Paint colors

TDI
not yet
I tried looking around but I haven't found any answers. What was the "rarest" color for the 2015 GSW. I only have found color options. If there is already a thread please let me know. I will keep scrolling in the meantime.

ESmith813

TDI
2015 Manual GSW TDI SEL
When I was shopping for mine (started about a year ago and purchased in February). Take with a grain of salt, because I only shopped for GSW SEL manuals, but I didn't see a ton of either blue (Silk Blue and even less Night Blue). I would think Tungsten Silver has to be up there in rarity too.

15TDICommuter

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW
When I was shopping for mine (started about a year ago and purchased in February). Take with a grain of salt, because I only shopped for GSW SEL manuals, but I didn't see a ton of either blue (Silk Blue and even less Night Blue). I would think Tungsten Silver has to be up there in rarity too.

Interesting. I too only looked at GSW and found all colors but the actual number of GSW that were out there were low. I have a silk blue but have yet to see another GSW TDI, plenty of the unleaded cars but haven't seen any other TDIs.

Datalore

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI- SOLD, 2000 VW Beetle ALH- SOLD, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE DSG
When I was looking a year ago for my GSW, I found that the blues seem to be the rarest colors. I didn't even know the night blue existed for a month while looking daily. I wish there was a total built sheet we had access too.

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
Prior to the emissions scandal. VW replaced a Mk6 JSW TDI I had with a 2015 Mk7 Golf SEL TDI, night blue metallic paint and the lighting package. I was able to choose the color and trim, etc. Took approximately 5 months for the car to be built and arrive.

I see more silk blue then night blue. I would say night blue is one of the rarer colors.