VWGoA – Online Claims

inthewoods

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE Manual
It's up! https://claims.vwgoa.com

All submitted with an "estimated" buyback... Come November the actual amount paid to me should be more like $4275 (still making payments). Also, I want to point out the "estimated total" is spot on with the payment tables found in the Court documents.

2014 Passet SE manual:

Last edited:

pfry10

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
Im submitted as well. I used my vehicle payoff as projected in November.

2013 Passat SE w/ Sunroof and Nav:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yehaman

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
How long do we have to wait for the verification email once you register?

yehaman

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
I received mine with a minute. Don't forget to check your spam folder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just called, system has a bug and isn't sending verification emails. Some guy named Tom asked me to try to register again later today or tomorrow.

mz1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 GTD Stage III / 2015 Touareg TDI LUX Stage II
Site is working fine as of this morning, got my claim submitted

cupcake

TDI
2015 Golf TDI 6M

When I put in my information it shows that I'll owe money. I thought they were offering loan forgiveness up to 30% of Vehicle Value + Restitution?

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
When I put in my information it shows that I'll owe money. I thought they were offering loan forgiveness up to 30% of Vehicle Value + Restitution?
They are. Buyback including restitution is $22,391. They're paying your lender $26,287. You appear to owe $30k on a car that's worth about $15k.

Humanaquarian

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Beetle TDI
I did it, don't feel entire comfortable with all the info asked. Also, it says it's not binding, but after you submit, it says it will only take affect after the final word. Kind of strange wording.
I chose the fix.

cupcake

TDI
2015 Golf TDI 6M
They are. Buyback including restitution is $22,391. They're paying your lender $26,287. You appear to owe $30k on a car that's worth about $15k.

I have a 2015 Golf, I bought in March of 2015, and paid 30k after extended warranty, taxes, etc. I can't believe its only worth 16k 6 months later (September prices) I owe 26,287 currently.

Anyway, I guess I'm still confused with the Loan forgiveness. The preliminary approval that came out on Tuesday reads

"Loan Forgiveness up to 30% of Vehicle Value + Restitution if secured
debt on June 28th, 2016 was greater than Vehicle Value + Restitution"

The form shows me owing $3,895.00, but 30% of 22,391.93 (vehicle value + restitution) is 6717.58, so shouldn't the difference be covered, and I owe $0?

fredthe

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagon SEL DSG
And here's where the website's math appears to be off. 130% of $22,391 is $29,108. It's shorting him on the payoff amount. I suggest he call them.

fredthe

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagon SEL DSG

I agree, that's wrong. They should pay the loan up to $29,108. I'd give tnem a call and let them know, they may not know it's an issue. Or they can explain why their math is different :)

Edit: How do you end up still owing $30k on a Golf? Did you roll a previous loan into it, in which case I wouldn't expect VW to pay off that part.

Last edited:

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
The form shows me owing $3,895.00, but 30% of 22,391.93 (vehicle value + restitution) is 6717.58, so shouldn't the difference be covered, and I owe $0?
Yeah, I should have recognized that number was off. Sorry. Yes, it does look like they got the numbers wrong.

SkeeterMark

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI 6M
Both my numbers, buy back and fix, are lower than the amount calculated in the preliminary. I would think that going by VIN it knows your options, but it seems to be off by the sunroof/radio amount. I'll check for sure when I have more time.
The buyback is about 900 lower, the fix is about 200 lower than calculated in the preliminary tables. I think it is because they are estimating a later date and higher mileage (I entered a higher value than 1042, so I keep losing value) for the resolution than I did originally

Last edited:

Shawn MacAnanny

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE
In case you're driving a company car.
I'm also curious what happens to company cars, since they'll have to do something anyway to keep them compliant. Whats the incentive for a company to get it fixed as it's likely to cause down time and more maintenance costs.

amstel78

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI [buyback completed 14/1/2017] 2006 S65 AMG
Here's mine for a 2012 Golf TDI 4 door with Tech package (adaptive xenon headlights, sunroof, navigation, Dynaudio). Was hoping to get more due to the options but I guess not.

By the way, the finance balance is my payoff as of today. It'll be about $980 lower come November so I hope to recoup that with a larger check.

Last edited:

whatnxt

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Q5 TDI Premium +
Here's mine for a 2012 Golf TDI 4 door with Tech package (adaptive xenon headlights, sunroof, navigation, Dynaudio). Was hoping to get more due to the options but I guess not.

It is due to the mileage and location. Mine is the same year and options with a calculated 55K miles at turn-in and mine calculates to $22,600 total. That is for a car in the PNW.

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I have a 2015 Golf, I bought in March of 2015, and paid 30k after extended warranty, taxes, etc.
I don't think VW is reimbursing for extended warranty or taxes. If you rolled them into your loan they'll probably deduct those before calculating the buyout. But I doubt there's any way the software can detect that.

And if you paid $30K 15 months ago why is the loan balance still $26K? Seems high to me.

LogicBomb

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat
I don't think VW is reimbursing for extended warranty or taxes. If you rolled them into your loan they'll probably deduct those before calculating the buyout. But I doubt there's any way the software can detect that.

And if you paid $30K 15 months ago why is the loan balance still $26K? Seems high to me.
Those damn 84 months loans! :p

/sarcasm

LogicBomb

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat

This is a bit lower than what I'll actually receive, as my pay out amount will be paid down a significant amount between now and June 2017. I just paid for registration on the dang thing, and I figure I might as well drive it till then since my monthly mileage is around 500 now. But as to the preliminary figures, it's spot on.

ottomatic

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golfwagen SE 6MT
Just tried entering my vin & info on site. Kept getting error message. Called tech for help she was nice but clueless. Told me to try later.
BTW tech was located in Michigan where when ,I worked for VW I called there on a daily basis with computer problems or glitches in tests & other problems. They kept blaming it on Germany.
Computer problems were the main reason I left.

I guess site is swamped & their server can't handle the load.

Told her I would try @ 3 AM.

cupcake

TDI
2015 Golf TDI 6M
And here's where the website's math appears to be off. 130% of $22,391 is $29,108. It's shorting him on the payoff amount. I suggest he call them.

I've spoke with 4 customer service agents now.
First one hung up on me after I explained the situation.

Second one told me the 30% is already included in the vehicle return amount on my claim(uhhh wrong?)

Third one didn't have a clue. She kept putting me on hold to ask her manager questions, I finally was fed up and asked to speak with her manager- who tried to tell me that "loan forgiveness up to 30% of vehicle value doesn't include restitution and since your loan is more than 30% of vehicle value you don't get any extra money."

Reluctantly she told me she'd forward this to her manager to verify. She also told me she was 99.9% sure she was right, and would get back to me within 24 hours with an answer.

15 minutes later she called me back apologizing and thanking me for an opportunity to learn something new. She said loan forgiveness isn't added to the current claim information, and that I was correct and my loan will be paid off in full.

Way too much work to figure that one small detail. I told her they should be sending out an email or something, because the 3 other people I talked to all told me different stories.

Basenji

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Audi A3 TDI
Just got offline with VW, so the site is working. The estimated buyback is either exactly or pretty close to what I figured previously.

akafirestorm

TDI
JSW 2011
Claims website is easy breezy. Very smooth good layout! Good job to the IT of VW!
I'm sure glad I bought the 2011 Jetta SW back in Nov. 2010 instead of a 2010.
The buyback is my option I cannot pass up the amount if it stands the buyback is $20,476.73. That's $8,000 less then I paid for it (before warranty, tax and title) six years ago.