Wichita, KS - EuroTec and Chad Stoughton info and feeback

Chad@EuroTec

Vendor
TDI
2010 Jetta TDi, 6sp manual
My name is Chad Stoughton, and I started EuroTec in November 2008. The day after Thanksgiving that year, I walked the Towne West parking lot and put business cards on EVERY VW and Audi windshield, hoping to start some side-work from my garage. A month later, I finally got my first request for service, and the rest is history!

Europros is now located at 1655 S. West St, Wichita, KS.
Website is www.EuroprosLLC.com

We can do anything! Now that I am in a shop with lifts and access to all my equipment, pulling engines and transmissions is possible. I am the owner, service manager/writer, parts manager, and lead technician. This offers the customer fully personalized service; we will take care of everything.

I come from a huge VAG enthusiast family. My Dad bought his first car in 1968, a 1966 VW Beetle with a blown motor, which he rebuilt and drove. He worked at a local VW dealership later, and we still have his VW training certificates! After owning and operating a VW and Audi ONLY shop for 33 years, he retired. Since then, he came out of retirement to help me start, and has since retired again!

I am married with 2 kids, so I stay busy! My wife drives a Tiguan, and I commute in a 2010 CR Jetta TDi. We also have a 2006 BRM TDI as a 3rd vehicle.

If I have serviced your vehicle before, please leave feedback about your experience, good or bad. I do everything in my power to ensure my customers are fully satisfied with my service and pricing.

Listed below are other threads with feedback of my service.

Thank you to all of my customers for continued support, and those to come,
Chad

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=3843928#post3843928

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=309720&highlight=chad+wichita

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=325518&highlight=chad+wichita

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=338216&highlight=chad+wichita

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=342826&highlight=chad+wichita

Post #1848
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=130044&highlight=chad+wichita&page=124

I have to give props to Growler, as this feedback thread was his idea, and a good one at that!

Last edited:

Cumbres

Just a short note for a thumbs up for :)Chad. We haven't been using him for very long but I have been impressed with the three times we have been there with our 2 Jetta's. He is great to work with and puts a lot of energy in diagnosing and explaining things to you.

He is also very accessible. When our Jetta suddenly lost the ability to shift into second gear I emailed him on a Saturday night. Before Monday morning rolled around we had arranged to drop the car off at his shop to see what we needed to do to fix it. You can't do that with too many shops.

It is great to have a VW nut and true Gear Head for your mechanic!

MethylEster

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5. Red, 5 Spd
Couple of years ago I got stranded in the Wichita area and found Chad through the "Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State" listing. Called Chad and had my car towed to his house at Midnight. Next morning Chad had my car up and running great. Very knowledgable and Professional. Highly recommended.

Cumbres

I just want to give Kudo's to Chad, Again! I had a noise develop in my TDI Jetta, thought it would be a relatively simple replacement for an idler pulley which I thought had a bad bearing. Well, it wasn't. The last timing belt job, put in about 45K miles before was going bad. Bearings were failing in all of the rotating parts. Apparently the kit used was not up to VW standards although I was assured that it was a high quality kit. They also found that the timing was off by 3/4 of a tooth or so. Well, the car is now noise free and actually runs better then it has since I bought it used. It always was relatively hard starting compared to our other tdi and that complaint has now gone away.

I can't say enough good things about Chad and his great shop. Between him and his dad your car is in excellent hands. I also appreciate the effort he goes to to make sure that he has high quality parts meeting VW specs on hand.

Thanks!!!!!:):):):):):):):)

PS-He had all the parts taken off the car to show me the problems/wear and also the lack of manufactures markings on the parts too. Appears to have been a cheap kit.

Last edited:

Chad@EuroTec

Vendor
TDI
I just want to give Kudo's to Chad, Again! I had a noise develop in my TDI Jetta, thought it would be a relatively simple replacement for an idler pulley which I thought had a bad bearing. Well, it wasn't. The last timing belt job, put in about 45K miles before was going bad. Bearings were failing in all of the rotating parts. Apparently the kit used was not up to VW standards although I was assured that it was a high quality kit. They also found that the timing was off by 3/4 of a tooth or so. Well, the car is now noise free and actually runs better then it has since I bought it used. It always was relatively hard starting compared to our other tdi and that complaint has now gone away.

I can't say enough good things about Chad and his great shop. Between him and his dad your car is in excellent hands. I also appreciate the effort he goes to to make sure that he has high quality parts meeting VW specs on hand.

Thanks!!!!!:):):):):):):):)

PS-He had all the parts taken off the car to show me the problems/wear and also the lack of manufactures markings on the parts too. Appears to have been a cheap kit.
Im so glad you heard the noise in time! Thanks again!

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
NB, 2002, green, Eurotek STG1
Shout Out For EuroTec

I just came back from Wichita, where Chad and his dad Danny did a Stage 1 on my bug, plus they discovered the coolant thermostat was stuck open so they fixed that, too, and they swapped in a clean intake. I can definitely feel the extra hp and torque, and it was put to the test on the way back Sunday to OKC. I drove through probably one of the roughest headwinds/crosswinds I've experienced in many years. The bug really used to struggle to keep a steady speed in the face of strong headwinds, but I definitely noticed the cruise was able to maintain noticeably easier during the 3 hour drive south. My mileage sucked, of course, lol...I got 45 coming up with a tailwind and no a/c, and 39+ coming back, but I stayed above the speed limit with the a/c on the whole time and nary a struggle. Engine is smooth as silk and my merges onto the interstate are a bit more fun now, lol.

