Buy Back Spreadsheet - Track our buyback status

speedrye

Veteran Member
TDI
13 JSW DSG, 14 JSW DSG
My name/ info disappeared from the spreadsheet? Should I reenter?

I reentered my data.
It probably just got sorted to a different location. My name has been all over the spreadsheet and it's a pain to find sometimes, but it's always there.

cracklepop

TDI
2009 Jetta sedan, manual trans.
I received my offer this morning. Will have it notarized at lunch and upload afterwards. The spreadsheet won't come up, probably busy, but will attempt later.

sabbotage

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Sedan
Got mine today too. Already notarized and uploaded.

This buyback spreadsheet is super popular. I've been trying for a few hours to get it to load :(

PDXA3TDI

TDI
2011 A3
Anyone else just get kicked back a step today? They report to court how hard they are trying, look at how many many docs we have marked complete (never mind they tiny number with appointments), then knock us back a step after meeting with court? Very Bottom edge of my free-clear title was not visible, but all relevant info clearly visible. I need more columns to reflect my docs accepted email/all-green-checks in October got kicked back on December 2nd!!!

Circuit

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Just got my buyback approved. Going to schedule tonight (sent in notarized packet 11/21)

Edit: Dec 17 @ 11:30am

Last edited:

turboBear

TDI
2013 Golf TDI (sold back to VW 2016/12/28)
Went back through email, here's my detailed timeline for anyone interested

2016/7/27 - Signed up on Claims Portal
2016/9/26 - Notified documents completely received
2016/10/23 - Notified documents complete and under eligibility determination review
2016/11/29 - Notified offer extended from VW, offer letter dated 2016/11/21
2016/12/3 - Uploaded signed/notarized documents, notified documents received
2016/12/7 - Notified papers accepted, buy-back appointment scheduled for
2016/12/28 - Buyback completed at Ciocca VW in Allentown PA, total time 20 minutes, completed by 10:30 AM; e-mail receipt received immediately, waiting on EFT completion to close out the whole process.
2016/12/29 - JPMorgan/Chase EFT email notification received of payout, direct deposit requested to non-Chase account (so I expect it by January 3rd or 4th).
2016/12/30 - Chase EFT completed and money in my bank 8:00am the next day. Nice surprise.
2017/1/17 - Received VW Credit payoff letter dated 2017/1/12 for the TDI, now completed cleared from CAS activities.

I have a hard time thinking VWAG pushed out money to me w/o doing the same for our VW Credit loan for the TDI, but that will be last thing to check up on, in a week or two.

notes:
- Financed through VW with outstanding balance
- Buy-back specialized seemed competent, claims to be processing about 8/day; claims VW allows for 1 hour per appointment but the longest she had took 30 minutes; she claims to be working two VW dealerships and one Audi, regularly.
- Cioccca VW actual staff were friendly, solicitous but not excessively so, but then I'd arranged via my bank (USAA) to be purchasing a replacement vehicle ahead of time so that was expected. Total time in dealership for both transactions was just over 2 hours.

Last edited:

MaczPayne

TDI
2009 Volkswagen Jetta
What proof does VW need in order to prove a car was running after 9/18? I don't see those details anywhere.

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
What proof does VW need in order to prove a car was running after 9/18? I don't see those details anywhere.
Maybe an EZ Pass statement. A subsequent state inspection. How about a speeding ticket?

TDIsoup

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
Just got my offer approved and scheduled my appointment for return.

So My updated numbers are:
9/20 - Docs Uploaded
10/20 - Docs Accepted
11/22 - Offer Letter Received, Notarized and Uploaded
12/3 - Final Offer Approved and Return Scheduled for 12/17

dan30thz28

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed Manual 2013 VW Sportwagen TDI 6-Speed Manual
11/14/16- Docs Uploaded
11/15/16 - Docs Accepted

Still waiting to hear anything else. Anyone actually get their check yet? Can't get into the spreadsheet, and I've been trying for an hour now.

Sincerely,

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
9/19 download/11/14 verified - ----------------chirp

Looking through the spreadsheet I try to make sense of why i am still without an offer? One of the first to have doc's downloaded (9/19). 3 unique vehicles including a clean title, a 3rd party financed, and 1, 2 owner privately finance. Picked 3 different dealers, and yet looking at the spreadsheet all 3 have lagged through each phase. There are 11/18's with offers already that had financing, yet my owned outright is sitting there.

