97 B4 Passat + B4V Donor, Montgomery County MD

R2point0

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 2015, Silver; Passat, 1997, Blue
1997 Passat, Windsor Blue, 100somethingsomething miles. This was my daily driver for many years, until things started to go south and I couldn't keep up. It ran strong when I parked it 4 years ago, and I started it last year and ran pretty rough, but until I get a battery charger on it I can't tell how it runs. So I'm selling it as a parts car, though it's very fixable.

The Good:

• Ran well and suspension was tight when I parked it.
  • Fuel pump resealed
  • Have a reasonable number of spares to go with it - upgrades and replacements I never got around to.
  • Hidden Hitch installed, though not sure I can find the insert and never finished the electrics.
The Bad:

• Headliner cloth gone
  • Missing exhaust from the cat back - I have a replacement exhaust that I bought years ago - it was slightly used and then the car was in a wreck and the hangers got bent up.
  • Leaking heater core - just started before I parked it
  • AC doesn't work
  • LF window regulator is wonky - I pulled the door panel to fix it, still off
  • CEL came on when I started it last year
The Ugly:

• Misc dents and some surface rust
  • LF door is the wrong color

• Oh, and it's dirty.
I also have a 95 B4V GLX I started parting out. My intent was to use the suspension and brakes (larger on the wagon) as well as the seats. Unfortunately my weather protection didn't work out so well, so all that I have for the interior is the driver's seat. Some body parts have been pulled, but most of the mechanicals are still there.

I also have a new in box Bilstein TC setup for the B4, bought in 2009 - again, never got the chance to install it.

Finally, for the next 2 weeks I have a truck and car trailer and MIGHT be able to transport a reasonable distance.

Prices (picked up in Poolesville, MD:
97 TDI: $1000
95 B4V: $500
Bilstein Set: $200 (with the TDI)

I want to get rid of these, as I need the room, but I'm not desperate - I might consider parting, but the offers would need to be pretty attractive.

Thanks for looking.

therabbittree

Veteran Member
TDI
B4 passat, 2000 Golf, 2003 Allroad tdi
How is the rust on the wagon? Do you have other door and fenders? I have a 96 wagon that is getting crusty

R2point0

Veteran Member
TDI
How is the rust on the wagon? Do you have other door and fenders? I have a 96 wagon that is getting crusty
I think I have one of the fenders, but not the other doors. Hood and hatch are still good. Send me an IM with the parts you are interested in and I'll try to get pictures.

R2point0

Veteran Member
TDI
Bump. Kids just got cars, driveway is getting crowded. Another couple of weeks or so I'll move the post over to "Parts" and start the parting process.