Appalachian Diesel Works - Asheville, NC

KAT90

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta
Just moved to the area a few months ago. I'm an hour away from Asheville NC. Looking for a new shop. Does anyone have a link or phone # for Daniel at Appalachian Diesel Works? I'm confused with the TurbineWhine Asheville, NC shop.

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
Just moved to the area a few months ago. I'm an hour away from Asheville NC. Looking for a new shop. Does anyone have a link or phone # for Daniel at Appalachian Diesel Works? I'm confused with the TurbineWhine Asheville, NC shop.
Honestly, email is the easiest way to reach him in my experience. He does respond to messages.
828-273-8951
degrindstaff@gmail.com

blackcloud08

TDI
2011 JSW
Is Daniel at Appalachian Diesel still good to go as of 2020? Will probably be getting a 2011 Jetta Wagon with 69k miles so I'll be wanting to get the trans serviced, fuel filter, timing belt kit installed so I'll know where the car stands. Thanks.

loudspl

Veteran Member
TDI
02 ASV w/ 02J
Has anyone heard from Daniel?
Been trying to reach him for a couple weeks now.
One of my cars is at his shop now.
Hope he's OK

blackcloud08

TDI
2011 JSW
Has anyone heard from Daniel?
Been trying to reach him for a couple weeks now.
One of my cars is at his shop now.
Hope he's OK
Tried getting ahold of him the end of June and he would never call me back.

CalvinM

TDI
2003 Golf
Hope he's ok too. I wouldn't call him the best communicator, but he has always been honest and reliable when I needed him. Maybe someone local can stop by his shop and check in for you?

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Daniel continues to purchase from us, so I know he's out there. Just may be hard to reach.

loudspl

Veteran Member
TDI
02 ASV w/ 02J
Hope he's ok too. I wouldn't call him the best communicator, but he has always been honest and reliable when I needed him. Maybe someone local can stop by his shop and check in for you?
I have some family in the area there that can swing by his shop. I used to live near Asheville in Brevard.
Yes, he has always been honest and one of the best if not the best TDI mechanic in the area.

Daniel continues to purchase from us, so I know he's out there. Just may be hard to reach.
That's good news.
I have sent him some texts and left voicemails but have not received a response for weeks.
I just hope he's not sick or injured.
These crazy times we live in, anything can happen to a person. Hope he's just busy!

laundryeater

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf, '15 Golf SW
Just talked with him because he's checking out my car's AC. He's doing alright just covered up in work. Without a doubt the best mechanic around!