Sunroof draining?

franky67

TDI
2013 Passat TDI Se
Hi there!
When I asked estimate for 40k mile service including dsg, the advisor at the dealer said ,all filter changes+sunroof drain+dsg 1290$.
Is it something very difficult?
If you have done it before, could you please share your experiences?
I watched some videos for Audi A4's they had to take the rear bumper off the drain from the passenger side ?:eek:

bustNfuel

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold: 13 Passat SEL TDI
I watched some videos for Audi A4's they had to take the rear bumper off the drain from the passenger side ?:eek:
Hi Franky,

I have not performed the DSG service myself so I have no tips regarding the DSG service.

The right rear drain for the sunroof is accessed by removing the fuel door and it's rubber insert.

Once the fuel door has been removed, look inside to the left, and you can see the red tube for the sunroof drain. Here's an image of mine for reference.

Last edited:

franky67

TDI
2013 Passat TDI Se
Hi Franky,

I have not performed the DSG service myself so I have no tips regarding the DSG service.

The right rear drain for the sunroof is accessed by removing the fuel door and it's rubber insert. Watch my YouTube video in this link .

Once the fuel door has been removed, look inside to the left, and you can see the red tube for the sunroof drain. Here's an image of mine for reference.

]
This is great I will definitely check it out! Thank you :)

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
...and $1290 is almost 3 times what some dealers charge for DSG fluid/filter change.
Oil/filter change specials, in my experience, were around $60.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Figure 3-500 for DSG, $125 for oil/filter change, $100 for fuel filter change, they'll prob get $100 for both engine and cabin filter change, another $100 for tire rotation and 15000 point inspection, and then sprinkle on an extra $100 for free donuts water bottles and cable TV in the lounge.

Where in VA are you located?

Check out Shopdap.com they are in NC I think and charge something like $250-275 for a DSG change and prob another 200 for everything else.

$60 oil and filter changes was prob back when dealers stocked 55gal drums of 507 oil, i'd be suprised if they do that anymore. Maybe that's the going rate for Avalon oil changes.

franky67

TDI
2013 Passat TDI Se
Figure 3-500 for DSG, $125 for oil/filter change, $100 for fuel filter change, they'll prob get $100 for both engine and cabin filter change, another $100 for tire rotation and 15000 point inspection, and then sprinkle on an extra $100 for free donuts water bottles and cable TV in the lounge.

Where in VA are you located?

Check out Shopdap.com they are in NC I think and charge something like $250-275 for a DSG change and prob another 200 for everything else.

$60 oil and filter changes was prob back when dealers stocked 55gal drums of 507 oil, i'd be suprised if they do that anymore. Maybe that's the going rate for Avalon oil changes.
I'm very close to Richmond area. I will probably ask dealers around VA,DC and Maryland..
I contacted shopdap and they estimated 290$+tax for DSG
But round trip makes 600 miles from here. I am not sure if it's worth it considering need to take that day off.
I called all dealers and euro car shops 60 mile radius around my area cheapest one was 80$ for oil change and they did not confirm that they use Castrol or mobil1 or any known brand. I guess was something cheap..