Chevy Cruze Diesel 2017

thebigarniedog

Master of the Obvious
TDI
1998 Jetta tdi
It seems that Chevy is planning a diesel Cruze with a six speed manual for 2017. It seems that the engine size will be around 1.6 which is the sweet spot for size. Maybe there is is hope for this forum. The Cruze is a nice car (I have a 1.4 turbo eco six speed manual). I will link the story when I get to a computer. Maybe this won't become Pennocks forum after all.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
It's still a Chevy, a steaming pile of a car and certainly not a TDI. I didn't know this forum needed saving............

goahead

TDI
Golf
I wonder what performance package would be useful with this new Cruze. I believe some even tried installing a fass fuel system recently and gained about 2-3hp on the wheel.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Sounds like the least cost effective performance mod ever. Especially since 2-3 hp is well within the margin of error for a chassis dyno. A bigger turbo and tune would make much more sense.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
I wonder what performance package would be useful with this new Cruze. I believe some even tried installing a fass fuel system recently and gained about 2-3hp on the wheel.
What was their test vehicle? A Diesel locomotive maybe? Were does this phantom air contamination come from anyway?

"So,we have this after after market fuel system and once we can dream up a problem that it will fix we will be rolling in the dough. We just have to find the stupid in people and exploit it".