VW Rejecting Non-Clean Titles?

Master

TDI
Passat TDI
Looks like buybackclaims.com are making progress. I was contacted today, and proceeding to sign the contract with a law firm who has gathered hundreds of participants.
By the way, the website has an update that the registration will soon be closed. I like the idea (if we win I’ll pay percentage, and if we lose I pay nothing). Sounds like a deal to me. ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
Looks like buybackclaims.com are making progress. I was contacted today, and proceeding to sign the contract with a law firm who has gathered hundreds of participants.
By the way, the website has an update that the registration will soon be closed. I like the idea (if we win I’ll pay percentage, and if we lose I pay nothing). Sounds like a deal to me. ???

I have claims waiting for CRC review bullcrap. Do you know what will happen if I submit my info to that website, but CRC rules in my favor next week?

Master

TDI
Passat TDI
I have claims waiting for CRC review bullcrap. Do you know what will happen if I submit my info to that website, but CRC rules in my favor next week?

All I can say, that it won’t hurt you registering on buybackclaims.com VW ignorance doesn’t make you not qualify for legal help. But if you rely on VW until they deny you officially, you will miss the legal train that look more promising to me.

Good luck [emoji106]

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
Do you have claims for buyback or specifically for owner restitution?
Mine are for buyback. I had 1 salvage car go through and I did not get restitution - don't even care about it to be honest. I just want my other 3 cars to be eligible, 2 of them are not even salavage! They got denied for not being registered in 2016-2017

Master

TDI
Passat TDI
I think it’s too early to fight for restitution, the deadline has been pushed further, and I think buybackclaims are focusing on buyback 2.0 at the moment. But if CRC Appeals in your favor you are not obligated to pay the law firm, unless they can prove their involvement.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
I think it’s too early to fight for restitution, the deadline has been pushed further, and I think buybackclaims are focusing on buyback 2.0 at the moment. But if CRC Appeals in your favor you are not obligated to pay the law firm, unless they can prove their involvement.

Been out of the loop since my last buyback, what is the new "deadline"?

Master

TDI
Passat TDI
Been out of the loop since my last buyback, what is the new "deadline"?

It seems that we are pass the deadline, but VW knows how to push things back a bit. I have a feeling that there will be another suit for restitutions. I feel like Folks with rebuilt/salvage title vehicles are like monkeys [emoji204] at VW Lab. They like to test certain things on us.

GolfTDISA

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat tdi
I think we should all start emailing Bosch or calling them with your individual claim numbers to see what the hold up is , the cars were returned and they were done. We never received any checks . Bosch phone numbers are
Claims Administrator
Bosch Settlement
Claims Administrator
P.O. Box 5110
Portland, OR 97208-5110
1-844-305-1928
info@BoschVWSettlement.com

GolfTDISA

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat tdi
I would not hurt as well for all of that did not get any restitution payment to send some emails to the council ,and Ankura independent reporting agency ,in order to get any information since VW customers service doesn't know anything or don't have any information on the deadlines at all.

LEAD ATTORNEY Class Counsel
ecabraser@lchb.com
pgnguyen@lchb.com
apoole@lchb.com
t 415.956.1000 ext. 2236

COURT APPOINTED CLAIMS SUPERVISOR
terrence.brody@ankura.com
john.hays@ankura.com
1.202.481.1337 Direct

DIVISIONINCISION

TDI
2011 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI SE
It seems that we are pass the deadline, but VW knows how to push things back a bit. I have a feeling that there will be another suit for restitutions. I feel like Folks with rebuilt/salvage title vehicles are like monkeys [emoji204] at VW Lab. They like to test certain things on us.

The end of the Settlement program is February 28 for buyback and restitution.

That's it.

If you want to litigate you'd better contact the law firm handling these cases.

lchb.com

:confused:

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
The end of the Settlement program is February 28 for buyback and restitution.
That's it.
If you want to litigate you'd better contact the law firm handling these cases.
lchb.com
:confused:
No it is not. 3.0 Liter cars are still going until end of September.

GolfTDISA

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat tdi
I agree with TDIfordays I did talked to VW settlement rep by the name Tyron, he said they do have time until September so they will drag this Restitution thing out , just about until September 2019.

nathanacura

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
I am still curious if anyone verified the ineligibility effect of the Feb 26 2018 cutoff date with a 3L vehicle. I mean, if you buy a car today that was crashed 3 months ago and sold at auction with salvage title and have it inspected and registered as rebuilt tomorrow. That car is not eligible FOR SURE? Even though it was totally eligible 5 months ago before it got crashed?
Just curious if anyone had anything definitive on that with the 3.0L cars.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
With things being as they are I would seriously doubt anyone would gamble money on that. VW has been fickle and you would have to be foolish to try this now. If you were an original owner and it happened, maybe. I would assume most were bought back though already and the risk of this happening is very, very low.

DIVISIONINCISION

TDI
2011 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI SE
With things being as they are I would seriously doubt anyone would gamble money on that. VW has been fickle and you would have to be foolish to try this now. If you were an original owner and it happened, maybe. I would assume most were bought back though already and the risk of this happening is very, very low.
For some VW seemed fickle.

For others, they promised the moon.

I'm thinking it really depends on the rep you dealt with and their mood...

:rolleyes:

GolfTDISA

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat tdi
From the Courts web site clearly listed for everyone to read .

https://cand.uscourts.gov/crb/vwmdl/final-settlement-2-Liter

Benefits to Owners / Lessees
Buyback
If a Class Member who owns a car chooses a Buyback, the price Volkswagen will pay for that car is the September 2015 National Automobile Dealers Association (“NADA”) Clean Trade In value of the car adjusted for options and mileage (“Vehicle Value”). This figure is the value of the car in September 2015, before the emissions accusations became public. Owners receive their Vehicle Value, plus an additional cash payment (“Owner Restitution”). The Owner Restitution payment is calculated at 20% of the Vehicle Value plus $2,986.73. The minimum Owner Restitution payment for any Class Member—to be paid on top of the Vehicle Value—will be $5,100. Some Class Members may receive as much as approximately $10,000 in Owner Restitution.

