Central Florida TDI-GTG Sunday, Nov 15, 2009

mendy

The next meeting of the Central Florida TDI Club is scheduled for SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 15th, 2009 in Ocala, FL. We will follow previous timelines and have registration and snacks from 11:30AM to 12:30PM, followed by lunch promptly at 12:30PM. Following the model of our last GTG we will again offer two tech-sessions rather than just one! Tech sessions will run from 1:00PM until 3 or 4PM. The sessions are hands-on and you can either watch or get your hands on the tools, your choice. The two tech sessions for this GTG are:
1) replacing lubrication in a VW manual transmission (tech presenter: Luis) and,
2) replacing glow plugs in a TDI (tech presenters: Lew & Frank).
There will also be sufficient time for members to visit with each other and share concerns, war stories, ideas, skills, knowledge, etc.
As usual, you MUST pre-register so we can get sufficient food and beverages for those attending. The cost remains at $5 per person payable in cash at the door. When you register we’ll give you directions on how to reach our meeting location. Email your registration to Chris at… doctordiesel@cox.net . Indicate the number of persons attending the GTG.
You may also pre-register by phone (352-572-8421) . If you choose to phone, call Chris between the hours of noon and 8PM Eastern time. We hope to see many of you on November 15th, 2009. (We must be doing something right. We have members driving 175 miles one-way to come to each meeting. Come, see why!)

ADDED INFO! We have added two more aspects to this GTG: 1) attendees who would like (optional) may CRAWL through our Haunted Maze, left over from Halloween! 2) Tonino Petrolo from F1 Tuning will explain their new chip-tuning for common-rail VWs, with demo and test drive. They also tune pre-2009 VWs. NOTE: The F1 Tuning session is scheduled from 10:30-noon, ahead of our lunch and regular GTG, so plan to come early.

You MUST R.S.V.P. by Tuesday, Nov 10th in order to receive directions to our location. Either email me at doctordiesel@cox.net or phone 352-572-8421 by Tuesday. This will be another great GTG. Hope you'll be with us!

Last edited:

mendy

NOTE ! ! ! Due to Internet constraints we do NOT reply to comments or questions posted on this forum. You may contact Chris at doctordiesel@cox.net for clarification or questions.

F1 tuning

Vendor
TDI
Varios TDI
mendy said:
The next meeting of the Central Florida TDI Club is scheduled for SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 15th, 2009 in Ocala, FL. We will follow previous timelines and have registration and snacks from 11:30AM to 12:30PM, followed by lunch promptly at 12:30PM. Following the model of our last GTG we will again offer two tech-sessions rather than just one! Tech sessions will run from 1:00PM until 3 or 4PM. The sessions are hands-on and you can either watch or get your hands on the tools, your choice. The two tech sessions for this GTG are:
1) replacing lubrication in a VW manual transmission (tech presenter: Luis) and,
2) replacing glow plugs in a TDI (tech presenters: Lew & Frank).
There will also be sufficient time for members to visit with each other and share concerns, war stories, ideas, skills, knowledge, etc.
As usual, you MUST pre-register so we can get sufficient food and beverages for those attending. The cost remains at $5 per person payable in cash at the door. When you register we’ll give you directions on how to reach our meeting location. Email your registration to Chris at… doctordiesel@cox.net . Indicate the number of persons attending the GTG.
You may also pre-register by phone (352-572-8421) . If you choose to phone, call Chris between the hours of noon and 8PM Eastern time. We hope to see many of you on November 15th, 2009. (We must be doing something right. We have members driving 175 miles one-way to come to each meeting. Come, see why!)

ADDED INFO! We have added two more aspects to this GTG: 1) attendees who would like (optional) may CRAWL through our Haunted Maze, left over from Halloween! 2) Tonino Petrolo from F1 Tuning will explain their new chip-tuning for common-rail VWs, with demo and test drive. They also tune pre-2009 VWs. NOTE: The F1 Tuning session is scheduled from 10:30-noon, ahead of our lunch and regular GTG, so plan to come early.

You MUST R.S.V.P. by Tuesday, Nov 10th in order to receive directions to our location. Either email me at doctordiesel@cox.net or phone 352-572-8421 by Tuesday. This will be another great GTG. Hope you'll be with us!
As per Update i would be there
For any Questions about Tuning and performance you could ask me there.
Looking Forward
Best
Tonino

CentrlFLtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
1996, Passat Wagon, Deep Purple
Had a great time today. Thanks to Chris and Sally for hosting. Heres a couple of pictures.

And some of the cars there.

VWWV

Veteran Member
TDI
passat 96, candy white
A great time! Nice to see the "veterans" plus meeting some new folks. Thanks to Chris and Sally for hosting again....you both deserve a lot of credit for what you do. See you in February.

lrpavlo

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Sportwagen DSG, 02 NB Auto
Wish I could have been there....I helped with a T belt on a midwest member's car this weekend and will be selling our house here on the 17th. Can't wait to get the place built in FL so hopefully I'll get to meet some of you TDI guru's for the next one!!

Phil_R

TDI
2000 Golf GLS TDI
Thank-you Chris and Sally for hosting... As "new folks" thanks to everyone else for making us welcome.

Earthman

TDI
2005 Graphite Blue 5 spd Jetta
Great day at the GTG

Thanks to Chris and Sally for hosting. It was a-maze-ing (if you were there you know what I mean). Nice to engage with people who have been with the TDIs longer than me; I learned a lot.

F1 tuning

Vendor
TDI
Varios TDI
Thanks to all, was very nice to meet all of you !!!
special Thanks to Chris and Sally.
Hope to be there next year.

SRX

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
A Huge Thanks !!!!!

CHRIS & SALLY....YOUR THE BOMB!!!!

My first GTG....and I had an awesome time. It was really great meeting such nice down to earth bunch of fellow TDI'ers. Can't wait for the next meeting....and thanks to Tonino, my new F1 S2 tune made the long ride home such a joy :D.

F1 tuning

Vendor
TDI
Varios TDI
SRX said:
CHRIS & SALLY....YOUR THE BOMB!!!!

My first GTG....and I had an awesome time. It was really great meeting such nice down to earth bunch of fellow TDI'ers. Can't wait for the next meeting....and thanks to Tonino, my new F1 S2 tune made the long ride home such a joy :D.

Swiftwrech

TDI
2006 Jetta Tdi BRM DSG
Hi to whom this may concern. In late 2015 I had sold my 05.5 TDI to Tonino petrolo. In January I moved out of state and about 4 months ago I started to receive tickets from naussau county Li I had contacted Tonino about these tickets and he apologized and told me he left the car at a friends who moved the car to the street and he was in awear of these tickets. He agreed to pay them as he never registered the car and tickets were addressed to the last registered owner (me) at that point Tonino went and paid off 11of 19 tickets that he received. During the move I had lost my copy of the bill of sale which the court needs during our conversation Tonino agreed to notify the courts he is the new owner and that he takes responsibility for his actions. Which seems straight and honest until march 2017 when I started getting the rest of his tickets there's a total of 8 left unpaid and now Tonino is dodging my calls blocked me on what's app. All I want is for this person to transfer that POS TDI that I sold him for $1200 out of my name and remove those fines.. FYI this guy pleaded guilty on my name to those tickets which is affecting my driving record and history I am on the verge of loosing my license Because of this shm*k and he won't even respond to me with an address to mail him any paperwork if you know this guy avoid him like the plague