Fond Farewells and Thank You's Thread

dirtysouthjacket

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI Premium 6MT, 2004 Jetta TDI GLS (sold)
So in the coming weeks, quite a few members will be leaving the TDIClub family. Mostly due to Dieselgate unfortunately :(
But instead of mourning and gnashing of teeth, I thought we could have a single positive place to do it.

So feel free to use this thread to say Thanks and/or Goodbye to friends. Call out members specifically. Mention why you joined, how the forum has helped. Lets let everyone know that TDIClub still is and always be an amazing place.

Also, if you feel that TDIClub has helped save you a large amount of money during the time you were a member, I've added the link to the TDIClub donation address. A few dollars would help with server maintenance I'm sure! The site has grown a lot!

TDIClub Donations

Rules.
1. Positive stuff only, we don't need to keep bashing members, VW, or the forum. Plenty of that in the Dieselgate/Emissions section. :(
2. Be respectful, a lot of people are leaving that don't really want to. Its a tough decision and everyone has different reasons specific to their situation.
3. If you can't follow two simple rules, I'll ask someone important to delete your post.

Disclaimer: I'm in no way affiliated with TDIClub or VW. Nor am I a mod. Just a concerned member that wants to start seeing some closure/ forum healing from Dieselgate.

dirtysouthjacket

Veteran Member
TDI
Oh also, I spoke with a mod on the best location for this thread. Wasn't a perfect place, so I put it here in TDI101 until it needs to be moved. Thanks!

kbaisley

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5spd
can you explain this a bit more? why?
not happy with the solution, selling their TDI and ditching VW and this site forever because of it sorta thing?
I am thinking that due to the fact that VW is buying a lot of these units back from their owners, members will migrate to other vehicle brands and not utilize the site.

I wish those who have a TDI and are going to sell and move on, the very best. Dont forget the 06 BRM Jetta. Its a nice car and once the common issues (DMF and Cam) are fixed, they're pretty solid and user friendly to maintain.

red16vdub

Veteran Member
TDI
03 JSW 5spd
So in the coming weeks, quite a few members will be leaving the TDIClub family. Mostly due to Dieselgate unfortunately :(
But instead of mourning and gnashing of teeth, I thought we could have a single positive place to do it.

So feel free to use this thread to say Thanks and/or Goodbye to friends. Call out members specifically. Mention why you joined, how the forum has helped. Lets let everyone know that TDIClub still is and always be an amazing place.

Also, if you feel that TDIClub has helped save you a large amount of money during the time you were a member, I've added the link to the TDIClub donation address. A few dollars would help with server maintenance I'm sure! The site has grown a lot!

TDIClub Donations

Rules.
1. Positive stuff only, we don't need to keep bashing members, VW, or the forum. Plenty of that in the Dieselgate/Emissions section. :(
2. Be respectful, a lot of people are leaving that don't really want to. Its a tough decision and everyone has different reasons specific to their situation.
3. If you can't follow two simple rules, I'll ask someone important to delete your post.

Disclaimer: I'm in no way affiliated with TDIClub or VW. Nor am I a mod. Just a concerned member that wants to start seeing some closure/ forum healing from Dieselgate.
I'm trying hard to be respectful here, but who nominated you speaker for all since you claim you're not affiliated with TDI CLUB ?

drucifer

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta sw tdi pd
I think he is affiliated with tdiclub as much as any of us is. We are all members. It's quite nice that somebody steps up and moves us forward in a positive light. He created a thread and asked people to share there experience as they prepare to leave.

\/\/0J0

Veteran Member
TDI
Sadly, none anymore
I'm not sure he's speaking for anyone. This is a thread created to be positive during a time when so many are negative. My hat's off to you, dirtysouthjacket! Thank you for providing a place for departing members to give their thanks and appreciation to a public forum and fellow members. That really is what this is all about--members helping members. I sold my mk4 golf a while ago but I continue to stay on here to help others by sharing my knowledge as a way of giving back to a club that has helped me tremendously.

sent from my mobile look-at device

Roishe Cheng

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
Agreed with VV0JO! Good gesture dirtysouth! I'll be moving on, but will still keep this forum open in my browser tab, I like to get updates to see what occurs in the future with VW diesels, but I'm pretty sure from all the news articles, they'll be exiting the market.

wilcharl

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI BOUGHT BACK 23 NOV 16. Now owner of 2016 Jeep Cherokee
I don't have much but I thought as I leave VW about what items I have left

I have 1 or 2 oil filters, a VCDS , some about 10 quarts of 507.00 oil some DieselKlean and other things I won't be needing.