Because a car may have more than one owner during the relevant period, for those cars that changed hands after September 18, 2015 and during the claims period, the settlement equitably divides the Owner Restitution payment approximately 50/50 between the owner as of September 18, 2015 who later sold the car (“Eligible Seller”) and the current owner (“Eligible Owner”). To qualify for an Eligible Seller restitution payment, you will have at least 45 days from the entry of the Preliminary Approval Order to identify yourself. If preliminary approval is granted by the Court on July 26, 2016 (the date of the preliminary approval hearing), you will have until September 16, 2016 to identify yourself. Note that if you sell your car after June 28, 2016, you will not be an Eligible Seller (or an Eligible Owner).

jeffcapp99

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi Q7 TDI & VW Passat TDI
Any get any or hear anything on restitution for rebuilt buybacks? VW continues to be difficult with payments / information etc. What I did not anticipate was plaintiff counsel being in their pocket. Hard to believe the courts all them to push this so far out.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
Any get any or hear anything on restitution for rebuilt buybacks? VW continues to be difficult with payments / information etc. What I did not anticipate was plaintiff counsel being in their pocket. Hard to believe the courts all them to push this so far out.

Nothing new here, turned in a rebuilt title Touareg in September. No restitution and no Bosch money yet. Hoping for a surprise in the mail... some day. :)

nathanacura

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
Nothing new here, turned in a rebuilt title Touareg in September. No restitution and no Bosch money yet. Hoping for a surprise in the mail... some day. :)
Same here. Bothered bosch and gave them all the info they requested and they still said they didn't know anything. Crc didnt reply to multiple requests.

GolfTDISA

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat tdi
You guys should also report this to the Independent Report people , that have no clue this happened, I contacted Terrance and we should all write to them and report so that they know there is problem .
Re-posting the info
Please people write emails to Ankura Consulting Group, LLC independent reporters ,
lets put the last effort push for them to report that VW did not pay on the restitution part on the Rebuilt restored cars , just shoot them small email, at this point we got nothing to loose.
Thanks here are the email addresses

Gary Wingo and to Terrance Brody

gary.wingo@ankura.com <gary.wingo@ankura.com>; terrence.brody@ankura.com <terrence.brody@ankura.com>;

GolfTDISA

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat tdi
Maybe we should all email again and again to our representative council Callabrese office as well ,it seem like they only do something when they got lots of notice or pressure .

GolfTDISA

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat tdi
We can send it to this email

Thank you for contacting Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP. This is an automatic reply generated for all e-mail messages received through our web site. Your inquiry has been forwarded to a member of our staff for review, and we will contact you as soon as possible after reviewing your inquiry.

Please be aware that the transmission of an e-mail inquiry itself, even with our auto-response, does not contractually obligate Lieff Cabraser LLP to represent you as your attorney. Lieff Cabraser cannot serve as your counsel in any matter unless you and our firm expressly agree, in writing, that we will serve as your attorney. Please be aware that the Statute of Limitations (the deadline imposed by law within which you may bring a lawsuit) may severely limit the time remaining for you to file any potential claims you may have.

We invite you to connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.

Thank you again for your inquiry.

www.lieffcabraser.com
mail@lchb.com

Last edited:

GolfTDISA

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat tdi
This is the newest info, after taking to the council in San Francisco office today, they have said on most of the restitution only claims previous owners got payed out and we will get nothing according to them. In my opinion pure BS and we need all to complain about that.
Only some of the claims remain to get payed out on the restitution part , in this case if previous owners did not claim anything before. Realistically they will actually start on those claims after they are completely done with appealed claims. According to them as well, the time line is going to start after month of May to until September of 2019,they will be checking every single one, in order to see who the first and who the last owner was. Unfortunately for us, there are lot of claims open falsely. ( To explain Falsely in this case meaning; people opened the claims in order to check the payout on the car without purchasing the actual car and pretending they are the last owners.) so they do have to check all the information's before they can close it out for good.
In my opinion it does not make any sense because they can easily identify whom was the first owner and who the last , I also believe we as the last owners should be entitled as well to half of the restitution payment, but actual contract most likely will be changed thru their quarterly report and we will be stripped from that benefit.

jibberjive

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 GSW
It seems like there are a couple of different parties that are pursuing lawsuits regarding branded-title claims with outside lawyers. Who are these groups, and is anyone willing to share any contact info with me to get in touch with them? You can shoot me a PM, if you'd rather not post publicly. Thanks!

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
It seems like there are a couple of different parties that are pursuing lawsuits regarding branded-title claims with outside lawyers. Who are these groups, and is anyone willing to share any contact info with me to get in touch with them? You can shoot me a PM, if you'd rather not post publicly. Thanks!
I joined one of those. There was a hearing recently and apparently judge said to get the hell out and he already said we aren't getting anything more.

I have just 1 car so I began the process of getting it emissions complaint for extended warranty purposes and will just drive it until it falls apart.

Takuhari

TDI
Manual 2010 Golf TDi Manual 2015 Golf TDi
buybackclaims.com is suspended as of now?

I noticed that buybackclaims.com is set in a suspended state. I have tested the email addresses and they also came up false. I saw that they posted an update just beforehand and still seems like they were still taking VINs. Do you think VW's lawyers shut them down? I noticed that the site went down about 3 days ago.

If anyone has any update on this, please post.