Actual Purchases of 2015 Stop-Sale (NEW TDI's)

tonestar

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf TDI (Canadian Import) 5 Speed, 2015 Golf TDI SE DSG, 2015 Jetta TDI SE (connectivity) DSG
Just picked up a Jetta SE with connectivity, DSG, 42 miles on the clock for the fiancé. Both back in the TDI mold full bore here lol

dvandentop

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW
Just drove home my new '15 Golf S TDI, white with DSG! Price was barely $19k before Minnesota sales tax, and computer says 44 MPG for the drive home. Good to know that no matter what happens, I'll have a TDI to drive for at least another decade!

BTW, looked like the dealer, Mankato Motors, might have a Sportswagon S w/DSG that ain't been spoken for...
Don't all TDI come with dsg if not manual?

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
Sis in law got her new SE GSW in Black with manual yesterday. They didn't replace the tires or brakes. Brakes aren't pulsing and the tires don't wobble like they have flat spots at least. We put it up on my lift today and no rust anywhere. It looks as clean as when I got mine in April two years ago. The wiper blades are new and oil looks new. Who knows if filter was changed so I may suggest we do that and the fuel filter. Because I never trust the stealerships.

cane929

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI DSG S
Sis in law got her new SE GSW in Black with manual yesterday. They didn't replace the tires or brakes. Brakes aren't pulsing and the tires don't wobble like they have flat spots at least. We put it up on my lift today and no rust anywhere. It looks as clean as when I got mine in April two years ago. The wiper blades are new and oil looks new. Who knows if filter was changed so I may suggest we do that and the fuel filter. Because I never trust the stealerships.

You can simply ask the dealership for a work order with items done on the car so far, they will print you a copy from their service dept.

flee

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS wagon
If you look close enough you should be able to tell if the oil filter was changed.
I've never managed to change one without leaving behind some 'evidence'!

volksjaeger

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta Wagon, '15 Golf Sportwagen, '16 Touareg Lux
I bought a Night Blue base S model 6MT. Loved it so much I bought another Tornado Red base S 6MT. My buddy flew into the bay area from San Diego to buy the last Tornado Red S 6MT. All MSRP (~$26k plus 8% tax) minus $5k and 0% for 72 months. The interest free loan is worth about $3k. My buddy who had never driven a TDI was absolutely blown away by how amazing the car drove and that freight train torque really shocked him. Said it was the best car he had ever driven. Lucky sales guy was in the right place at the right time to pick up the phone when I called and made 3 sales. The dealer sold 39 TDI's in the last 2 weeks. They are all gone now. So if you didn't jump on it quick you were SOL.

Last edited:

tonestar

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf TDI (Canadian Import) 5 Speed, 2015 Golf TDI SE DSG, 2015 Jetta TDI SE (connectivity) DSG
I bought a Night Blue base S model 6MT. Loved it so much I bought another Tornado Red base S 6MT. My buddy flew into the bay area from San Diego to buy the last Tornado Red S 6MT. All MSRP (~$26k plus 8% tax) minus $5k and 0% for 72 months. The interest free loan is worth about $3k. My buddy who had never driven a TDI was absolutely blown away by how amazing the car drove and that freight train torque really shocked him. Said it was the best car he had ever driven. Lucky sales guy was in the right place at the right time to pick up the phone when I called and made 3 sales. The dealer sold 39 TDI's in the last 2 weeks. They are all gone now. So if you didn't jump on it quick you were SOL.

Damn nice rides!

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
All depends on how much you are financing, people love to finance the entire car.

2.9% was what I was able to get from my local Credit Union when we signed for the Alltack, even though that was only $1600 or so for the 15K we took out.

VWMark

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI 6M RIP, 2015 GSW SE TDI 6M, 2015 Q7 TDI
Picked up my new GSW on Saturday. Wow, it's a big improvement over the 2010 Golf that I had, really nice car!

Forgot to give details:
Golf Sportwagon SE 6 speed manual, Platinum Gray with black interior, Drivers Assist and Lighting packages.
Price was MSRP minus $5000 rebate
I traded in a 1 year old Mini Clubman which was about 1/2 financed, and they gave a generous trade in
The trade in eliminated most of the sales tax, I took $5000 cash back from the trade in and the rest was the deposit
Financed the rest at 0% for 72 months, although I will likely pay it off much sooner
Also got them to throw in a set of Monster mats and a trunk liner
57 miles on the odometer
46 MPG on the way home, nice!

Last edited:

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
You can simply ask the dealership for a work order with items done on the car so far, they will print you a copy from their service dept.
I'm aware but I still don't trust them. And what oil did they put in? I'm doubtful it's the Castrol 507 synthetic. I guess I'm just paranoid but from all the stories I've heard being in the business over the years, I just find it hard to trust them (even what parts/items were supposedly checked or replaced.

