Brussels back in the (diesel) saddle again!

BRUSSELS BELGIAN

Old Whig
TDI
1997 Passat TDI
Have had a Chevy Cruze turbodiesel with 6 speed manual for about 2 weeks now. Observations to follow as I discover the cars good and bad points...

BRUSSELS BELGIAN

Old Whig
TDI
1997 Passat TDI
Cave Man

I am so technologically illiterate I can't seem to post pictures. I will talk some $H!T however...I will defeat ANY TDI owned by a member of this club in a fuel economy competition.......

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Hehe... he also likes to draft Prius drivers. :p

Life is too short to drive like that, I'll enjoy my 50 MPG ALH driving at higher speeds. :D

Clroads

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat sedan, 05 Passat sedan
Hi Jack. Good luck with the car. 6 speed nice. I can help you with the pics if you want.

Clroads

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat sedan, 05 Passat sedan
Drafting Prius, garbage trucks on trash day, 10-speed bikes on a rainy day, Amish buggies going to market, school buses in the afternoons, municipal buses during rush hour, women pushing strollers, amazing to watch.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Congrats, Jack. And I may have to take you up on your FE challenge at some point. You know what I'll be driving. :D

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Yeah: a big part of the equation is driver skill, and JON has me there!:)
Jon got close to 63 MPG on his trip out to Fest in Wisconsin last year. On biodiesel, which is ~5% lower in calorific content than D2. Works out to over 66 MPG on straight D2...