TDI
02 golf ALH
doesn't need to be beaded as it is atmospheric

just visit the local homodepot PVC isle, make your own for about $25

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I have one of the IDparts versions I will sell you for cheap if you want to try that. I have no use for it. I think I still have all the pieces. I can check tonight.

duwem

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS TDI 5 Speed
Oil ok cool.

Chris which one was it. I have heard of that on previous ones not sure if the latest are fixed now?

vtpsd

Veteran Member
TDI
03 jsw TDI, audi 90 AHU swap
what does one expect to gain from these things? I cant see there being any performance or much sound improvement on a stockish turbo TDI.

Why waste $200 on such a thing?

flee

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS wagon
what does one expect to gain from these things? I cant see there being any performance or much sound improvement on a stockish turbo TDI.
Why waste $200 on such a thing?
A good question, certainly no performance is gained before you reach 160-180 hp and up.
The stock intake pipe was in the way of some mods I was doing so I used a pair of
silicon elbows and some 2 1/2" tubing to do the same thing but I don't think it made
much difference performance-wise.

Votblindub

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Jetta Wagon
Kerma has 2 afaik. One with the CCV bung and one without. I got the one without. I also tried to use one(not sure on the manufacturer, but it was an earlier model) in my stock turbo white car. Zero difference there. My wagon has the polished one from Kerma that has no CCV bung, as that car will run a catch can. The black car also has an upgraded engine with a larger turbo. Looks don't matter(for functionality) IMO. The bead rolled end is not a must, since it's not a pressurized pipe. You can get a nicer clamp if you're concerned about a coupler slipping, but i had 0 issues with mine. Whatever they add, they are likely within less than 5% of each other, so the you can call the gains basically even. Pretty much all of us here don't have enough into their car to nitpick over a possible 1hp difference. Get one that suits your goals and is within your budget.

duwem

Veteran Member
TDI
Oilhammer pm me if you came up with something please.

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
Every omi with ccv bung hole ive seen winds up leaking, both ccv out and dirty unmetered air in.

duwem

Veteran Member
TDI
Every omi with ccv bung hole ive seen winds up leaking, both ccv out and dirty unmetered air in.
Kerma actually has a fitting with bead for that. ID parts doesn't look so promising

oilhammer

TDI
I have it. It is the one with the elbow for the stock turbo. I will post a pic tomorrow when I am at the shop with real internet.

duwem

Veteran Member
TDI
Hope so! Wil report back once have it installed.

jackbombay

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A4 Jetta
It was Oldman, hence the term OMI. My supporting bracket also broke off on the OMI
But Oldman didn't make them, they were made by dzljet's brother, blubyu I think. (This concludes useless TDIclub history).

The weld does break on the support arm too, well, the weld doesn't fail, but the arm does right next to the weld.

oilhammer

TDI
Found a box, packing it up tonight, hopefully wife can get it shipped out for you tomorrow.

kiwibru

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2-door, 2k Silver. Red RTDI now gone but not forgotten!
Guess I am lucky and got a good one...knock on metal, original, ugly OMI, still no broken welds. I did use rubber shims on both sides of the mounting and that must take a lot of vibes!

duwem

Veteran Member
TDI
Got it installed but the ccv setup is lame. I will be reworking it or taking it off

Andyinchville1

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, 5 sp, 226K miles
I have one of the IDparts versions I will sell you for cheap if you want to try that. I have no use for it. I think I still have all the pieces. I can check tonight.
Hi

I know its an engine old post but by chance do you still have the omi available?

Thanks.
Andrew