Free online access to your build sheet

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
I found a site where you can enter your VIN and see your build sheet. If you want to download it you have to pay otherwise you can access it free and read it online as a guest but I believe you are limited to only a few viewings.
I wanted to see if I had the auxiliary cabin heat, and I don't. I did however discover I have a drawer under the driver's seat and a 115 volt inverter in the cargo area which I hadn't noticed. I also have a :"Refrigerator: glove compartment cooling system" which I don't fully understand but I do recall seeing a dial in there with a snowflake on it, is this where I keep my lunch? I also have a "Hot Country" cooling system which is great since I live in the desert.

Anyway here is the link: https://carinfo.kiev.ua/cars/vin/volkswagen

Last edited:

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
I wanted to see if I had the auxiliary cabin heat, and I don't.
Great find, thanks!

9M0 - Auxiliary Heater: Without auxiliary/parking heater

7E6 - Heat accumulator system/auxiliary heater: Electric auxiliary air heater

My SE has 7E6 which I assume is cabin heater, but not 9M0.

Jedadiah

Veteran Member
TDI
Former: '15 Passat TDI SE 6M, '15 Golf S 6M and '10 JSW
Pretty neat. Why would they limit viewings (or why would you pay for a pdf) when you can just copy and paste the whole thing to a word doc? Not saying I did that......

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
Pretty neat. Why would they limit viewings (or why would you pay for a pdf) when you can just copy and paste the whole thing to a word doc? Not saying I did that......
They are hoping people will understand the costs of running a web site and will join or contribute. They probably get some revenue from the pop up ads but most people run pop up blockers now days.

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
Great find, thanks!
7E6 - Heat accumulator system/auxiliary heater: Electric auxiliary air heater
My SE has 7E6 which I assume is cabin heater, but not 9M0.
Yeah I was checking for 7E6 and incorrectly referred to it as an auxiliary heater but it said no to that and also no to 9M0 which must be a fuel powered heater like Jedadiah said.

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yeah I was checking for 7E6 and incorrectly referred to it as an auxiliary heater but it said no to that and also no to 9M0 which must be a fuel powered heater like Jedadiah said.
Interestingly, my build sheet says I have 7E6, but my equipment sticker in the cargo area doesn't list it. I'm going to cross check all codes now.

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Really handy. Thanks. I'm also going to check my wife's A*di VIN to see what surprises there are on her car as well. Happy non-orthodox new year to all.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
I found a site where you can enter your VIN and see your build sheet. If you want to download it you have to pay otherwise you can access it free and read it online as a guest but I believe you are limited to only a few viewings.
I wanted to see if I had the auxiliary cabin heat, and I don't. I did however discover I have a drawer under the driver's seat and a 115 volt inverter in the cargo area which I hadn't noticed. I also have a :"Refrigerator: glove compartment cooling system" which I don't fully understand but I do recall seeing a dial in there with a snowflake on it, is this where I keep my lunch? I also have a "Hot Country" cooling system which is great since I live in the desert.

Anyway here is the link: https://carinfo.kiev.ua/cars/vin/volkswagen

Just a few things: Yes, we all have climate-controlled glove boxes standard. All S trim cars have the underseat drawer, since we don't have the additional electronics for more adjustable seats under our slightly less adjustable seats. The Hot Country HVAC setting is a software setting from the factory that can be switched on or off with VCDS. Both my Mk7s came without the setting enabled and I switched it on with VCDS. It does cool the car faster in truly hot temperatures.

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
The Hot Country HVAC setting is a software setting from the factory that can be switched on or off with VCDS.
Yes, but 8Z6 is "Engine Cooling System: Hot Country".

Now, could this be something like a VCDS-selectable coolant temperature activation threshold for the sliding shroud on the variable flow water pump or something along those lines rather than a different part(s) (radiator, thermostat, water pump)? Who knows.

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
Just a few things: Yes, we all have climate-controlled glove boxes standard. All S trim cars have the underseat drawer, since we don't have the additional electronics for more adjustable seats under our slightly less adjustable seats. The Hot Country HVAC setting is a software setting from the factory that can be switched on or off with VCDS. Both my Mk7s came without the setting enabled and I switched it on with VCDS. It does cool the car faster in truly hot temperatures.
Very interesting, I will look up mine again and see if it includes the AC and the cooling system. Really need both here.

C C

TDI
GSW

Perhaps a ROW option such as an electric block heater.

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S

OK so I have the 8Z6 Engine Cooling System: Hot Country but what is the code for the HVAC setting? I found OY4 Climatic Zones: Cold and Tropical Climatic Zones, is that it?

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
"For your IP address used 1 out of 3 available queries VIN / 25 queries of permanent links"
Looks like they log IP addresses - and you get 3 lookups from any one IP address.
(Hello, VPN! :D)

C C

TDI
GSW
hmmmm...... I wonder if that works on the manual AC cars
Not necessary with old fashion knobs, you control the climate functions manually.

Automatic temperature controller is mixing heat and AC to obtain/maintain your set temperature. The "hot climate" function eliminates any heat being add to the cold air stream when the temperature sensor indicators are beyond some predefined range.

LVPAJetta

Veteran Member
TDI
GSW, 2015, Silver, 6-spd
Build Sheet sticker

I was wiring up my trailer wiring, and I pulled up the rear, lower, center cover (with slot for tailgate catch) and I believe I have a build sheet sticker there...
Has anyone else found the same thing? Does anyone have a "translator" for all the options?

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I was wiring up my trailer wiring, and I pulled up the rear, lower, center cover (with slot for tailgate catch) and I believe I have a build sheet sticker there...
Has anyone else found the same thing? Does anyone have a "translator" for all the options?
You will find that not all build sheet equipment shows up on the option code sticker and vice versa.

Option Code sticker codes.