Chad, the smoke is all but gone, and the miss is also history. Very pleased!

I'm also amazed Chad was even born, given all the hair-rasing stories Danny told of his motorcycle escapades when younger, lol. :eek:

Chad@EuroTec

Vendor
TDI
I just came back from Wichita, where Chad and his dad Danny did a Stage 1 on my bug, plus they discovered the coolant thermostat was stuck open so they fixed that, too, and they swapped in a clean intake. I can definitely feel the extra hp and torque, and it was put to the test on the way back Sunday to OKC. I drove through probably one of the roughest headwinds/crosswinds I've experienced in many years. The bug really used to struggle to keep a steady speed in the face of strong headwinds, but I definitely noticed the cruise was able to maintain noticeably easier during the 3 hour drive south. My mileage sucked, of course, lol...I got 45 coming up with a tailwind and no a/c, and 39+ coming back, but I stayed above the speed limit with the a/c on the whole time and nary a struggle. Engine is smooth as silk and my merges onto the interstate are a bit more fun now, lol.
Chad, the smoke is all but gone, and the miss is also history. Very pleased!
I'm also amazed Chad was even born, given all the hair-rasing stories Danny told of his motorcycle escapades when younger, lol. :eek:
I hope we kept you entertained while your car kept us busy! Good to hear everything has smoothed out nicely. Thank you again for making the trip to come see us!

weirdajs

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 New Beetle TDI
Chad is very reasonable on prices I think personally. I had a thermostat service and a DSG Transmission service done at Chad's. Now I have to go back to Chad because my check engine light is back on. Which is a appointment at 1p.m. tomorrow for a Malone Tuning to fix the annoying P0128 coolant below temp code.I surprised how quickly he was to respond to my email I sent with AutoScan.txt file. This was a Sunday not many mechanics to my knowledge answer emails on their days off. Kudos for that Chad. Chad even got my window fixed where it goes up and down for free :) Very pleased with his knowledge and services.

Chad@EuroTec

Vendor
TDI
Chad is very reasonable on prices I think personally. I had a thermostat service and a DSG Transmission service done at Chad's. Now I have to go back to Chad because my check engine light is back on. Which is a appointment at 1p.m. tomorrow for a Malone Tuning to fix the annoying P0128 coolant below temp code.I surprised how quickly he was to respond to my email I sent with AutoScan.txt file. This was a Sunday not many mechanics to my knowledge answer emails on their days off. Kudos for that Chad. Chad even got my window fixed where it goes up and down for free :) Very pleased with his knowledge and services.
We will be seeing you here shortly! Thanks again for your support!

Molal

TDI
2015 Golf TDi SE
Hi guys,

I visited Chad yesterday afternoon for my 50K service. It was my first time at Chads and he was awesome. Friendly, very helpful and clearly knows his stuff. It's great to know a local guru!

Thank you for the great service!

Molal (Tim)

Chad@EuroTec

Vendor
TDI
Hi guys,

I visited Chad yesterday afternoon for my 50K service. It was my first time at Chads and he was awesome. Friendly, very helpful and clearly knows his stuff. It's great to know a local guru!

Thank you for the great service!

Molal (Tim)
Tim, thanks a bunch for giving us the chance to service your Passat. We greatly appreciate the feedback, and hope to see you in 10,000 miles. Thank you again for the business, as well as good conversation!

bjg4602

TDI
B4 '96 Passat
Still the go to guy

I found Chad on this forum when I had 2 cars go down at the same time. I've done my own work for years but due to health issues, I had to find someone that loved Audis and VWs. I took both cars to his house and in a short time he had the issues resolved. I still do my own little things but timing belts and water pumps go straight to Chad without a second thought. Due to Chad's "magic", my last Audi made it to 227,000 miles before an accident put it down. My latest Audi has 87,000 miles and with Chad's help - it should see at least that many as well.

You can count on Chad to treat you right.

Regards,

Jeff

Chad@EuroTec

Vendor
TDI
I found Chad on this forum when I had 2 cars go down at the same time. I've done my own work for years but due to health issues, I had to find someone that loved Audis and VWs. I took both cars to his house and in a short time he had the issues resolved. I still do my own little things but timing belts and water pumps go straight to Chad without a second thought. Due to Chad's "magic", my last Audi made it to 227,000 miles before an accident put it down. My latest Audi has 87,000 miles and with Chad's help - it should see at least that many as well.

You can count on Chad to treat you right.

Regards,

Jeff
Thank you for the kind words Jeff:) We can get this Audi there as well!

Cumbres

Just wanted to update those that have used Chad in the past. He has moved a little bit south of where he used to be and is now in his very own newly purchased building. Got a tour of it today and it is very nice. 4 lifts and much more space. His new address is 1655 S West St. still in Wichita, KS. Always does great work. New Website: https://www.europrosllc.com We have been taking our 2 Jetta's to him for several years now and we remain very satisfied customers.

Chad@EuroTec

Vendor
TDI
Just wanted to update those that have used Chad in the past. He has moved a little bit south of where he used to be and is now in his very own newly purchased building. Got a tour of it today and it is very nice. 4 lifts and much more space. His new address is 1655 S West St. still in Wichita, KS. Always does great work. New Website: https://www.europrosllc.com We have been taking our 2 Jetta's to him for several years now and we remain very satisfied customers.
Thank you for the update! I will go update the original post!

And of course, thank you for the review and continued support!