Appears to be a Fix for Gen 1 cars! Gen 2-3 are Software.

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
And the approval is official!

Still goes back to on bought back cars anything over 10k/year, salvage title, and bad cosmetic damage gets crushed, but still it's good news!

-BB

peterdaniel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL 5 spd TDi, 2003 Jetta GLS Indigo blue 5spd wagon. 2003 Jetta GLS Candy white wagon 5 speed
I knew it i knew it i knew it!!!!

peterdaniel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL 5 spd TDi, 2003 Jetta GLS Indigo blue 5spd wagon. 2003 Jetta GLS Candy white wagon 5 speed
any details as to what this entails? Warranty? Rebate on leftover new stock?

J

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 passat tdi.... my 6th TDi!! a4, a3, b4, a5, my b7 and wife has a '11 JSW.. :)
The day has arrived my firends....

in todays news...

Gen 1 fix coming:

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1AC2F3

Loses 2MPG (likely more in the real world), no details beyond that...

yaahoooo!!

This part sucks though.... as we knew!
"The only vehicles without a fix are manual 2012-2014 Passat diesels."

Last edited:

BarnyardsTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf w/DSG, Malone Stage 2 (all emissions intact), HID's, Sunroof, Dynaudio, NAV
Mother of god... The dream has become a reality. Get fix, collect restitution, "un-fix" car with said restitution, drive until the wheels fall off.

Last edited:

peterdaniel

Veteran Member
TDI
Manuals are much harder to control emissions.. That is a main reason why most dont offer it anymore. Low sales + extra emissions expense means not worth it.

jbright

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta DSG
I just called and had my account changed from buyback to fix. Had not sent in my docs yet. I've been patiently waiting for this news. Love my TDI.

Last edited:

gcodori

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 NB TDI plus CPO 2013 Passat TDI SEL Prem.
Mother of god... The dream has become a reality. Get fix, collect restitution, "un-fix" car with said restitution, drive until the wheels fall off.
You forgot the "void whatever warranty offered" part.

Some may not care if they are driving the wheels off, but some might not want to bank the payoff for the HPFP repair that's waiting for them just to undo the fix.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

flargabarg

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg Lux TDI
Or if the fix is good enough, skip the un-fix step and spend the money on something else.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke

Some may not care if they are driving the wheels off, but some might not want to bank the payoff for the HPFP repair that's waiting for them just to undo the fix.
Meh, we don't need no stinkin' warranty. Take the money, slap on a cp3, and tune to our hearts content . Life is good.

BarnyardsTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf w/DSG, Malone Stage 2 (all emissions intact), HID's, Sunroof, Dynaudio, NAV

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
CP3 pump upgrade would be included in supporting mods.

Or if the fix is good enough, skip the un-fix step and spend the money on something else.
You have a point flargabarg but the stock emissions components have a finite lifespan and I never planned to put new ones on when they died.

DieselMann99

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI w/ Premium, DSG (Buyback Nov 2018); 2013 Jetta TDI (bought Dec 2018); also, bought a CPO 2017 Passat TSI (Nov 2018)
Still goes back to on bought back cars anything over 10k/year, salvage title, and bad cosmetic damage gets crushed, but still it's good news!
10k a year?? So a 2013 like mine with more than 40k miles gets crushed? That's insane.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Also, no word on performance degradation.
Letter says no change in performance.

Upon completion of the emissions modification, other than as described in this letter, customers should not notice any adverse changes in vehicle reliability, durability, or vehicle performance (for example, 0-60 mph time, top speed, etc.).

DieselMann99

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI w/ Premium, DSG (Buyback Nov 2018); 2013 Jetta TDI (bought Dec 2018); also, bought a CPO 2017 Passat TSI (Nov 2018)
Letter says no change in performance.

Upon completion of the emissions modification, other than as described in this letter, customers should not notice any adverse changes in vehicle reliability, durability, or vehicle performance (for example, 0-60 mph time, top speed, etc.).
Yeah, I know the letter says that, I'd just like to hear some real world field data from owners.

Fastbird

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL, 2015 Sportwagen SEL
Excellent news that I'm very happy to see. Not having these cars on the road would put a huge dent in the community for the TDI enthusiasts. These 09+ cars for what they are, are simply great cars.

flargabarg

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg Lux TDI
CP3 pump upgrade would be included in supporting mods.
You have a point flargabarg but the stock emissions components have a finite lifespan and I never planned to put new ones on when they died.
I don't know about you, but I'd ride out the included warranty first. Then if it turns out you have big high mile problems they will be on Volkswagen's nickel instead of yours. It's your car and your money, though. I'm the sort of person who has replaced catalytic converters on more than one car, and not minded that it's the dues for having cleaner air for all of us.

BarnyardsTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
I don't know about you, but I'd ride out the included warranty first. Then if it turns out you have big high mile problems they will be on Volkswagen's nickel instead of yours. It's your car and your money, though. I'm the sort of person who has replaced catalytic converters on more than one car, and not minded that it's the dues for having cleaner air for all of us.
I agree that is probably the best choice. Still trying to figure out the extended warranty after the fix. My car is currently just over 7 years old and has 150,000 miles on it.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
I agree that is probably the best choice. Still trying to figure out the extended warranty after the fix. My car is currently just over 7 years old and has 150,000 miles on it.

"The warranty period for the “Extended Emissions Warranty” limited warranty extension shall be the greater of: - 11 years or 162,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the vehicle’s original in-service date;

OR -

5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the date and mileage of Phase 1 of the emissions modification. At the time of the subsequent Phase 2 modification, the extended warranty will be honored for 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the date and mileage of the completion of Phase 2.

The vehicle’s original in-service date is defined as the date the vehicle was delivered to either the original purchaser or the original lessee; or if the vehicle was first placed in service as a “demonstrator” or “company” car, on the date such vehicle was first placed in service."

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
^ That is for generation 3 only. Gen 2 automatic transmission is 4 yrs 48,000 mi past the time that the fix is installed, which is what was in the consent decree. Gen 1 should be the same.

peterdaniel

Veteran Member
TDI
what would the warranty be for a brand new 2014?