Upload Site Live - Just uploaded Docs

Blown284

TDI
2014 VW Passat TDI
Turned in my docs about 3-4 weeks ago which were reviewed and approved. Says that I'll be notified in approx 10 days. That was more than 20 days ago.

What a cluster !#$!$##$@#!$@$#!.

This is the last VW I ever buy... ever.
20+ days with no word. Now when I check online..... it doesn't even have that note anymore and just says "We'll see if you're eligible". I call and there's no updates.... talk about one mishandled freaking thing. VW lost my biz forever.

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
VW lost my biz forever.
I'm sure they knew early on that was the case for many CR TDI owners. At this point, they are clearly not putting in a whole lot of effort. Ex. It wouldn't kill them to send out a brief mailer apologizing for the delay and promising to "make things right" (though that wouldn't really mean anything to most people at this point.

That and keep in mind...they do not understand what the big deal is, as they don't think they did anything wrong. Lagging behind by a few weeks is not even going to register on their Give A F**k meter.

South Coast Guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI wagon
Got my offer letter an hour ago. Got signature notarized (notary said she has done a bunch of them), scanned documents and uploaded. Docs accepted. Yippee!!

msandhu413

TDI
Audi TDI
I have yet to receive any update (still says documents under review). I uploaded my documents on 9/26. I have called many times but only get response that documents are under review and i will receive notification soon.

here is more info my;
documents uploaded 9/26 - received confirmation.
2010 Audi A3
No loans (have title)
mileage - 54k
California.
Salvage title - was registered running for past 2 years.
Purchased it 2 years ago.

Not sure if the delay have to do with salvage title but i read the forum and users have got eligibility approved with salvage title. Not sure why mine is hold up. ANy clue??

Sigp232

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Passat
Got my green check marks on 10/13 and I'm still waiting for a final offer. So CA no loans. Probably most of the VW diesels are here in California so taking longer to go thru them?
I Try to think of a different excuse every day. I hope the person that will look over my papers doesn't choke on a turkey leg and takes time off and I get delayed another 2 months

TDI
2015 Sportwagen
2015 Sportwagen (Paid off)

Uploaded all docs on 5 OCT

14 NOV VW came back and stated the paid internet receipt for registration and the document renewal notice I was sent in the mail was not acceptable (Note: same document set approved for my son), so on 14 NOV I uploaded the actual registration where I peeled the window sticker from. Site stated normally 2 working days to re-evaluate resubmitted docs.

22 Nov VW has finally green check marked (approved) all documents I submitted. Website states they are reviewing to see if I qualify for the buyback program.

I am hoping for early FEB 2017 buy back at this rate.

My strategy is be happy. I am getting 2K more than I paid for the car. I have parked the VW and maybe drive it 10 miles a week. I am just trying to keep the battery charged. Bought a 2016 Honda Pilot and love it. 23 MPG and feels solid.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I'm waiting for them to reject my NC title because when you copy it, the red ink disappears and it says VOID all over the face.
I was wrong. They rejected our licenses as not being legible. All other documents are fine.

kc1174

TDI
Was a 2015 A3 Prem Plus
I was wrong. They rejected our licenses as not being legible. All other documents are fine.
Sorry - that sucks.. we go to all the trouble of taking photos to make sure they're legible and they flat out reject things at random it seems. My NC license wasn't that hard to photograph but i can see how text next to 4d and 8 could clash with the hologram. Makes me wonder if these are simply delay tactics.

cch001

TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen
Getting the run around trying to correct documents

Initially uploaded documents several weeks ago. Two were accepted but I was notified I needed to add a co-registrant to my application (my wife's name is also on the car). There is no way to do this on the website (?!). I've now called 6 times. They can't simply add a name for me. I've been told they need to "reset" my application so I would have to start over - but, they can't do it for 3 days. And of course nothing has changed three days later. Call again. Same story.

Any similar experiences? Resolutions? Thanks.

kc1174

TDI
Was a 2015 A3 Prem Plus
Initially uploaded documents several weeks ago. Two were accepted but I was notified I needed to add a co-registrant to my application (my wife's name is also on the car). There is no way to do this on the website (?!). I've now called 6 times. They can't simply add a name for me. I've been told they need to "reset" my application so I would have to start over - but, they can't do it for 3 days. And of course nothing has changed three days later. Call again. Same story.
Any similar experiences? Resolutions? Thanks.
Not a similar experience sorry, but you might want to email class counsel here and let them know what's going on info@vwclasscounsel.com
Hopefully someone else here had a similar experience and can help but sending an email to those folks seems to help too. My claim was reset too for changing my mind from fix to lease termination but that was before 11/1. Seems the court dropped the ball on specifics on the claim process and all the resets the administrators get away with seemingly because of a poorly built website.

yehaman

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
Just received my final letter this morning @ 6:45am.Uploaded 9/19, accepted 10/18, Final letter this morning. #'s right in line with what I was anticipating....

Jimmy Coconuts

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW, 2010 Jetta, 2011 Q7 Prestige, 2012 A3 Premium, 2013 A3 Premium Plus, 2014 Beetle, 2015 Jetta
Just received my final letter this morning @ 6:45am.Uploaded 9/19, accepted 10/18, Final letter this morning. #'s right in line with what I was anticipating....
Congrats! Pleasantly surprised to hear they are working on claims today. I thought they were off all weekend for the holiday.

yehaman

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
Congrats! Pleasantly surprised to hear they are working on claims today. I thought they were off all weekend for the holiday.
Went to the Bank, got it notarized and emailed everything back to them this afternoon. Hope to get this wrapped up soon. Took longer than I expected to get my offer, but it came so they're working.....oh, and the letter was dated yesterday for what it's worth.

