"TDI" monster mats discontined/superceeded

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
"TDI" monster mats discontinued/superceeded

If you want a new set, ever, best get some now, IF you can. Be careful though, if you ask for TDI ones they may hand you generic model ones, in my case "Jetta"....two dealers tried to pull this and I turned them down. 6 dealers in this town, I checked 4. Scored two sets from one, the others were out. Other two I skipped, 2 was enough.

Cheers

Last edited:

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
I'll sell you a cleaned set of used ones that say TDI ;)

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
Thanks for the heads-up....but it's Husky Weatherbeaters all the way with us.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
My mats were tossed in with the car when bought it. I can't imagine paying for them when weather techs are out there.

Evildad

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
First thing I bought for my JSW was Weathertech mats front and back. I wonder if they'll fit in a new Golf wagon or Alltrack?

bring

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Jetta SEL, DSG
Mine came with TDI monster mats - way better than weathertech
I'll throw the rug ones on when I trade it back and sell the TDI mats to anyone who wants a set

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
Those new Monster mats f*****g suck. I went through three sets under warranty (kept wearing a hole right under the clutch pedal from stop and go traffic). I eventually threw in the towel and just put the regular mat in (which has since been worn through).

They must have changed the rubber compound or something. I'm on my fourth VW...all with Monster mats...and I never run into this issue before. Save yourself some aggravation and go get some WeatherTech floor mats instead.

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
Bubba, your clutch pedal needn't go thru the floor - so to speak.................

My '13 6M wagon - at 41,850 - TDI Monster Mats/trunk liner (CarGo Blocks yes) show little wear.

I sure like WeatherTechs style (magazine ads, "Buy American", nice looking mfg area, et al ..................But I would reckon they would cost more (at least than mine which one of our local dealers included within our negotiated price.

ez sends (on a mild Northern CA day)

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
Those new Monster mats f*****g suck. I went through three sets under warranty (kept wearing a hole right under the clutch pedal from stop and go traffic). I eventually threw in the towel and just put the regular mat in (which has since been worn through).

They must have changed the rubber compound or something. I'm on my fourth VW...all with Monster mats...and I never run into this issue before. Save yourself some aggravation and go get some WeatherTech floor mats instead.

The ones I got with my 2013 JSW are good and hardy. No wear through. They must have gotten cheaper in the last year or two.

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
Bubba, your clutch pedal needn't go thru the floor - so to speak.................
My '13 6M wagon - at 41,850 - TDI Monster Mats/trunk liner (CarGo Blocks yes) show little wear.
I sure like WeatherTechs style (magazine ads, "Buy American", nice looking mfg area, et al ..................But I would reckon they would cost more (at least than mine which one of our local dealers included within our negotiated price.
ez sends (on a mild Northern CA day)
In 58k miles...my clutch (and the carpet where my heel rests) has probably seen use equivalent with the average 150k+ mile car. If I knew that I was going to find myself commuting to DC (I had a steady job right in town for the four years leading up to the purchase of this car)...I wouldn't have bought one with a manual transmission.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
i never rest my heal when using the clutch, foots always raised completely off the ground. If i'm not shifting my left foots on the dead peddle.

Granted I'm amazed my right foot hasn't made its way through, it's been razor thin for the past 3 years but hasn't broke thru yet.

gmcjetpilot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI DSG Matalic Grey
I have a set of TDI monster mats, for 3 years, wore well except under heal
of gas pedal. It is thin... but could be repaired. I kept them...

Bought weathertech, and they don't "suck" as above post said. I got them
on sale, online, free shipping, fronts only. I will say they are not as deluxe
feel, hard, but for winter wet climates getting in with wet boots, the
weathertech rocks. It will literally hold several cups of water and not spill.

pparks1

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
Weathertech and Husky weatherbeaters do not suck. My car came with monster mats and I replaced them with Husky.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
Maybe they don't suck for some of you, but I hate the weathertech mats. The hard plastic is just unbearable to me. On the other hand, I love the OEM soft rubber mats and I preferred the TDI label to Golf, but either is better to me than the hard plastic weatherteck. I guess to each their own.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
Maybe they don't suck for some of you, but I hate the weathertech mats. The hard plastic is just unbearable to me. <snip> I guess to each their own.
The first thing I did when our Passat was new was to rip out the stock mats and install the Husky Weatherbeaters. The plastic, or hard rubber, or whatever it is doesn't bother me at all. After three years they are not only durable, but easy to clean and their design enables them to be removed without spilling any garbage on them onto the carpet. Easily the best mats on any car we've ever owned.

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
......FWIW Department: after 3.5 years, 44855 miles my TDI 'Monster mats' appear almost brand new.............granted, I don't weigh very much, have non-humongous feet and wear mocs often...................

ez

bring

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Jetta SEL, DSG
The TDI logo on the mats is cool - I removed the Jetta SEL stickers on the trunk because it looked too busy, so it only has TDI markings like the GTI and GLI - the mats help tie that in

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
The TDI logo on the mats is cool - I removed the Jetta SEL stickers on the trunk because it looked too busy, so it only has TDI markings like the GTI and GLI - the mats help tie that in

Me too!!!

on Flickr

Last edited:

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
......FWIW Department: after 3.5 years, 44855 miles my TDI 'Monster mats' appear almost brand new.............granted, I don't weigh very much, have non-humongous feet and wear mocs often...................

ez
Yeah, mine too (AFAIK -- been a little while since I took them out to clean them). Give them a good cleaning and they look really good.

And I am a big guy :( and wear more sport type trainer shoes.

They've held up really well.

St.Hubbins

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf, DSG / '11 A3, DSG (both went buyback) - '15 GSW SE
speaking of de-badging, i wonder if it's possible to remove the TDI badge from my Golf and swap it onto the new A3... not a major priority, but i like the look of the blue I badge way more than the boring Audi tdi badge

flee

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS wagon
speaking of de-badging, i wonder if it's possible to remove the TDI badge from my Golf and swap it onto the new A3... not a major priority, but i like the look of the blue I badge way more than the boring Audi tdi badge
The badges are for sale by several of the trusted vendors here.
Came in handy when I backed into a fire hose box with my MkIV.

St.Hubbins

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf, DSG / '11 A3, DSG (both went buyback) - '15 GSW SE
The badges are for sale by several of the trusted vendors here.
Came in handy when I backed into a fire hose box with my MkIV.
cool. to be clear, i'm wondering if the badges are interchangeable between Golf & A3... guess i can try to pry them off to find out.:eek:

if these are the same dimensions as A3 mats, i'm in!

az7000'

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI (gone), 2014 Passat TDI (gone), 2014 Touareg TDI (Amazing!)
Try a heat gun and plastic scraper, then new 3M double sided tape!