w0000t!!! Got bunch of $1500 checks and one $750

Last edited:

craigldavis

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW M/T; 2014 Q7
Got a $350 check from Bosch today.

2009 Jetta Sportwagen 2.0 TDI (Gen I)
VW remediation fix was done approx 1 month ago.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
My second mailing address just got hole bunch of $175 and $350 checks for 2.0s

jking11

TDI
14-Touareg & 14-Q5
I just received two $750 checks. One for my 14 3.0 Touareg and another for my 14 Q5. I called Bosch. They said they had received lot's of calls about this today, but had no answer. They promised a call-back within 48 hours. Both of our vehicles were purchased new, from different dealers in 2014. I expected $1,500 for each vehicle.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
I just received two $750 checks. One for my 14 3.0 Touareg and another for my 14 Q5. I called Bosch. They said they had received lot's of calls about this today, but had no answer. They promised a call-back within 48 hours. Both of our vehicles were purchased new, from different dealers in 2014. I expected $1,500 for each vehicle.
No, you will get the other half when the repair is completed or the buyback occurs.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
Info

Clarification, for those that care to read:

If you are a Gen I owner that turned in a car that DIDNT have a former owner you should get a check for $1500 from Bosch, (1/1).

If you are a Gen I owner that turned in a car that DID have a former owner you should get a check for $750 from Bosch, (1/1).
Once you receive your Bosch check you are compensated in full!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________
If you are are a Gen II owner that registered a car for restitution that DIDNT have a former owner you should get a check for $750 from Bosch, (1/2).

If you are a Gen II owner that registered a car for restitution that DID have a former owner you should get a check for $375 from Bosch, (1/2)
Once you have your car fixed you will receive the exact same amount from Bosch, you will ten be paid in full!

If there is a buyback for Gen II , see above!

bhuizer

TDI
2014 Toureg TDI, 2014 Q5 TDI, Past: 2012 Touareg TDI, 2012 Jetta TDI
No, you will get the other half when the repair is completed or the buyback occurs.
Good to hear! I received one 1500 for my buyback 3.0, and two 750's for the fix cars today. Was just getting ready to call

OmniGLH

TDI
Porsche Cayenne Diesel
Just got a check for $750 for the Cayenne...I was hoping for a $1500
Clarification, for those that care to read:
If you are a Gen I owner that turned in a car that DIDNT have a former owner you should get a check for $1500 from Bosch, (1/1).
If you are a Gen I owner that turned in a car that DID have a former owner you should get a check for $750 from Bosch, (1/1).
Once you receive your Bosch check you are compensated in full!
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________
If you are are a Gen II owner that registered a car for restitution that DIDNT have a former owner you should get a check for $750 from Bosch, (1/2).
If you are a Gen II owner that registered a car for restitution that DID have a former owner you should get a check for $375 from Bosch, (1/2)
Once you have your car fixed you will receive the exact same amount from Bosch, you will ten be paid in full!
If there is a buyback for Gen II , see above!

Interesting.... I did not think the Bosch money was tied to a fix for Gen II. I have a Cayenne... got $750 today, no previous owners.

Concerning is the language on the check itself which makes it sound like, once I sign that check, I'm absolving Bosch of any further obligation.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
Interesting.... I did not think the Bosch money was tied to a fix for Gen II. I have a Cayenne... got $750 today, no previous owners.
Concerning is the language on the check itself which makes it sound like, once I sign that check, I'm absolving Bosch of any further obligation.
Are you not wanting their $1500, are you thinking about other legal action?

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
Does anyone have an explanation for $175 for 2.0s? If previous owner claimed something, how come I got full buyback amount?

MBQ

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4Dr DSG
1, POs could still claim the Bosch check even if they did not have a chance to claim the VW check.

2, Almost all post 6/28/2016 2.0L buyers got the full buyback value, regardless there was a PO claiming or not. VW did not follow the consent decree on that, and to the benefit of the owners.

Last edited:

JasonA7

TDI
A7, Q7
I don't see where Bosch is allowed to split the 3.0 payments into two payments of $750 each. That only applies to the VW early payment for gen 2. Can someone point to any specific language that allows the section seems split payment in the settlement agreement or FAQs?

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
I don't see where Bosch is allowed to split the 3.0 payments into two payments of $750 each. That only applies to the VW early payment for gen 2. Can someone point to any specific language that allows the section seems split payment in the settlement agreement or FAQs?
Why not? If you got half of restitution now for no fix, why not get only half of Bosch?