Is there anyone else with a clear title that was verified prior to 11/14 that still is waiting? I was told by a VW rep that all my claims where approved by the 3rd party auditor on the 22nd of Nov, and it seems like the 25th was a big day for offers on claims verified on the 15th or sooner, but mine is lost out there.

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
I have a clear title car, documents verified on 11/14, and nothing since.
Seems like the issue is not with the 3rd party. I bet yours where approved by the 22nd also, so 1 week turn around.

The issue is VW or what ever party is putting the offers together. I have read where some offers where prepared and just sitting waiting to be emailed.

That seems like they are trying to delay the turn in. Many threads tal:confused:king about 15 to 30 minute buybacks with ambassadors only having 1 to 3 appointments???

Michael A

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW Touareg TDI Executive
Just want to tell of my experience today.

I received my offer last Sunday 11/30 and uploaded docs on Monday 11/31. I haven't heard anything further but it seems that the lead time is 10 business days/2 weeks from upload time to scheduling appointment. So I would expect to hear something the week of Dec 12th. I am no rush, easy peasy.

I was car shopping a bit today and happened upon my local VW dealer to look at a new GTI/Golf R. Upon entering I was approached by someone that appeared a little more official than the standard salesman. He happened to be 1 of the buy back liaisons at the dealer. Really nice guy who appeared to be a bit of a car enthusiast. He told me this was the dealers first day of doing buy backs. He and the GM of the dealer told me that the VW advised the them on Friday to tell all TDI customers to call the 800 number to help expedite and/or obtain buy back dates.

Also the GM was more then willing right off the bat to sell me a 2017 GTI SE PP DSG for invoice LESS $3k in rebates. MSRP of $33,3xx would cost $28,8xx, so roughly $4,500 off.

Monday I think I will call and see what happens.

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
Also the GM was more then willing right off the bat to sell me a 2017 GTI SE PP DSG for invoice LESS $3k in rebates. MSRP of $33,3xx would cost $28,8xx, so roughly $4,500 off.
Sure he would. They are out there for 7k off msrp. He would love to sell you that SE for 29k.

New 2017 Volkswagen Golf GTI SE 4-Door
SAVE
$24,925 MSRP $32,250 Lindsay Volkswagen of Dulles ~ 308 mi away
Pure White (ext) | Titan Black (int)
6-Speed Manual | FWD

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/683471138/overview/

Marlyece

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI DSG
I received my offer last Sunday 11/30 and uploaded docs on Monday 11/31. I haven't heard anything further but it seems that the lead time is 10 business days/2 weeks from upload time to scheduling appointment. So I would expect to hear something the week of Dec 12th. I am no rush, easy peasy.
I was car shopping a bit today and happened upon my local VW dealer to look at a new GTI/Golf R. Upon entering I was approached by someone that appeared a little more official than the standard salesman. He happened to be 1 of the buy back liaisons at the dealer. Really nice guy who appeared to be a bit of a car enthusiast. He told me this was the dealers first day of doing buy backs. He and the GM of the dealer told me that the VW advised the them on Friday to tell all TDI customers to call the 800 number to help expedite and/or obtain buy back dates.
Calling in to the 800# the many times I have hasn't done anything to light a fire under anyone's @$$ thus far, I'm not sure what will make them want to help us expedite the process now. I guess it's nice to be hopeful. I'm cynical, I guess.

Michael A

Veteran Member
TDI
Sure he would. They are out there for 7k off msrp. He would love to sell you that SE for 29k.
New 2017 Volkswagen Golf GTI SE 4-Door
SAVE
$24,925 MSRP $32,250 Lindsay Volkswagen of Dulles ~ 308 mi away
Pure White (ext) | Titan Black (int)
6-Speed Manual | FWD

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/683471138/overview/
There adding $820 freight and $579 processing fee onto that deal and that car is a manual. So $24,925 + $1k DSG + $820 Freight and $579 processing fee =$27.300 which is still about $1,500 less than a NY/NJ dealer so it might be worth it to fly down and drive back.

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
There adding $820 freight and $579 processing fee onto that deal and that car is a manual. So $24,925 + $1k DSG + $820 Freight and $579 processing fee =$27.300 which is still about $1,500 less t
han a NY/NJ dealer so it might be worth it to fly down and drive back.
Very true. Didn't state the the 29k was out the door. Just said 4500 off msrp. These are 7k off msrp.