I was going to put them up for free on TDIClub but thought if they could go to donations to TDIClub that would be even better

I have shared (by mail and with blind trust) my VCDS, maybe I donate my VCDS to a TDIClub member to loan/share by mail with a deposit if someone wants to take that on

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
I don't have much but I thought as I leave VW about what items I have left
I have 1 or 2 oil filters, a VCDS , some about 10 quarts of 507.00 oil some DieselKlean and other things I won't be needing.
I was going to put them up for free on TDIClub but thought if they could go to donations to TDIClub that would be even better
I have shared (by mail and with blind trust) my VCDS, maybe I donate my VCDS to a TDIClub member to loan/share by mail with a deposit if someone wants to take that on
You could sell it and donate all the proceeds to TDICLUB.

wilcharl

Veteran Member
TDI
Sadly I will likely be throttling back from this forum. My buyback date has been scheduled.

In six years on this forum, I have posted nearly 400 times, and even earned my self a stickie.

I thought the club was standoffish at first, but realized quickly that there is no greater concentration of honest knowledge about a vehicle then here.

I purchased my replacement, a 2016 Jeep Cherokee. I wanted something with the fit/finish of my TDI with European chassis and the Tiguan was slightly small, and the TSI engine is not something I wanted to dig into (carbon on the intake valves, cam chain failures etc)

The Jeep forums for the Cherokee are riddled with advertisements, and don't have nearly the knowledge that this forum had.

Its been a good run and maybe one day I will return to diesel land

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
Sadly I will likely be throttling back from this forum. My buyback date has been scheduled.

In six years on this forum, I have posted nearly 400 times, and even earned my self a stickie.

I thought the club was standoffish at first, but realized quickly that there is no greater concentration of honest knowledge about a vehicle then here.

I purchased my replacement, a 2016 Jeep Cherokee. I wanted something with the fit/finish of my TDI with European chassis and the Tiguan was slightly small, and the TSI engine is not something I wanted to dig into (carbon on the intake valves, cam chain failures etc)

The Jeep forums for the Cherokee are riddled with advertisements, and don't have nearly the knowledge that this forum had.

Its been a good run and maybe one day I will return to diesel land

Good deal. Just curious...how long do you have to wait (from the date that they contacted you to setup an appointment till the day of the buyback appointment)?

wilcharl

Veteran Member
TDI
two weeks to the day... and apparently even selecting a different dealership won't let you do it any sooner

TDI_G

Veteran Member
TDI
None Currently- 2008 BMW 335I
I'm selling my TDI back and already picked up my replacement, a 2008 BMW 335i. I have enjoyed my TDI adventures but have honestly not been thrilled with my JSW. I absolutely loved my ALH Golf and hoped to love the JSW just as much but it just didn't do it for me. The buyback offer really made it enticing to take advantage of it. I originally wanted a 335d but the extra premium was hard to justify over the gasser version, even with the extra fuel costs. Since I've been driving the BMW, even for only a week, I am in love. Much more low rpm grunt than the diesel and much flatter torque curve and a heck of a lot more horsepower. Well aware of the issues that BMW's have and am going in with eyes wide open. I'll still be checking in from time to time so this isn't an official good bye.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

evantful

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI, 2016 Golf SE TSI
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to thank the entire community for the information they have provided, not only for TDI's but the various VW platforms they were in.

I had a 2013 JSW, and it provided me with 62k miles of issue-free driving. As much as I have enjoyed it the buy-back offer is simply to great to pass up and I have already moved on to a 2016 VW Golf TSI.

Its unfortunate that the future of the TDI in NA seems bleak. As was the case when I had a Mk5 GTI, I had hoped to refer to TDIClub for general platform repairs down the road on my TSI. But the MK7 platform seems doomed to be virtually unrepresented here.

This forum to me has only been equaled by the original TrailVoy forum (Trailblazer/GMC Envoy) with its breadth of knowledge, engineering, and approachability to keep these cars running inexpensively and in some cases truly better than they were fro the factory.

dirtysouthjacket

Veteran Member
TDI
Sorry to hear you guys are leaving. :'(

Its great that you guys were able to reach closure after over a year. Sad you left the family, but I think the cool guys around here understand it probably wasn't completely willingly. I don't think some people would be leaving if there was a new TDI for sale currently. Oh well.

The good news is that now the earlier gens already good resale value is going to get even better! :)

We appreciate all of your contributions over the years, big and small! I agree with previous statements, there are very few if any forums that equal the information and level of respect found on TDIClub.

PS - Make sure to stop back in every once in a while. Especially if the links to your pictures in how to threads get broken. LOL