Go sue them if you don't like it

JasonA7

TDI
A7, Q7
We already did "sue them", as a Class. And by "suing them" they settled, with the Class. That settlement resulting from "suing them" was approved, by a court. And the settlement agreement that concluded the action of "suing them" became final. The settlement agreement has the terms of the payment to resolve "suing them". And all I was asking was whether that agreement, that was already the result of "suing them", allows for a split payment. Because I don't read it that way.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Almost all post 6/28/2016 2.0L buyers got the full buyback value, regardless there was a PO claiming or not. VW did not follow the consent decree on that, and to the benefit of the owners.
Nothing in any of the settlements has the buyback amount for a 2.0 TDI depending on whether an Eligible Seller filed a claim. Under the FTC consent order, owners of 2.0 TDIs who bought after 6/28/16 receive full restitution. Under the class-action settlement agreement, those owners get the same portion of the restitution that owners who bought between 9/18/15 and 6/28/16 get--all owners who bought after 9/18/15 are treated the same. VW is thus following the FTC consent order.

It honestly makes much more sense to go VIN-by-VIN, and in the age of computerized databases it's trivially easy to do so. But for whatever reason, the 2.0 settlements weren't written that way (the 3.0 settlements were).

arneeche

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI (former), 2012 Jetta TDI (Former), 2014 JSW TDI
I got a check from the bosch settlement yesterday!!

Q5TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Q5
Thank you for clarifying this and your post below the one above. Did you find this information somewhere?

I can't seem to get a straight answer from Bosch on anything. Their e-mails all say that they are looking into the issue and will get back to me, but they never do.

MBQ

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4Dr DSG
Nothing in any of the settlements has the buyback amount for a 2.0 TDI depending on whether an Eligible Seller filed a claim. Under the FTC consent order, owners of 2.0 TDIs who bought after 6/28/16 receive full restitution. Under the class-action settlement agreement, those owners get the same portion of the restitution that owners who bought between 9/18/15 and 6/28/16 get--all owners who bought after 9/18/15 are treated the same. VW is thus following the FTC consent order.

It honestly makes much more sense to go VIN-by-VIN, and in the age of computerized databases it's trivially easy to do so. But for whatever reason, the 2.0 settlements weren't written that way (the 3.0 settlements were).
Bosch is silly enough not to write the VIN number on each check.

MTB_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf MT indigo blue pearl 4 dr & '15 Touareg TDI
I received one of my two 3.0 checks yesterday. This one was for $750, I'm not sure if it was for the one I am fixing or the one I sold back. I did get full restitution for both. I emailed them to find out why I only got half the restitution, no answer yet. I am guessing that it is from the one getting fixed.

I have received two 2.0 checks, on full, one half restitution. Still waiting on 3 more checks.

Motodude

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 q7tdi. 2012 q7tdi
I got 6 checks yesterday. All 3.0's. Still waiting on some more 3.0's and some 2.0's. Funny enough, the first claim I ever filed on a 2.0 a very long time ago bosch hasnt sent a check for that one. And they sent other 2.0 checks that I filed way after the first one. Called and they have the first one on my file but said I would have to wait and it would be sent.

OmniGLH

TDI
Porsche Cayenne Diesel
Are you not wanting their $1500, are you thinking about other legal action?
Not sure I follow your question.

I'm supposed to receive $1,500. Instead I received $750, and on the back of the check, it says something to the effect of "by signing this check you absolve Bosch of any future liabilities"... which makes me leery and wonder if that essentially absolves them of providing the remaining $750.

Hence my hesitance to sign until we get confirmation from the lawyers on it. I figure enough people have contacted them between here and Rennlist (TDI Cayenne discussion going over there too) I don't need to add more noise to the pile.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
Not sure I follow your question.
I'm supposed to receive $1,500. Instead I received $750, and on the back of the check, it says something to the effect of "by signing this check you absolve Bosch of any future liabilities"... which makes me leery and wonder if that essentially absolves them of providing the remaining $750.
Hence my hesitance to sign until we get confirmation from the lawyers on it. I figure enough people have contacted them between here and Rennlist (TDI Cayenne discussion going over there too) I don't need to add more noise to the pile.
You're overthinking it. The other half will come once the repair is completed or vehicle bought back.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
Bosch is silly enough not to write the VIN number on each check.
For those with more than one vehicle, yes.

For most, who only have one or possibly two vehicles it isnt such a problem.
Still idiotic at best!

ccbsecu

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg Executive TDi
...so...I would infer that receiving only half of the check from Bosch for the Gen 2 + vehicles might mean a fix is imminent?

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
...so...I would infer that receiving only half of the check from Bosch for the Gen 2 + vehicles might mean a fix is imminent?
I wouldn't infer that. It seems like it is a tool to ensure people will get the fix...IF...it is approved. Just like the VW restitution money.