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
There adding $820 freight and $579 processing fee onto that deal and that car is a manual. So $24,925 + $1k DSG + $820 Freight and $579 processing fee =$27.300 which is still about $1,500 less than a NY/NJ dealer so it might be worth it to fly down and drive back.
Wow, I guess I am cheap. I lived in Edison NJ and would gladly drive 5 hours to save 1500, but that is me.

Heck I live in NC now and will be flying to DC to Lindsay VW to save a couple K's. Well worth it for me. Will pay for the Christmas presents for the wifey and kids this year.

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
I received my offer last Sunday 11/30 and uploaded docs on Monday 11/31. I haven't heard anything further but it seems that the lead time is 10 business days/2 weeks from upload time to scheduling appointment. So I would expect to hear something the week of Dec 12th.
Sunday 11/30??? I thought Sunday was the 27th. And Monday, 11/31? Has been a while since there has been a Nov 31st.
Personal experiences are great, but they have to be based on a bit of reality.

Michael A

Veteran Member
TDI
Sunday 11/30??? I thought Sunday was the 27th. And Monday, 11/31? Has been a while since there has been a Nov 31st.
Personal experiences are great, but they have to be based on a bit of reality.
Sorry moved my calendar back one month to far. It was Sunday 27th I received my offers and Monday 28th that I uploaded.

JMugmon

TDI
2012 Golf TDI
I received a call from my local VW dealer who said "I understand you are near the end of getting your buy back. If you would like to just come in with your offer letter we will give you that amount towards a new VW; so you don't have to wait for the check." I thought that type of solicitation was off limits? I don't want a VW. I would think this type of solicitation could be construed as improper to take advantage of people tired of waiting and waiting and waiting.

Last edited:

Hdzammo

TDI
2013 Jetta, 2014 golf
Initial submission: about 11-5-16
Offer received: 11-17-16
Notarized and returned: 11-18-16
Accepted: 12-1-16
Scheduled for: 12-16-16

Been lurking for a while,but finally created a profile. Big thanks to the site for all the information, it was a big help truly. I have 2 TDIs and the dates are the same for both, hold title to both so no liens.

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
Initial submission: about 11-5-16
Offer received: 11-17-16
Notarized and returned: 11-18-16
Accepted: 12-1-16
Scheduled for: 12-16-16
Been lurking for a while,but finally created a profile. Big thanks to the site for all the information, it was a big help truly. I have 2 TDIs and the dates are the same for both, hold title to both so no liens.
Oh. I hate you!!! ;)

Kidding, but jealous for sure. Submitted on 11/5 and already have a date? So 11/5 was when you downloaded you doc's for verification? Darn.

I'm sure you know how fortunate you are.:)

Eggieztdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Man. 2015 TDIs
It probably just got sorted to a different location. My name has been all over the spreadsheet and it's a pain to find sometimes, but it's always there.

A tip to help you quickly find your inputted data. Hit control F on your keyboard, type the name you used on the spreadsheet. It will jump you directly to your name.

JMugmon

TDI
2012 Golf TDI
Received my Buy Back schedule and paperwork this morning at 12:35am. I thought I would share some of the content. Here is the Buy Back Closing Checklist:

2.0-Liter Settlement Claims Program
Buyback Checklist

Below is a list of items that you are required to bring to your closing appointment.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-844-98-CLAIM.

REMINDER: The final payment to you will depend on the mileage on your vehicle at the time of the appointment. If, on the day of your
appointment, your mileage is in excess of the range expected based on the mileage you have entered, and you chose to be paid by check, the
appointment could be rescheduled so that a new check can be processed with the adjusted amount. If your mileage is less than the expected
range on that day, a second check for the amount of the resulting additional compensation will be mailed to you. If you chose to be paid by
EFT, your EFT payment will be adjusted accordingly.

PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS TO YOUR CLOSING
Government Issued Photo ID for Each Listed Registered Owner
If you filed this claim on behalf of another individual, please bring your Photo ID as well as a legible copy of the individual’s Photo
ID.
If there is more than one Registered Owner, all Registered Owners must be present at the closing appointment or you will need
to bring a legible copy of a Photo ID for each Registered Owner.

Government Issued Photo ID for Each Listed Titleholder, if applicable
If any name(s) on the Title is different than the name(s) of the Registered Owner(s), you will need to bring a legible copy of a
Photo ID for each individual whose name appears on the title. This is not necessary if the additional listed Titleholder is your
lender.

