TDI Phase 2

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
My trunk won't latch on my loaner!

Only 324 miles on it!

They wanted me to grab a wrench and pull stuff apart to verify functionality.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Funguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen dsg and 2015 Passat 6 M/T
About my 2015 Passat's Phase II
They really screwed this up for me:
1- Took them 9 Days
2- Didn't wash the car
3- Left the keyhole cover off
4- Completely drained my battery
5- Left the "velvet" battery cover open
6- Failed to fasten the rear bolts on the skid cover which i discovered as it flapped like crazy at 68 mph on my way home
7- 12 inch jagged scratch on the trunk that looks like a power tool error. Pretty sure this happened at their shop
8 And now this, Went to fill-up today and found my rear windows will no longer go full up or full down with one touch

Has anyone else experienced this after the phase II? Could it be related to the battery drain? Or am I nuts and the rear windows never went full up/down? I rarely use them since I have no kids but the full up down is a feature I really like.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
About my 2015 Passat's Phase II
They really screwed this up for me:
1- Took them 9 Days
2- Didn't wash the car
3- Left the keyhole cover off
4- Completely drained my battery
5- Left the "velvet" battery cover open
6- Failed to fasten the rear bolts on the skid cover which i discovered as it flapped like crazy at 68 mph on my way home
7- 12 inch jagged scratch on the trunk that looks like a power tool error. Pretty sure this happened at their shop
8 And now this, Went to fill-up today and found my rear windows will no longer go full up or full down with one touch

Has anyone else experienced this after the phase II? Could it be related to the battery drain? Or am I nuts and the rear windows never went full up/down? I rarely use them since I have no kids but the full up down is a feature I really like.
:eek::eek::eek:

The window thing is related to the battery being dead/disconnected. Hold the button to roll all the way down, then all the way up twice and then one touch should work again.

The mess of things they left undone, HOLY SH*TS! that's terrible and related to a real half a$$ job done at the dealership. I'd email that list of things to the dealership GM.... that's ridiculous.

Funguy

Veteran Member
TDI
:eek::eek::eek:
The window thing is related to the battery being dead/disconnected. Hold the button to roll all the way down, then all the way up twice and then one touch should work again.
Thanks neighbor, that did the trick. You are right I should raise hell but I am just going to let it go. I don't like to raise a stink except maybe after rice and beans. :D

But cripes sake I have to wonder what they messed up that I can't see.

On a side note; I haven't driven much yet but my mpg appears to be up. This according to the computer.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks neighbor, that did the trick. You are right I should raise hell but I am just going to let it go. I don't like to raise a stink except maybe after rice and beans. :D
But cripes sake I have to wonder what they messed up that I can't see.
On a side note; I haven't driven much yet but my mpg appears to be up. This according to the computer.
You don't have to raise a stink, per say, but man, they need to that cars are leaving in that bad of shape. There is no excuse for that AND beyond the fact that they should be aware of their tech's and service doing shoddy work, should something weird turn up with your car, you're going to want them to know how it was returned.

The things you can't see, yeah, that would worry me for sure.

Funguy

Veteran Member
TDI
you're going to want them to know how it was returned.
The things you can't see, yeah, that would worry me for sure.
Thanks again. You are right. The service rep swears that the mechanic involved is normally one of the best. I am keeping notes on everything and am going to hope for the best. I am going to wuss on this unless things get worse.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
My mirage g4 was swapped for a tig.

It's got a Verizon networkleet in the odb2. I wanted to hook up Ross tech and poke around

Good or bad idea?

Ooga

TDI
Mk7 SportWagen
Dealership called me today asking if I could swap cars. They said they ordered phase 2a but need phase 2b so they want the loaner back while they wait for the parts. The guy on the phone claimed the only way to tell was to actually look at the vehicle and thats why they didn't order the correct parts. I told him I was pretty sure it was based off of miles on the vehicle and when setting the appointment up they even asked about the mileage. He seemed to get a little flustered.

Ooga

TDI
Mk7 SportWagen
Dealer said parts should be in tomorrow. The 2016 Jetta TSI they have me in feels super punchy and the exhaust has a good sound to it also. I wasn't expecting it at all.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
and it gets around 40 mpg on the highway too! it just double down shifts for the same feeling at 1800 rpm of the TDI.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
They go sit in your car and put hand prints/smudges on the head liner, forcing you to wonder what in the heck they were doing inside your car for the phase 2 fix.

