Upload Site Live - Just uploaded Docs

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
There is no fix approved yet for any of the affected cars. If and when one is approved, the fix for MY2015 cars will be done in two stages, and you'll get 2/3 of the payment for the first stage, 1/3 for the second stage. The fix for any other cars will be a single stage, and you'll get a single payment when it is done--again, assuming one is approved at all.

Blown284

TDI
2014 VW Passat TDI
Finally got my notification about the car that they accepted my paperwork. I fax'd documents and they contacted me via email a few days later. Scheduled to take the car back Feb 2nd.

Can't wait to get rid of this car. NEVER EVER purchasing another VW --- did I mention EVER? LOL.

da_jokker

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta
I was part of the group of us that uploaded our documents as soon as the site went live, which was actually before the final gavel fell.

I never had any rejections are any issues other than I just couldn't get my offer letter. It finally came a few days before Christmas. I signed notarized and uploaded it the next day, and today I got my approval and made a buyback appointment.

Unfortunately the first one available isn't until February. But I had a feeling it wasn't going to be right around the corner so the TDI I will just sit in my garage.

Meanwhile I would have dropped into the next lower mileage bracket so I guess I can't complain.

Paulman

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI (buyback at 109,000miles) 2014 Jetta TDI 59,000miles
Offer letter received today, 12/28. Offer letter accepted and faxed from dealership today, 12/28.

The dealership recommended that I also submit scans in addition to the fax. What do you think?

I'm in NC. When do you think my appointment might be?

Paulus

Mr. Furious

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I'm in NC. When do you think my appointment might be?
Depends on where in NC. Southern States in Durham has several appointments the second week in February. The others in the Triangle have some later in the month, at least as of 12/25 when the appointment reset glitch happened.

cmschmie

TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE 6MT
Offer letter received and submitted today.
Only concern (and it is a big one) is what mileage is that offer good for?
No where on the paperwork did it mention it, I called the Claim Helpline and the lady said that since I had put 36,000 miles on my paperwork when I first signed up (in June!!) that the offer is good to 45,000 miles. This royally sucks because I have 46,200 on it now.

It sounds like none of this will be hashed out until I go in for my appointment, which will be who knows when, and they state that the offer no longer valid due to the miles.

Not sure what to do other than wait....

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
Not sure what to do other than wait....
What is in the letter is only an estimate and in many cases, is wrong. What you are entitled to is the compensation computed in accordance with the formulae in the settlement. There are calculators on this site where you can enter your relevant data on your car, the buyback month, and the buyback mileage. The calculator will calculate what you are entitled to under the settlement. And as that is what you are legally entitled to, that is what you will get.

Suggest you opt for the EFT rather than the check. If you opt for the check, and the buyback price you are entitled to turns out to be less than what is estimated in the letter, you may have to reschedule your appointment to a future date. That was the reported experience by one poster, who described his experience under the title "Buyback rejected" or something like that.

Rubycat

TDI
2014 VW Beetle TDI
I went ahead and purchased a Subaru, which calmed my anxiety greatly. I drive my Beetle 2x week to keep it happy and preserve the miles. But I will have made 2 more car payments on it since the final number I was given 12/11. Anyone know if VW will make adjustments at the time of buyback or will have to wait 3 months for Wells Fargo to reimburse me?

cmschmie

TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE 6MT
Offer letter received, signed/uploaded, and accepted on 12/30!
Earliest time for me is Valentines week. Need to figure out what to do now. I'm concerned my mileage will go over into the next bracket if I drive it much (I put 500 miles a week on it). I could buy a new car now, but the wife nixed that idea just in case VW hoses us.

Mr. Furious

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I'm concerned my mileage will go over into the next bracket if I drive it much (I put 500 miles a week on it). I could buy a new car now, but the wife nixed that idea just in case VW hoses us.
I'm right on the razor's edge of the next mileage bracket, and I created various models based on potential turn-in dates and average mileage. I was fortunate in that the earliest date I could do was 2/2, but I would have gritted my teeth and waited until 3/1 if my earliest date was mid-to-late February, as it would have gotten me another $480.

cmschmie

TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE 6MT
I'm right on the razor's edge of the next mileage bracket, and I created various models based on potential turn-in dates and average mileage. I was fortunate in that the earliest date I could do was 2/2, but I would have gritted my teeth and waited until 3/1 if my earliest date was mid-to-late February, as it would have gotten me another $480.
Mind if I ask for the formula or method you used to determine the mileage bracket?
Using the generic one online (that almost all websites have), I am more than okay but I want to see what others are doing to confirm.

kjohnson129

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI SEL
Mind if I ask for the formula or method you used to determine the mileage bracket?
Using the generic one online (that almost all websites have), I am more than okay but I want to see what others are doing to confirm.
Adjusted mileage = current - (12,500/12)* number of months from Sept '15 to turn in

