Solid metal LCA bushings

pdq import repair

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta
The reason they don't use something like that from the factory is noise issues. I have seen people complain about noise and harshness with stiffer performance bushings. I am one of those people too. If not an all out race car, stick with stock compliance is my recommendation.

h4vok

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi 5sp 171k
I just put the Audi TT rear lca and oem front on and I can notice the difference along with poly sway bar bushings its definitely noticeable. Metal would be too much I think unless you are making a race car in which I would still say the TT or R32 bushing is probably fine. I have seen metal sway bar bushings too which also seem unnecessary.

AnotherPerson

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Beetle
The reason they don't use something like that from the factory is noise issues. I have seen people complain about noise and harshness with stiffer performance bushings. I am one of those people too. If not an all out race car, stick with stock compliance is my recommendation.

For some of us with extreme use or live with bad streets i could see it helping. My bushings lasted 8 months. I put polys this time to see how they hold up but yea. I'd go with those solids if cost wasn't so much more.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
If your stock type bushings lasted eight months you either somehow installed them wrong or used some REALLY poor quality parts.

The TT bushings are noticeably harsher than the stock type. I have those in one of my cars. Not awful, but you can tell a difference. I cannot imagine what completely solid NON-compliance bushings would feel like. Maybe on a race car, but not on the street.

\/\/0J0

Veteran Member
TDI
Sadly, none anymore
That's a weird one... Just like the heim joints used in control arms and track bars for off-road toys. The compliance is high since there's no rubber to oppose twist and flex but, at the same time, they transmit EVERY bit of vibration from the road right to the frame/chassis. Also, as they wear out (which they do) they get sloppy, like a ball joint, then click and rattle as they move.

Sent from my mobile look-at device

AnotherPerson

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Beetle
That's a weird one... Just like the heim joints used in control arms and track bars for off-road toys. The compliance is high since there's no rubber to oppose twist and flex but, at the same time, they transmit EVERY bit of vibration from the road right to the frame/chassis. Also, as they wear out (which they do) they get sloppy, like a ball joint, then click and rattle as they move.

Sent from my mobile look-at device

I would have to wonder how well they hold up over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
I can tell you one winter here and that fancy thing will be all rusted to hell. TT bushing work fine, mine have been in for 10 years so far.

AnotherPerson

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Beetle
I can tell you one winter here and that fancy thing will be all rusted to hell. TT bushing work fine, mine have been in for 10 years so far.

I get about 20k miles on a set of rubbers. The heat and crappy roads here take its toll. Not to mention I deliver food in it too so lots of speed bumps from apartments and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enabled

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Manual, BMW 328d SW
Solid metal bushings will tear your control arms and damage the bolts. There is supposed to be some give there.
Install Lemforder TT solid rubber bushings and they will last you.

Also, bad axles, and warped rotors can destroy bushings much faster too. Any vibrations?

AnotherPerson

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Beetle
Solid metal bushings will tear your control arms and shear the bolts. There is supposed to be some movement there.
Install Lemforder TT solid rubber bushings and they will last you.

Also, bad axles, and warped rotors can destroy bushings much faster too. Any vibrations?

No vibrations. If you look at the link on the solid ones they are more like a pass thru balljoint. They do have the movement but in a machined metal fashion vs rubber flex.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
If your stock type bushings lasted eight months you either somehow installed them wrong or used some REALLY poor quality parts.

The TT bushings are noticeably harsher than the stock type. I have those in one of my cars. Not awful, but you can tell a difference. I cannot imagine what completely solid NON-compliance bushings would feel like. Maybe on a race car, but not on the street.

I used the stock lemforder ones but even they didn't last, perfect installation too, tt ones seem to last years.

I'm not sure of it's maybe wear on the actual control arms or something due to where you live, like for me in Scotland there's a lot of water, grit and salt as well as lumpy dirt tracks and generally lumpy roads lol.
I don't think that helps

AnotherPerson

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Beetle
I used the stock lemforder ones but even they didn't last, perfect installation too, tt ones seem to last years.

I'm not sure of it's maybe wear on the actual control arms or something due to where you live, like for me in Scotland there's a lot of water, grit and salt as well as lumpy dirt tracks and generally lumpy roads lol.
I don't think that helps

They were prefab German arms with the bushings in them to begin with. We don't have road salt, we just have potholes, random dips in the road. Just bad condition roads and some pretty big curbs going into places. (Road sinkage related)

AnotherPerson

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Beetle
Those arms are really nice. If my car was in very nice physical shape I would consider those next time around. But its mechanically solid. Body paint and interior are like 3/10.