VW dealers to revolt against VW

JazzBeBop

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE manual
Looks like the VW dealers are getting the short end of the stick from VW and they are not happy. :eek: For me, I would just like to know that I could buy a new TDI should mine get ruined beyond repair. I'd hate to be in the car if that happened, but, :rolleyes: I would like to have options to either buy a new or used TDI. What is your take on this? Post your comments.
Anyway, here's the link to the story:
http://gas2.org/2016/03/13/volkswagen-dealers-ready-to-revolt-soon/

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
It's a shame the brand has fallen to this low level. Even my neighbors who are not "car people" have expressed to me their reluctance to even consider any VW, even after watching the new round of TV commercials.

I was at our "new" VW dealer Saturday (built the facility last year) looking over the "sea of Jetta S's" in inventory wondering why they are not selling when the sales manager (who I know personally) came over to me and said it's getting bad here.

When we walked back into the showroom, I noticed only one young couple looking at a Beetle and the rest of the floor was empty. Four sales staff, the finance manager, and a receptionist were sitting at there desks twiddling their thumbs. AND THIS WAS A SUNNY SATURDAY IN A WELL-TO-DO TOWN!

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
Mitsubishi

Or a Mitsubishi dealer.
Mitsubishi is enjoying year over year sales increases and is profitable in North America. February 2016 was the best since 2007. The much maligned Mirage that was expected to sell at 4K to 7K per year is selling at over 20K per year.
Mitsubishi is doing well in my area.
Having said that I would not invest in Mitsubishi automotive, they are too small. Mitsu had nowhere to go but up or out of business in the US anyway.

nord

Veteran Member
TDI
All turned back to VW. Now a 2017 Hundai Tuscon. Not a single squalk in 10k miles.
My son is in the exact situation mentioned in the first post... A really nice 2013 SE totaled and he doesn't want a gasser at any price. We're exploring the options right now.

Presently he's piloting a Chrysler 200 (Fiat) rental and hating it. I've ridden in the 200 and would say generally not a bad car, just not comparable to even a Jetta SE. The VW rides better, is quieter, and is so much better thought out overall that it's hard to imagine these cars are in the same generation.

Look at the various offerings out there. Most manufactures seem to announce their "quality" by adding chrome and flash. VW does the opposite. Drive a VW and compare the handling, the interior comfort, and the thought involved in the package. Some like chrome. I personally am more impressed by what I can only say is the subdued elegance of Passat.

Then safety... I'm sure other cars are safe but I know from personal experience just how well the Passat performs. See my post (Compliments) on the NMS Board and the photos. The car performed as designed and my son walked away without a scratch. One of the things he vividly recalls is the braking and stability in the milliseconds before impact. That little edge may have saved his life. Then look at the results of the impact and observe how well the vehicle absorbed the impact. Remarkable! If I had my way I'd give that little SE a proper burial and a headstone thanking it for its service.

VW has its faults. VW Corporate really has to get its act together and dealerships need generally to be held to a higher standard. Perhaps a few less dollars of profit per unit because of changes in policy could yield positive results in a very short time.

InfoSec Guy

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
I really hope they get their act together. TDIs were the hidden sweet deal, combining comfort and economy. Now, they're very hard to find!

El Dobro

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Bolt EV Premier, 2023 Bolt EUV Premier
Nothing new, I always thought VW dealers were revolting.