Jamos

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta SW
I uploaded our notarized offer packet 8 days ago and have heard nothing.

It seems that the process is slowing to a halt, just as the actual buybacks are beginning.

NOLAJay

TDI
2011 JSW
My documents got rejected. "Please enter correct names on Power of Attorney form."

I checked it over, and everything looks good to me, so I called the help line.

"William" pulled up the notes on my claim and told me "your wife's name is missing from line 7 on page 1."

"But William -- my wife's name is in line 6, for registered owner. Line 7 says '...or registered entity.' My wife is not a registered entity."

"Well, they want her name on that line."

So, I resubmitted the forms "correctly" with her name in line 7.

I hope I haven't delayed my buyback.

TDI
just looking to purchase
I just got my claim amount, $1,500 less then what court settle indicated with no explanation given but at this point I will accept and walk away from volkswagon as fast and as far as I can. What a sour taste this has left in my mouth. I feel badly for the volkswagon dealerships who really also got screwed over big time. I won't trust this whole thing until I have $ in my account.

Boosted_Teg

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI premium
I just got my claim amount, $1,500 less then what court settle indicated with no explanation given but at this point I will accept and walk away from volkswagon as fast and as far as I can. What a sour taste this has left in my mouth. I feel badly for the volkswagon dealerships who really also got screwed over big time. I won't trust this whole thing until I have $ in my account.
Did you enter the miles on the car incorrectly when you register with the portal?

da_jokker

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta
Question...has anyone that has called in actually been able to speed up the process?

I've seen a lot of postwar people have gotten more details or status updates, but just wondering if calling in actually moves you to the next step? I've been in that document approved awaiting proposal for about a month now, but haven't bothered calling in because I want to sit on the car for 2 months to drop into the next lower mileage bracket anyway.

seth1065

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW with DSG, Panoroof, rear air bags and the always fun velcro blocks, Blue with beige int
Ok VW folks must be back from their turkey dinner, today my status changed from waiting on your fax to "Document received and under review," I faxed them one week ago but I knew faxing would take longer than emailing so hopefully they are working through the bottleneck of everyone rushing to file.

johnmharte

TDI
2013 JSW TDI - 6MT/Nav/Pano
In my case I had uploaded on 10/10, documents were approved 11/2. I had not received any kind of offer.

So, I had assistants call 3 days in a row 11/21-23.
Finally, on 11/23 a rep looked up my claim and said, OH, your vehicle registration document was not accepted b/c it was chopped in 1/2 only showing the 'tax receipt' section.
Come to find out some other people have uploaded only the tax receipt and were given an offer..but never mind that...

My documents were "accepted" but they weren't.
They could not unlock just that one document in the portal due to "system issues."
They wanted me to fax the replacement document in and said they have 14 days to even look at the fax. Which is not the agreement in place with the court... but never mind that... there are lots of people who have rejections and have faxed... never to have the fax confirmed now going on 30 days.

In short. If you got the documents were approved notification... you may not be approved.
They never notified me that one of my documents was not approved. I'm the sole owner, been that way from day one.

At least some people's faxes are being processed. I don't understand why I got a documents accepted notification but never got a rejection notification on the vehicle registration.

Last edited:

Sigp232

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Passat
Question...has anyone that has called in actually been able to speed up the process?
I've seen a lot of postwar people have gotten more details or status updates, but just wondering if calling in actually moves you to the next step? I've been in that document approved awaiting proposal for about a month now, but haven't bothered calling in because I want to sit on the car for 2 months to drop into the next lower mileage bracket anyway.
Got my green check marks 10/13 called 11/2 spoke to a lady said everything looked verified should be getting your offer in 48 hours. Been eating left over turkey for 3 days now and no offer yet. Hopefully by Chinese New Year I'll get something.

MHC48

TDI
2009 TDI DSG
Ok VW folks must be back from their turkey dinner, today my status changed from waiting on your fax to "Document received and under review," I faxed them one week ago but I knew faxing would take longer than emailing so hopefully they are working through the bottleneck of everyone rushing to file.
Me too. Time to start looking in one of those other threads to see what to get next.

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
In my case I had uploaded on 10/10, documents were approved 11/2. I had not received any kind of offer.

So, I had assistants call 3 days in a row 11/21-23.
Am assuming you are a CEO. No one else could get away with having one's 'assistants' taking care of one's personal business while they were on the company clock.

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
recieved my offer today which was about ten days after my document approval, downloaded to a flash drive and took it to my local printer where they printed from the flash, i signed, then they notarized and copied the completed docus back to the flash... i took back home and uploaded to the vwgoa site... confirmation email recieved, now waiting on return scheduling notice ... ohhh and the buyback offer was around $800 more than the initial estimate :)

CNGVW

Vendor , w/Business number
Bob Mann Auto, 111 High St, Pembroke MA 02359
TDI
Many TDI Jettas and a Beetle Race car run 2010 jetta tdi cup car build roadrace
I did a fax on my documents they did not take the license and there call in says best not to fax a picture ID sould say that on web site so I had to scan it and add it. Now the wait.
do any buddy know the banking rules to notify the IRS on bank deposits over $5000 is a red flag!!

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
do any buddy know the banking rules to notify the IRS on bank deposits over $5000 is a red flag!!
The IRS rules deal with cash deposits, and the threshold is $10k, not $5k. Wires or check deposits are a non-issue.