Light bulb trouble.

PeteZ06

Veteran Member
TDI
E320 CDI
I don't know if this is truly a freak coincidence or do I have a problem.

A month ago one of my headlights burns out, no biggie, I pick up a new bulb. A week later the other headlight burns out.

Three days ago one of my fog lights burns out, swapped out with a new bulb and today the other fog light burned out.

What the heck? I've never gone through so many bulbs in such a short period of time.

vwmk4

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time, Looking for a nice one though.
May be that they all have been in use for the same time.
Sounds strange but...

Matatk

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 A3 TDI Wagon
Not surprising lights go out in a similar time frame since they were installed at the same time and have the same life expectancy.

I'd still take a look at the fuse panel to make sure all is in order.

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
on a new car it is common for headlights to go out very close together time frame. the owners manual suggests replacing headlights in pairs, so brightness is even, and I have always been too cheap to do so. And in every new, or almost new, car I have bought has the second headlight go out within a month of the first one. 86 Isuzu, 93 Aerostar, 96 Grand Cherokee, 2001 Suburban, all had the 2nd headlight go out right after the first. On my Jetta I did replace them as a pair. even the replaced headlights went out within a month of each other 2 years later. only have had to replace one brake light bulb so far......... But now that I have said that I just jinxed it.

Terry270

Veteran Member
TDI
03 golf, 10 A3
I don't know if this is truly a freak coincidence or do I have a problem.
A month ago one of my headlights burns out, no biggie, I pick up a new bulb. A week later the other headlight burns out.
Three days ago one of my fog lights burns out, swapped out with a new bulb and today the other fog light burned out.
What the heck? I've never gone through so many bulbs in such a short period of time.
Do you have xenon headlights or regular?

Terry270

Veteran Member
TDI
03 golf, 10 A3
Non HID

The foglight bulbs are H11, I just swapped them out so I remember :)
OK cool. I have the xenon and I don't see those going out anytime soon. They usually last quite a while. Going to sting more when they do though lol