The value changes when the adjusted mileage crosses over a 5,000 mile bracket

kitarkus

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI
I'm selling back this Thursday 01/05/16 in KC. The car has been cleaned out and I only need to remove the license plate prior to buyback. I purchased a new Acura prior to the Holidays and have been allowing anyone/everyone who is in town to use the VW during their Holiday visit to KC. I'm not sure that I'll ever buy another VW again, however, this Sportwagen was the best car buy that I've ever made lol. 3.5 years ownership....42K miles...and selling back for $1500+/- less than purchase price. Moving on.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Finally got around to uploading pictures of our DLs. Noticed that there is no where to upload the backs anymore, so called the help line. After about 15 minutes on hold, finally got a warm body. She said that they no longer require the backs of the DL. About 30 minutes after uploading the new pictures, I have all green check marks. Now to wait and see if I am approved for the buyback! I'm so nervous.:eek::rolleyes:
Got the offer letter on Dec 14, exactly 10 business days from submitting. Returned it this morning and got the full acceptance with turn in dates about 15 minutes later. First available dates are not until end of Feb though. I'll look at the other dealers in Charlotte and see if anyone has something sooner.

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
Got the offer letter on Dec 14, exactly 10 business days from submitting. Returned it this morning and got the full acceptance with turn in dates about 15 minutes later. First available dates are not until end of Feb though. I'll look at the other dealers in Charlotte and see if anyone has something sooner.
I changed mine to Paramount in Hickory. They had appointments 2 weeks earlier then everyone else.

kitarkus

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI
I completed my buy back this morning. There were no suprises:

(1) We recvd. a dusting of 2-3 inches of snow last night and my JSW could barely obtain enough footing to get to the dealer
(2) The hired 'gun' tasked to complete the buy back had the personality of a DMV help desk employee. She was hired solely to do buy-backs and told me she was trained at home.
(3) The amount of the check is exactly the amount of the original Offer. I have made two additional payments totalling nearly $800 since VW obtained the pay-off amount (from themselves...I have VW credit). As expected, VW made zero effort to obtain a more recent pay-off amount.

Unfortunately, I also expect (despite my 0% interest loan with VW Credit) that VW will delay paying off the loan....thus delaying the return of my $800 overpayment. I'm guessing I'll get a call on Feb. 3 from VW credit asking "you need to make a payment because your loan is not paid off".

While the VW JSW was an OK car...and this buy-back was certainly a great deal...I will not miss my JSW or VW whatsoever. The dealership had the feel of a morgue. Not a single patron. Loads of young and seemingly unqualified sales agents staring at their smart phones. Not one of them bothered to even say "hello".

Good riddance.

quattroginger

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Passat SEL
i am curious what have been peoples results been regarding payments made while waiting for paperwork etc. a guy at work with a 14 sel passat called 1 week after submitting initial documentation and they suspended his payments. he does have his loan through VW.

i submitted my initial request with documentation (step 15) Wednesday at 1pm and it went to green checkmarks at 2am next day. have a payment in a few days. guess i should of waited to make a little easier.

Last edited:

coers

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW JETTA TDI, BLACK EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR AND 6SPD MANUAL
Finally going in today to turn my car in. Have an 430pm appointment so I hope it wont take long so I can get to the bank at 5. How long did most folks take to turning your car in at the dealer? hoping maybe 10-15 minutes and im out.

kitarkus

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI
Finally going in today to turn my car in. Have an 430pm appointment so I hope it wont take long so I can get to the bank at 5. How long did most folks take to turning your car in at the dealer? hoping maybe 10-15 minutes and im out.
It was a very short trip. Your representative will have a sealed envelope ready to go. Expect your buy off payment to be less than you expect...by at least 1 or two car payments...unless you had/have no loan on your vehicle. Despite what the website told you....they will have all paperwork ready to go....and you do not need to waste your time filling anything out yourself in advance.

I returned my car last Thursday. I found the experience to be fast/easy, however, VW decreased their status with me even further. They were rude and unable to answer any questions whatsoever. The salesmen at the dealership were so bored staring at their phone screens (all of them!) that I didn't even get a "hello" during the 15-30 minutes spent at the dealer....not even when I was 'kicking the tires' on the AllTrack sitting on the showroom floor. Most importantly, the 'hired gun' VW representative was unable to explain why they pulled my loan payoff information from two months prior (and 1 day prior to my loan payment due date from two payments ago).....she was exasperated.....tired.....and an all around grumpy-puss. Despite my best efforts to be upbeat and cordial....there was no way to get this gal to smile.

