Many Dirt Cheap MK4 (1997–2004) Parts! New, used...

GdB

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf IV swap 2002
MAKE AN OFFER!

I have about a week to get a few parts off the stunt 2002 Golf TDI manual tranny, before the incentive program requires it to get scraped. I just have to be able to drive it to the yard. I also have a complete auto to manual swap "kit", and lots of other parts:

AUX audio adapters for bluetooth

Hidden Hitch

Tan cloth headrests

Spare tire tool kit

02J M/T OEM diff, excellent condition.

02J M/T OEM axle cups, 2 sets

alientech window controller never installed, cost $60 new

(4) mann oil filters, new

1J0819644A cabin air filter, new

SOLD:ARP ford cosworth head stud kit, p/n 251-4701

02m AT automatic transmission filter kit and ATF oil

SOLD: 1J0919506K relay modules (1) new spare, (2) used or dead?

green coolant temperature sensor, NEW

(2) Alum. wheels with Sumitomo 195/65R15 HTR A/S P02
(1) Alum. wheel with BFGood***** 195/65R15 89H Touring T/A tire, 20% worn?
(2) Steelie wheels with Snow tires, ~20% worn?

SOLD: Van Aaken Smart Tuning Box

Van Aaken nozzles and extra Injector set + homemade puller tool adapter to use with auto parts store rental tool

*** 02J 5 speed tranny with Peliquin and 0.658 5th needs a rebuild
It's very low mileage since the Peloquin LSD and 0.658 5th were installed. It had a slow driveshaft seal leak and rough shifting into 2nd gear due to some rebuild issue.
It was rebuilt by German Transaxle of America with preferred 1st 2nd 3rd syncros, which is why it surprised me that the they did not get it 100% perfect. They gave me another free rebuild of the one in the Golf. I was going to use this one and all the swap stuff on my X's Jetta Wagon, before she became my X of course.

(2) turbos, one with no play from a new beetle, one with play

(2) injection pumps, not sure if they are better than just core

MK4 new beetle intake manifold (not sure if interchangeable with Golf)

AC pump, working

Alternator, working

(2) EGR valves, used

Front strut rubber donuts, used (have adjustable kit on car, rides a bit rough but handles good)

Black armrest glued shut, Tan armrest with broken hinge

(2) Tan front seats

Automatic parts Left over from Auto to manual swap:
Starter (Automatic)
TCU
Shifter (Automatic)
Torque converter core

All Parts for auto to 5 speed swap, Clutch, shifter, ...

MT axles NEW, never used
SLAVE CYLINDER

shifter box with cables
(2) leather shifter skirts + 3 knobs
shifter knob with vinyl skirt

Power steering lines
(2) OEM Sachs clutch and flywheels, clutch condition unknown
Eurospec lightweight flywheel

starter
(2 sets) USED A/T axles
Relay 53
pendulum mount parts

Last edited:

WildChild80

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 2000 Jetta TDI 2000 New Beetle TDI ALL 5 speeds
How much for the trans that needs rebuilt?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Pm'd

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6790 using Tapatalk

GdB

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf IV swap 2002
How much for the trans that needs rebuilt?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Make an offer.

It's very low mileage since the Peloquin LSD and 0.658 5th were installed. It had a slow driveshaft seal leak and rough shifting into 2nd gear due to some rebuild issue.

It was rebuilt by German Transaxle of America with preferred 1st 2nd 3rd syncros, which is why it surprised me that the they did not get it 100% perfect. They gave me another free rebuild of the one in the Golf. I was going to use this one and all the swap stuff on my X's Jetta Wagon, before she became my X of course.

https://www.germantransaxle.com/Contact-Us.htm?m=100&s=354

A little side story about the "stunt", be careful driving from LA to Mammoth Lakes, to stay on the highway which turns into a podunk road if you go straight. At night, 10 miles into that mistake I decided to get back on the highway via another road, and make good time on going a bit fast. Unfortunately, the railroad crossing sign was just a blur and I barely had enough time to slow down much before getting launched, flying perhaps 100 feet. Luckily the ski rack with low hanging long skiis acted as a tail skid to stabilize the pitch angle, and I had a smooth landing.

After stopping to check for a oil pan leak, I was able to continue with only my nerves rattled.

So I think this Golf has flown further than any other 2002 TDI Golf.

GdB

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf IV swap 2002
I have a $300 offer for the 5 speed. So it may be sold.

I might have an extra set of axle cups to upgrade to automatic axles. Need to did around more...

black_slug

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf
How much for A/T starter?
Also, pics/part#?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

GdB

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf IV swap 2002
A/T starter

It came out of my 2002 Golf in 2007 at 55K miles, after the auto to manual swap. I boxed all the A/T stuff, so I know for sure this is the A/T starter.
My local auto parts store says new $121 + $40 core. How about $45 + $15 shipping?
A worn sticker with an unreadable P/N needs to be peeled off to read the metalic P/N label.
PM me your cell# so I can text you a pic.

How much for A/T starter?
Also, pics/part#?

GdB

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf IV swap 2002
The buyer for the M/T with Peloquin and 0.658 5th is waiting a month or more for funds. So it's still available for $300 for local pickup or shipped.

GdB

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf IV swap 2002
Ski jump

BTW this happened with the parts on the car now and I have not had any tranny or engine issues since. Just to be clear.

A little side story about the "stunt", be careful driving from LA to Mammoth Lakes, to stay on the highway which turns into a podunk road if you go straight. At night, 10 miles into that mistake I decided to get back on the highway via another road, and make good time on going a bit fast. Unfortunately, the railroad crossing sign was just a blur and I barely had enough time to slow down much before getting launched, flying perhaps 100 feet. Luckily the ski rack with low hanging long skiis acted as a tail skid to stabilize the pitch angle, and I had a smooth landing.
After stopping to check for a oil pan leak, I was able to continue with only my nerves rattled.
So I think this Golf has flown further than any other 2002 TDI Golf.

black_slug

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf
It came out of my 2002 Golf in 2007 at 55K miles, after the auto to manual swap. I boxed all the A/T stuff, so I know for sure this is the A/T starter.

My local auto parts store says new $121 + $40 core. How about $45 + $15 shipping?

A worn sticker with an unreadable P/N needs to be peeled off to read the metalic P/N label.

PM me your cell# so I can text you a pic.
Hey thanks man. I don't think it will fit my car (2004 golf). Different transmission. Gl!

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Hey thanks man. I don't think it will fit my car (2004 golf). Different transmission. Gl!

I have access to some pretty good prices on new starters, or can get you parts to rebuild yourself.

black_slug

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf
I have access to some pretty good prices on new starters, or can get you parts to rebuild yourself.

Thanks. I sourced a new Bosch locally for 200. Lmk what ya got! I may not end up replacing it. Problem started after I removed the tandem pump to rebuild it so I'm hearing I need to prime the pump, remove air from system or both. Trying to figure that put first.