Notarized Power of Attorney for Titleholder(s), if applicable
If each Titleholder cannot be present at the closing appointment, you will need to bring a notarized Power of Attorney
demonstrating that the Titleholder(s) have granted you authority to transact the Buyback. A copy of a Power of Attorney Form
can be found here https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/en/docs/Forms/Limited_Power_of_Attorney.pdf]. This is not necessary
if the additional listed Titleholder is your lender.

2.0-Liter TDI Vehicle whose VIN Matches the VIN Associated with Your Claim
Remember that the vehicle must be driven under its own 2.0-liter engine power in order to complete the Buyback.

Transferable Title, if applicable
If you possess the title to your vehicle, you must bring the original title to your closing. Please be sure to check the back of your
title to ensure that there is space for you to sign over title to Volkswagen. If there is not a blank space for the Buyback
transaction, you will need to obtain a new title from your DMV or similar government agency. This is not necessary if you have a
loan and your lender possesses the title to your vehicle.
If you have any liens on your Title, other than a vehicle financing loan, you must pay off all liens before you can transfer your Title
to Volkswagen. If there is a lien showing on your Title at the time of your Buyback transaction, Volkswagen will require proof
that the lien has been satisfied before your Buyback can occur.

Certified Check, if applicable
If your offer letter indicated that you owe money to Volkswagen to proceed with your Buyback, you are required to bring a
certified check made out to Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. Personal checks will not be accepted.

All Keys and Key FOBs

Remove Personal Items
As a reminder, please remove all personal items from the vehicle before the closing appointment. Personal items may include:
phone chargers, toll transponders (such as EZPass), garage door openers, third-party navigation systems (such as Garmin) and car
seats. Once the closing appointment is completed, the vehicle will be transported and Volkswagen will be unable to access the
vehicle to obtain personal items.
---------------------------------------------------------LEASE TERMINATION BELOW------------------------------------------------------
2.0-Liter Settlement Claims Program
Lease Termination

Below is a list of items that you are required to bring to your closing appointment.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-844-98-CLAIM.
Please note that your vehicle will be subject to an end-of-lease inspection in accordance with the terms of your
Lease Agreement. You will be responsible for any fees for excess mileage (beyond the total mileage allowed
under the full term of the lease contract and not a pro-rated total mileage), wear and use, and any late payments
and related fees, or costs associated with personal property tax, tickets, tolls or any other assessments owed per
the terms of your Lease Agreement. You should continue to make any payments on your lease during this period.
Volkswagen will not be responsible for any late payments or penalties associated with failure to make lease
payments.
PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS TO YOUR CLOSING

Government Issued Photo ID for Each Lessee
If you filed this claim on behalf of another individual, please bring your Photo ID as well as a legible copy of the individual’s
Photo ID.
If there is more than one Lessee, all Lessees must be present at the closing appointment or you will need to bring a legible copy
of a Photo ID for each Lessee.

Notarized Power of Attorney
for Leaseholder(s), if applicable
If each Lessee cannot be present at the closing appointment, you will need to bring a notarized Power of Attorney
demonstrating that the Lessee(s) has granted you authority to transact the Early Lease Termination on his or her behalf. A copy
of a Power of Attorney Form can be found here
https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/en/docs/Forms/Limited_Power_of_Attorney.pdf].

2.0-Liter TDI Vehicle whose VIN Matches the VIN Associated with Your Claim
Remember that the vehicle must be driven under its own 2.0-liter engine power in order to complete the Early Lease
Termination.

All Keys and Key FOBs

Remove Personal Items
As a reminder, please remove all personal items from the vehicle before the closing appointment. Personal items may include:
phone chargers, toll transponders (such as EZPass), garage door openers, third-party navigation systems (such as Garmin) and
car seats. Once the closing appointment is completed, the vehicle will be transported and Volkswagen will be unable to access
the vehicle to obtain personal items

Last edited:

DieselFarm

TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Notary Stamp MUST BE VISIBLE in scanned docs.
Uploaded my notarized offer sometime back. Finally got a rejection notice because the notary used an embossing stamp (crimp) instead of an ink stamp. This will put you to the back of the line for review.
If your notary uses an embosser (raised stamp) that doesn't show on a scanner, lay it face down on an ink pad and gently rub over the back. Oh, and good luck finding an ink pad these days.