I am now on hold with VW Credit. For some odd reason VW Credit has locked me out of online access "due to security concerns" lol. I was merely logging in (for the first time in many weeks) to ascertain whether VW has paid off my remaining loan balance. I need for VW to pay-off VW Credit so that I can get the $800 overpayment back....and prior to my next loan payment due date. How absurd would it be to turn your car in on January 5th.....and be forced to make another payment on February 3rd......only to have to wait through an inexplicable bureaucracy to get that payment returned! I wouldn't put it past VW.

Ya...I get it...VW has a mountain of claims to pay off....making their task(s) logistically difficult. I still can't help but laugh at the absurd stupidity of it all. There are many reasons why I won't purchase another VW for a long long time...if ever. This latest shinanigans is merely the tip of a proverbial iceburg.

Edit: 30 minutes on hold with VW Credit and still waiting for a representative. Very bad hold music. Bigly and badly.

Last edited:

coers

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW JETTA TDI, BLACK EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR AND 6SPD MANUAL
Well hopefully I have a good experience and wont have to deal with that crap. They got my payoff on the 22nd of Dec so mine shouldn't be that far off. I mad January's payment so hopefully it'll be close.
It was a very short trip. Your representative will have a sealed envelope ready to go. Expect your buy off payment to be less than you expect...by at least 1 or two car payments...unless you had/have no loan on your vehicle.

I returned my car last Thursday. I found the experience to be fast/easy, however, VW decreased their status with me even further. They were rude and unable to answer any questions whatsoever. Most importantly they were unable to explain why they pulled my loan payoff information from two months prior (and 1 day prior to my loan payment due date from two payments ago).

I am now on hold with VW Credit. For some odd reason VW Credit has locked me out of online access "due to security concerns" lol. I was merely logging in (for the first time in many weeks) to ascertain whether VW has paid off my remaining loan balance. I need for VW to pay-off VW Credit so that I can get the $800 overpayment back....and prior to my next loan payment due date.

Ya...I get it...VW has a mountain of claims to pay off....making their task(s) logistically difficult. I still can't help but laugh at the absurd stupidity of it all. There are many reasons why I won't purchase another VW for a long long time...if ever. This latest shinanigans is merely the tip of a proverbial iceburg.

kitarkus

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI
Well by gosh and by golly. VW Credit reports to have received my loan payoff funds from VW on 01/05/2017 and they have a refund for me. They state that the refund will be mailed 15 days after loan payoff (Jan. 20th) and I can report that the amount is correct within $3. I can see the finish line....breathing hard.....nearly there....I can make it.

Meanwhile enjoying my new gas guzzling, quiet, comfortable, refined, spacious, lovely smelling, Acura MDX. Goodbye VW.

nikdfish

TDI
2015 Golf TDI Sportwagon SEL
Got the offer letter a while back but put off doing anything til the "fix" was announced. Did the notary thing today & uploaded the scan. Got the "offer letter complete" email about an hour & 15 minutes later. Next step is setting up the service visit.

Nick

walshjt53

TDI
2013 Jetta Sportswagon
2013 JSW Buyback

I returned my car on saturday 1/14. Everything was prepared and the process took less than 25 minutes. I was concerened about two dents in the drivers door and front fender but they said not to worry. They removed my plates and canceled my registration on the spot. I had my payment electronically transfered to my bank. They said it could be up to 3 days. Monday I received an email from JP Morgan Chase that I needed to create an account in order to transfer the money. I did this late Monday evening and the money was in my account today. They did have my loan amount incorrect but they said I should recieve another payment for the balance they owe in 10 days. I too had made sdditional payments since the process started and the system does not take that into account. Mileage was only 44,005 so I 'm wondering if there might be a little more in the end. A little longer than I expected but overall fairly smooth. They also mentioned that they have approval on the 3.0 and are starting fix.

Blown284

TDI
2014 VW Passat TDI
Turned in my TDI this past Monday and so glad to have this whole facade done. This was my first and probably last VW! Loving my 335d!

turborod

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI Sport Wagon
***. How come going so smoothly with everybody else but me
Faxed in the acceptance docs late November. They couldn't read b/c of poor quality.
Sent in the original notarized docs overnight over 30 days ago. Still waiting. When speaking with reps it's b/c overwhelmed.
Meantime it's parked.
Then again I'm driving my 2015 328d Idrive Sportwagon.....

1reason2stay?

TDI
2010 VW Jetta Sport Wagon
I just got my offer letter. I have a loan with my local bank that will have a balance after VW pays. The offer letter says that I have to bring a check for the balance to made out to VW???? Is this true? Thought I could just pay my bank and not VW???? Help, anyone else have this?

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
The bank won't release the title to VW until the loan is paid, so this is VW's way of ensuring there are no complications, especially considering you'll no longer have the car as collateral, or incentive to pay.