But so far so good she said.

giuseppe_b

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SportWagen SE 6MT
This thread has been helpful to me. I was holding on to my 2010 Jetta 6M waiting for a fix. I've been thinking about now going after one of these 2015s before they're gone, and just doing the buyback. I've called around and found a few GSW SE or SEL in stock and I can't decide if it's worth it. One dealer said they did change battery, oil, filter, tires, etc and when I drove the 15 Jetta it felt new to me. But some dealers are a few hours away and I can't just go drive one to feel it out. I will ask their service dept if they've done these things I guess.
Meanwhile, the KBB value for a CPO (I know, but it's a ballpark) 15 GSW SEL is around $22,500. So for a purchase price of $26,xxx for an untitled but stored two year old car is still hard to come to grips with.
That and sending my beloved 2010 to a crusher is hard too.

tonestar

Veteran Member
TDI
This thread has been helpful to me. I was holding on to my 2010 Jetta 6M waiting for a fix. I've been thinking about now going after one of these 2015s before they're gone, and just doing the buyback. I've called around and found a few GSW SE or SEL in stock and I can't decide if it's worth it. One dealer said they did change battery, oil, filter, tires, etc and when I drove the 15 Jetta it felt new to me. But some dealers are a few hours away and I can't just go drive one to feel it out. I will ask their service dept if they've done these things I guess.
Meanwhile, the KBB value for a CPO (I know, but it's a ballpark) 15 GSW SEL is around $22,500. So for a purchase price of $26,xxx for an untitled but stored two year old car is still hard to come to grips with.
That and sending my beloved 2010 to a crusher is hard too.
if you plan on driving the 15 for years to come, there is nothing brand new on the market even close to the price of these vehicles that have power/MPGs/longevitiy(with proper maintanence of course)

I thought the price initially was bad too but when you see comparables with other manufacturers - you realize the value right now. For me the 0% also saved me $2500 on top of the 5k savings because I purchased a used acura with a 4.5% interest rate.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I'm aware but I still don't trust them. And what oil did they put in? I'm doubtful it's the Castrol 507 synthetic. I guess I'm just paranoid but from all the stories I've heard being in the business over the years, I just find it hard to trust them (even what parts/items were supposedly checked or replaced.

But so far so good she said.
If you don't trust the dealer, then I guess your only option is to do an oil change now.

r11

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE 6MT (BB'd), 2015 Passat TDI SE 6MT
Dont worry about. Only difference with 507 Spec is "low ash". Single load of wrong oil wont do much damage, but even that is moot, as you will get a new DPF/NOx Cat anyway, part of fix for '15

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
Good points guys. :) If it were my car, I'd change it, but I hate for her to spend $60 on new oil so will let it go.

giuseppe_b

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SportWagen SE 6MT
if you plan on driving the 15 for years to come, there is nothing brand new on the market even close to the price of these vehicles that have power/MPGs/longevitiy(with proper maintanence of course)
I thought the price initially was bad too but when you see comparables with other manufacturers - you realize the value right now. For me the 0% also saved me $2500 on top of the 5k savings because I purchased a used acura with a 4.5% interest rate.

I do plan on driving it for at least 10 years. I also hoped to keep my 2010 for another 8 but who knows what kind of expenses may come up other than the timing belt. It may be better to finance the new car and have a worry-free period until it's paid off at least.

tonestar

Veteran Member
TDI
I do plan on driving it for at least 10 years. I also hoped to keep my 2010 for another 8 but who knows what kind of expenses may come up other than the timing belt. It may be better to finance the new car and have a worry-free period until it's paid off at least.
Much less risk on the 2015 than the HPFP 2010's - I would be swapping that without a doubt! You make a killing off the 2010 on the buyback, then turn around and finance the car @ 0% financing and bank the cash you got from the 2010 and gain interest on it as you pain the loan, never put $ down on a 0% loan. Also, 10 year 150k warranty on the parts that generally have issues on diesels- yeah i'd say its a no brainer. The more and more I thought about it the more I wouldn't want a used 2015 simply because I didn't oil change mine for a while before turn in(over a year/ and parked it), I suspect most folks did the same.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
A lot of us drove and sevriced as we normally would. However, I am approaching 110K miles on the JSW and am considering the buyback before I have to do the timing belt at 120K.

Last edited:

PoundSand

TDI
none
my mind is blown that so many people are letting the dealer charge msrp (they don't give anything up on a manufacturer's rebate) for a 2 year old new car.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
my mind is blown that so many people are letting the dealer charge msrp (they don't give anything up on a manufacturer's rebate) for a 2 year old new car.
Not sure what you mean here. I haven't heard of anyone who's paid more than MSRP less the $5K or $8.5K rebate, depending on a lease or buy. Sure, some dealers are doing their usual thing of adding on extra cost items, but they'd do that on any car.

dieselpony

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL 6 speed manual Moonrock Silver
Some dealers are doing a little better than just the VW incentive.

Compare it to other cars you could purchase. I *must* have a manual. That narrows it down. If you want a manual with options such a dual automatic climate and a sunroof, the list of available cars narrows dramatically. Mazda3 may be an option, but after test driving a lightly used CX5 when we were looking for a car for my wife and hearing the rattles I stopped considering Mazda.

I got 40.8 calculated MPG on my first tank (508 miles), and that's on the dealer fill, and mostly suburban driving. To me, these cars are pretty special. They're not special to everyone, but they are to me, and apparently, a bunch of other folks.

Mark_J

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI Passat SEL Premium, 2017 Fiat Spider, 2017 Ford F350 6.7 Diesel crew cab PU, 2016 Harley Trike, 2016 Tesla Model X P90D (I know went to the dark side)
I got the $8,500 discount plus $1,000.00 off = $9,500.00 discount and sticker was the same as it was in 2015 on the Passat SEL Premium. I was looking to purchase one in 2015 and then they put the stop sale on them so I know what they were selling for. After selling back my current VW, I will only owe $2,500.00 on it and will pay it off in 2 months. Has the normal 3 year, 36,000 mile warranty, plus the emissions 11 year warranty. The local dealer only had 8 of them so they stored them inside a warehouse and they sold all of them in a week. It is as clean as new and still has the new car smell. So even though it may be 2 years old, I am very happy with it.