Total miles on new 2015 TDI's?

hooville

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS, 2016 GTI, 2015 TDI Sportwagen S
173 miles, we lucked out because they were stored in a covered garage and driven from time to time. We went to see the cars before the terms for sale were announced, they didn't even have a list of what they had so we had to look at wheels and shifters to see what manuals and trims were on hand.
They were covered in pollen and looking sad next to the shiny Audis & Porsches. We started the two the salesman had keys for and they fired right up so the story of periodic driving appeared to be true!

SalsaRed2010

TDI
2015 Golf SportWagon, 2013 Jetta SportWagon, and 2010 Jetta SportWagon
Our new 2015 2015 Golf SportWagen SEL (with DSG) had 183 miles when we picked it up. I've added just over 80 since activating the insurance. It does appear the fob batteries are low already. Anyone else having the same issue?

cane929

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI DSG S
Our new 2015 2015 Golf SportWagen SEL (with DSG) had 183 miles when we picked it up. I've added just over 80 since activating the insurance. It does appear the fob batteries are low already. Anyone else having the same issue?
They were supposed to change it, if you live close to the dealership you can go back but I would suggest just buying the battery and replacing it yourself, I did mine recently and took all but few minutes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_UBfkLCbu0

Grigg3

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta wagon, 15 Golf wagon
Key battery almost dead on mine, dealer is supposed to have mailed a replacement along with the "roadside assistance kit" that was listed on the window sticker but absent from the car.

SalsaRed2010

TDI
2015 Golf SportWagon, 2013 Jetta SportWagon, and 2010 Jetta SportWagon
They were supposed to change it, if you live close to the dealership you can go back but I would suggest just buying the battery and replacing it yourself, I did mine recently and took all but few minutes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_UBfkLCbu0

Thanks. I was planning on doing it myself, so this is helpful. My 2013 had the same issue recently.

deming

Veteran Member
TDI
(2) 2005 TDI Passat Wagons
Could use some assistance locating one to buy ?

prefer manual transmission TDI Sportwagen S

luckydpt

TDI
2015 Golf TDI S Manual (Previous: 3 ALH's )
Just picked up my "New" 2015 3 hours ago!!!!
I test drove it last week and it had 56 miles on it.
When I took delivery tomight it had 57.
Very pleased with fit and finish and my salesman Ed was awesome!

-cheers!
:)

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
The ones I looked at yesterday all had over 200-salesman said they needed miles put on in order to reset the monitors so it could pass NYS inspection. They only had DSG's left in any model-I saw a Passat,Golf, and a few Sportwagens,but I don't know how many they had in back. I took a white GSW for a test drive w/DSG.

deming

Veteran Member
TDI
(2) 2005 TDI Passat Wagons
I purchased a new 2015 Sportwagen S tonight with 50 miles on the clock.
Batteries in my two key fobs need to be replaced. Car is awesome to drive !!
Great deal.

21ppr

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE, 2015 Passat TDI SE
42 miles on mine, a 2015 Passat TDI SE w/DSG. Got it from Jeff Griffin at Executive Volkswagen in North Haven, CT (Jeff, by the way, is one of the two easiest auto sales people I've dealt with in my lifetime). They have more.

Jeff told me the dealership had not done any periodic driving of the cars over the two years; however, the lot is paved and the car had been thoroughly checked out by the mechanics according to a protocol that VW had imposed. It looks like I got new tires--no flat spots! Car looks, feels and smells like a new car. I'm very pleased.

sloinker

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Sportwagen '15 Golf Hatch
Picked mine up yesterday. Black wagon with DSG, S model. $26,635 minus $1,000 from the dealership and $5000 from VW. 72 payments @ $297 and zero interest. 79 miles on the clock. Have no idea if the oil is 3 years old or new. Same with the tires. The car looks and smells new. I pulled the dipstick and the oil is crystal clear but that probably means nothing. Happy with the deal. Happy with the car too. My daughter and wife have abandoned their own vehicles to drive the new one. I still have my '15 Passat w/6MT until the 30th of this month when I turn it in. I started looking for a replacement and ended up with another TDI....go figure.

kevkor2002

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen, 2002 Honda S2000
in 18 days of driving I'm up to 2900 miles :) All mixed driving and getting around 44-46 per my manual calculations.

Last couple of tanks I've played more with the manual shifting and 'S' mode.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Mine had 750 miles on it, so I went over it like a border agent on Breaking Bad. I satisfied myself that it had no issues, but I hemmed and hawed to the dealer until they knocked an additional $500 off the $7500 they were already offering. So, purchased a $26,8xx car for $18,8xx at 0% with an 11 year warranty and have put another 300 miles on it in three days, averaging 55.3 mpg on the instrument cluster since the dealer fueled it for me. Couldn't be happier to own an example of the last of the TDI in the US.

kevkor2002

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen, 2002 Honda S2000
I average about 150 miles per day during the week. Its been a very happy purchase so far! A big step up interms of comfort and quietness. Its a decent step up in terms of MPGs. Happy motoring

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
so who knows what the tank capacity is on these GSWs? my GSW had just over 100 miles on it when I picked it up and it now has 2800 miles or so.

i've been filling up between 4-500 miles at 1/4 tank and have struggled to get over 10 gallons in it. fill it till it clicks off, then nurse fuel into it until liquid oozes out of the misfuel adapter thing. (too many years topping of MK4s I suppose)

I guess I need to know how much further I can go before I refill without fear of running out.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
so who knows what the tank capacity is on these GSWs? my GSW had just over 100 miles on it when I picked it up and it now has 2800 miles or so.
i've been filling up between 4-500 miles at 1/4 tank and have struggled to get over 10 gallons in it. fill it till it clicks off, then nurse fuel into it until liquid oozes out of the misfuel adapter thing. (too many years topping of MK4s I suppose)
I guess I need to know how much further I can go before I refill without fear of running out.
Unfortunately, we have the same size tank as the regular Golf: 13.2 gallons.

Without the old tricks like ventectomies, you're looking at usable capacity of 11-12 gallons (I've never managed to fit 12 in my GTI, even halfway into the red zone) if leaving yourself a safety margin for your HPFP.

I long for the old 25 gallon reservoir in my B4V.

They should have given us 18 gallons.

Spec sheet here: https://media.vw.com/doc/1385/2015_golf_sportwagen_as_versatile_as_a_compact_suv_as_fuel_efficient_and_fun-to-drive_as_a_compact-2015_golf_sportwagen_specifications-153816083954fc90c9e375f.pdf

Last edited:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
I guess that makes for cheap fill ups, but I am a little sad I cannot go 6-700 miles on a tank any more.. means I fill up every weekend instead of every two weeks like I could in my mk4 just so I dont have to deal with it during the week while commuting.

oh well, Ill get used to it.

JDM Mike 02

TDI
2015 Golf TDI, 2006 Jetta TDI, 1996 Jetta GLS
Picked up my '15 Golf SE this past Tuesday night, it had 59 miles on the clock. Looked/smelled new inside and out, I've bought my wife several brand new cars over the years but this is my first. Wish it was manual but the DSG is growing on me, paddle shifters are fun.

The Tortoise

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW Trendline - White
I really wish the Canadian TDI's came with paddle shifters. This is something I may add down the road.