timing belt on my 2003 Jetta Wagon? Under 8,000 miles to 200,000
I know he’s not in your backyard but is Nick no longer doing them? If not try and get ahold of Eric Merker and see if he will do it out of his garage one evening or weekend.

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
make sure and ask for the old bits back

if they don't give you a nice mangled cam seal in your bag-o-parts you can bet it was a paint mark belt job

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
Precision Imports in Milaca MN. Tony is a nice guy and does great work! I use them whenever i want something done thats above my knowledge.
https://precisionimportsmn.com/

Curious Chris I think his TB is like $600ish and he does the full kit with the 100 mile belt.

Last edited:

prsa01

Veteran Member
TDI
14 jsw 6m, 96 B4v, miss my a4 :(
idk. i can't remember. i know he told me when i had mine done a couple years ago but i don't know anymore.
You guys both missed that he was just kidding because you said it was a 100 (vs 100k) mile kit.

Prothe is an infamous provider of (at best) suspect parts.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
You guys both missed that he was just kidding because you said it was a 100 (vs 100k) mile kit.
Prothe is an infamous provider of (at best) suspect parts.
oh lol!! ok. i see ya i missed that. Tony does the 100k belt. he only uses high
quality parts far as i have found.

and Merry Christmas to you all!!

Last edited:

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
Precision Imports in Milaca MN. Tony is a nice guy and does great work! I use them whenever i want something done thats above my knowledge.

Curious Chris I think his TB is like $600ish and he does the full kit with the 100 mile belt.
Nice I contacted him and he is game on doing my 5 speed swap. This weekend I am going to use the checklist and put all the parts except the transmission in a bin.

bigkahuna360

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI, 2011 BMW 335d Stage 2
hey bigkahuna, I am trying to talk myself into a GTD1752. Not likely to go as far as you in terms of fueling, but how did you solve all the little details mounting that puppy up? This for my BEW.
cheers,
Douglas
Hey, sorry I didn’t reply to you sooner, I really don’t check TDIClub on the daily anymore and rely on quote email notifications or PMs to reply back. Eric Merker handled getting it all to fit nicely. (it does very well) I believe he had someone cut off the manifold from a VNT 15 and weld on a V-band flange. Other than that, he had to make a custom intake hose to the air box and modify the inlet/outlet (?) to the intercooler pipe because the angle was wrong. I think that’s about it.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Nice I contacted him and he is game on doing my 5 speed swap. This weekend I am going to use the checklist and put all the parts except the transmission in a bin.
awesome! I think you'll like his work. Runs a great shop. Be careful driving over the weekend, roads are supposed to be icy apparently....

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
I was collecting all the parts for the 5 speed swap and I have everything except the master cylinder. Since Nick pulled the parts will the master cylinder in my automatic work with a 5 speed?

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)

Should he be added to the TDI Gurus list?