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
They go sit in your car and put hand prints/smudges on the head liner, forcing you to wonder what in the heck they were doing inside your car for the phase 2 fix.
Throwing up their hands in frustration?

Funguy

Veteran Member
TDI
Amazes me how they could change the oil in my spotless engine compartment and leave spilled oil on the engine cover.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Phase 2 done.

Rolled 300 miles on it.

Feels the same, same plan.

After 70k follow up and new stuff installed, delete, tune, then sell components to those who want to keep stock/OEM.

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
After my phase 2 i think the thottle control is back to time controlled instead of direct input. Cars slow as f@ck again.
Other than that its still putin out good mpgs.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
check the coding and report back if you could.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
I still have plans to hook up cable and check my codings I had set.

Midash2k

TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I got mine done and have been driving it for about a week. The car is a lot quicker. stage 1 was super slow and took forever to accelerate.... not sure wy others are saying the opposite.. but I am happy with the stage 2.... also getting 48mpg on the highway

Midash2k

TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
OH also I bought the car after stage 1 came out. so I am not eligable for any monies.... to speak to not having a claim number... the dealer just has to call dealer support and get an approval code from VW. it's really simple. just tell the service advisor to call VW if you don't have a claim number.... and again stage 2 is sweeeeeeet!!!

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
I got mine done and have been driving it for about a week. The car is a lot quicker. phase 1 was super slow and took forever to accelerate.... not sure wy others are saying the opposite.. but I am happy with the phase 2.... also getting 48mpg on the highway
OH also I bought the car after phase 1 came out. so I am not eligable for any monies.... to speak to not having a claim number... the dealer just has to call dealer support and get an approval code from VW. it's really simple. just tell the service advisor to call VW if you don't have a claim number.... and again phase 2 is sweeeeeeet!!!
Fixed that for ya ;)

cristoaca

TDI
2015 VW Golf TDI S
Why is that the stop-sale vehicles purchased with Phase 1 completed will not have the DPF, DOC and SCR replaced until at least 70k miles, but the driven (non stop-sale) vehicles will?

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
Why is that the stop-sale vehicles purchased with Phase 1 completed will not have the DPF, DOC and SCR replaced until at least 70k miles, but the driven (non stop-sale) vehicles will?
I believe the 70k is for the manual transmission cars and 40k is for the DSG cars AND I don't know that they differentiate how the cars hit the market in the application of the hardware with the services.

This is straight from the Approved-Emissions-Modification-Notice-Volkswagen-Generation-3-TDI-Vehicles-Phase-2 PDF found here >>>> https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/en/2-0-models/

------------------------

Phase 2 of the emissions modification will involve outfitting your car with new emission control parts to ensure system reliability and durability over time. We will install a second nitrogen oxides (NOx) sensor and corresponding software to improve the performance of the on-board diagnostic (OBD) system. In addition, the Phase 2 update will include installation of a new Diesel Particulate Filter, Diesel Oxidation Catalyst, and Selective Catalytic Reduction Converter. These components are needed to maintain emissions performance for the full useful life (150,000 miles) of your vehicle. If your vehicle has accumulated less than 40,000 miles (for automatic transmissions) or 70,000 miles (for manual transmissions) at the time of your Phase 2 update, your car may need to have the Diesel Oxidation Catalyst replaced a second time before it reaches 150,000 miles.

If you purchased a vehicle with the Phase 1 emissions modification already applied and your vehicle has accumulated fewer than 40,000 miles (for automatic transmissions) or 70,000 miles (for manual transmissions) at the time of your Phase 2 update, we will not replace the Diesel Particulate Filter, Diesel Oxidation Catalyst, and Selective Catalytic Reduction Converter in your vehicle at that time and we request that you return at a future date for its replacement once your vehicle has accumulated at least 70,000 miles. At the time of this service, you will receive a complimentary maintenance service with a free tank of fuel and have the aforementioned hardware installed at that time.

----------------------

I'm not sure if anyone is getting a free tank of fuel and I thought it said something, at some time, about a free oil change that has been pretty hit or miss.

Last edited:

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
Just had phase 2 done. No oil change. I even asked. Mostly cause i wanted to make sure they werent going to do it. And for what its worth i went in at 39,xxx miles and the service advisor said all my emmissions work was complete and id never have to come back for more....

Funguy

Veteran Member
TDI
I was told to expect a coupon from VW for a free oil change. This after the service adviser called VOA. I still haven't received the coupon yet

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
My car came back with less fuel and was offered nothing.