What did you do to your MK7 today?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Connector for what? Does it lock when you lock the car? I rarely lock my cars so I've not noticed this. Shows what I know about the cars I own. :).

Connector for the lock actuator should be someplace inside rear wheel well. Yes it does lock when you lock the car, I believe if you have the auto lock function at 10MPH its locking multiple times a day without you really needing it.

Of all the deconting VW has done recently, I'd rather have them save the coin on the wiring and actuator and maybe give me my locking glove box back.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Oh yes. Auto lock disabled. If vw made better lock modules it would of been kept enabled.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Is there a procedure somewhere for disabling autolock with VCDS? If it's the same as older cars it should be easy. I haven't looked for it.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Older was vcds. This 15 is cable or touchscreen.

I went as far to disable auto lock, then removed the option from the touch menu with vcds so GF would stop turning that garbage back on.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Older was vcds. This 15 is cable or touchscreen.

I went as far to disable auto lock, then removed the option from the touch menu with vcds so GF would stop turning that garbage back on.

This post is awesome. :D

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
so what you guys are telling me is that possibly if my car was locked, that was why I couldnt get into my DEF/fuel port... but I dont recall locking my car after returning from the truck stop wiht my fresh 2.5 gallon jug of DEF..

grr..

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
If you car was locked and you don't remember locking it, you may have bumped the handle by accident. But if you're fuel door was locked (rest of the car wasn't) then year failed actuator.

Common failure item on recent generations (mk5, mk6 NMS), typically happens after 3-5 years just outside bumper to bumper warranty.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Took it to the dealer for my FREE 1st oil change. Done in a little over an hour but, when I got in and started it up there was a MIL. Tech had forgotten to reconnect something and they still couldn't clear it even after plugging it back in. They wound up having to dump and reload the ECU. Two hours later, I'm home... I asked about Phase 2 of the fix and they have done a few and are saying that it is taking a week!

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Took it to the dealer for my FREE 1st oil change. Done in a little over an hour but, when I got in and started it up there was a MIL. Tech had forgotten to reconnect something and they still couldn't clear it even after plugging it back in. They wound up having to dump and reload the ECU. Two hours later, I'm home... I asked about Phase 2 of the fix and they have done a few and are saying that it is taking a week!
Probably the connector right under the bottom-mount filter. I don’t know what sensor it’s for, maybe coolant, but it has to be disconnected to clear a path for the filter to drop.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Intercooler water pump I think.

I forgot to plug my in after I started it. No light though.

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
I asked about Phase 2 of the fix and they have done a few and are saying that it is taking a week!
I didn't decide to do phase 2 until tuesday, car went in wednesday, and I am picking it up today. Where is this week coming from??

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
I didn't decide to do phase 2 until tuesday, car went in wednesday, and I am picking it up today. Where is this week coming from??
Not sure. Said that they had only done a few, so maybe they're still on the learning curve. He also mentioned that they were expecting some special tools.

bluebus

TDI
15 Golf TDI SE
Phase 2

Picked her up from Phase 2 fix yesterday. They did have it for a week, but warned it would be that long because they had 14 others to do. Also had them go ahead and replace the battery since it seemed to struggle starting in the morning. Starts up like new again.

Only drove to work and back, but so far it feels pretty good. Maybe is louder? That may just be because of driving a gasoline jetta all week.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Not sure. Said that they had only done a few, so maybe they're still on the learning curve. He also mentioned that they were expecting some special tools.
If you are just now getting your first oil change (under 10k miles) they should only have to do the sensor and pipe and programming. My dealer did this in one day. It is the easiest of all to do. If it takes them a week someone doesn't know what they are doing or talking about.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
If you are just now getting your first oil change (under 10k miles) they should only have to do the sensor and pipe and programming. My dealer did this in one day. It is the easiest of all to do. If it takes them a week someone doesn't know what they are doing or talking about.
Ours is a buy-back CPO that I got last August with 22K miles on the clock. This was the 30K mile service...

goes2fast

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GolfS, GTI 18s, H&R springs, Stage 2
If you bothered to read his post, they did phase 2 which is more involved.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Ours is a buy-back CPO that I got last August with 22K miles on the clock. This was the 30K mile service...
30k should only require the sensor and tube and programming as the "A" part of phase 2. Unless you just volunteered to have the whole phase 2 done early and get it over with.

CruisingWagon

TDI
2015 Golf SportWagen TDI S
It's not what I DID to my TDI today it's that I finally decided to keep it. Not sure why I've been on the fence for so long but I'm glad I made my choice.

Every car I've considered as a replacement has just disappointed me so far. Eh, maybe not disappointed me, some of them are amazing cars, they're just not the lil' guy I get to drive everyday.

Anyway, I uploaded my documents tonight to start the process for the fix. Just like thousands before me that are no different. But hey....I feel good.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Its used for a westfaila/bosal style tow bar, Tesla use the same style tow bar but offer a 2" reese style hitch adapter instead of the swan neck and fixed ball, you know when you know want to tow your gas guzzling boat with your EV (most likely bike rack).

The euro tow bars can be had via pfjones, or IDparts if they get that last shipment of bosal units from across the pond.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
30k should only require the sensor and tube and programming as the "A" part of phase 2. Unless you just volunteered to have the whole phase 2 done early and get it over with.
I haven't done anything yet, just inquired about the fix. I'll educate myself on the options before pulling the trigger.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Interesting. It looks like your GSW has fogs, but the pre-refresh GTI front doesn't? I might not be seeing it correctly in the picture.

Anyway, great choice on the GTI front. Of all the models of Mk7 Golf (including the R), I think the pre-refresh GTI is the slickest of the bunch.

I may be a bit partial though! :D

For comparison, here is the mid-model refresh front (2018). Less rounded, more angular. Looks like a cow catcher to me:

Last edited: