Survey on Dieselgate and TDIClub

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
I don't even think about it. They are probably making VW jump through hoops to get the approval for the fix. This will take some time to get worked out.

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Who knows...the longer this goes on the more ticked I get with VW. I think I'm done with VW after this fiasco.
I agree with this. Doubt I will ever buy a VW product because of the cheating.
In the mid 80's I got P.O.ed at GM products and have not purchased another GM car since 1984. Only recently have been willing to look at GM products again.

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
Survey completed,........ "Survey says"?

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Completed the survey. One change that could be made when asking about vw diesels owned is a potential to list number of type of cars owned. I know I am one of many that currently own two CR diesels.

thechoochlyman

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
1997 B4 Sedan
Done.

I'm also gonna say that this whole situation makes me like VW even more. So what if they lied to the EPA about it? Everybody knows the EPA is just a big money-making corporation that cares little about the actual environment. I say thumbs-up to them for giving the EPA a huge middle finger.

Last edited:

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
I agree with this. Doubt I will ever buy a VW product because of the cheating.
In the mid 80's I got P.O.ed at GM products and have not purchased another GM car since 1984. Only recently have been willing to look at GM products again.
My last (NEW) GM and FORD was 35 years ago.

But did own a few Chevy "beaters"

30 years ago you could get a dependable hog at ~~ $400 - $500 and drive it into the dirt ~~ sell it for ~~ $100

dubStrom

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Jetta (sold), 2010 JSW (sold), 2013 Passat 6MT traded for 2014 JSW with 6MT-TOTALED in November 2016, 2003 ALH 5MT conversion (sold), wheezing 2015 GSW/DSG and a new 2021 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 p'up
Like getting sucker punched

So now we know why Subaru and Mazda didn't follow though on their Boxer diesel and Skyactive diesel North American plans. Their engineers were probably wondering what magic VW was performing.

Can you imagine the smirks, outright smiles, and triumphant vindication in the boardrooms for those hapless engineers! Maybe promotions are in order.

Regarding the questions in the survey, I had a difficult time ranking performance, fuel economy/range, environment, durability/longevity, TDI club membership. a few of these things have equal TOP importance. Fuel economy and environment are the same thing to me. Both are top priority, but so is Longevity and durability.

To me, performance is just a bonus related to TDI technology (and a very pleasant one). Nothing like effortlessly passing most gassers with the knowledge that they are already using more fuel, and would have to REALLY dump some gas to pass me ;)

I will happily, though NOT proudly anymore, drive my TDI into the sunset.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Feedback on the survey is appreciated. Feedback on Dieselgate issues belongs in - you guessed it - Threadzilla! ;)

scooperhsd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, RED(5 Speed conversion) 2015 Golf SE
I took it. And yes - my last question was in appreciation of the moderators. Keep up the good work, guys.

thebigarniedog

Master of the Obvious
TDI
1998 Jetta tdi
Being a moderator on another forum, I can definitely say that Threadzilla has kept the mod team and the site administrators very, very busy. :eek:
The sad part is that if you want any information on what is going on you will not find it on this website because of the "threadzilla" decision. This is supposed to be an enthusiast site for the Tdi, but yet that is lacking. The news is getting bleaker and pretty soon it will turn into a "if only" site. Clock is ticking coach, how about we try to run a play???

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
Tried to fill out the survey and it will only let me select 3 out 5 reasons and then yells at me saying I need to select more. As soon as I try to select a 4th option one of them blanks out.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
The sad part is that if you want any information on what is going on you will not find it on this website because of the "threadzilla" decision. This is supposed to be an enthusiast site for the Tdi, but yet that is lacking. The news is getting bleaker and pretty soon it will turn into a "if only" site. Clock is ticking coach, how about we try to run a play???
There seems to be a lot of information on the status of Dieselgate posted here:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=448336

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Tried to fill out the survey and it will only let me select 3 out 5 reasons and then yells at me saying I need to select more. As soon as I try to select a 4th option one of them blanks out.
You have to rank the choices 1 to 5. The question is a little unclear about this. You cannot mark 2 the same or the previous one goes blank (as you noticed). This confused me for a while too.

Have Fun!

Don

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Done. Also interested in the results.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Yup. If you're just wanting an overview of the news...that's the place to go. Threadilla has more recent stuff (as it's being posted in like every 0.5 seconds, lol.)...but you have to wade through lots of $h1t to find it.
I was at our local VW dealer yesterday with my step-son helping him on the purchase of a 2016 Jetta S automatic. Not a bad car for $15,000 - $17,000 car after dealer discounts. He bought an S out the door (including TT&L) for a shade over $17K. Anyway, when talking with the Sales Manager and the Financial Manager, they were not very knowledgeable about the status of Dieselgate.

Actually, they both thought that EPA was evaluating a calalyst fix for all the Gen cars. Way off base. They had a 2013 Passat TDI on the used lot for sale for $16K with 49K on the clock. They said they wished that they had more used diesels as they were "flying off the lot".

Nice people, small dealership and new in our town. They were great to work with on the S for the step son. Quite a difference from my past experiences with car dealers, although I bought my Passat from Chris so I had the best treatment at the time. Very sad to see him pass.:(

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I

Actually, they both thought that EPA was evaluating a calalyst fix for all the Gen cars. Way off base. They had a 2013 Passat TDI on the used lot for sale for $16K with 49K on the clock. They said they wished that they had more used diesels as they were "flying off the lot".

.:(
Heard basically the same thing thing from my dealer

Do not care to sell mine (now) But if I did -- it would be at a pie in the sky price.

pknopp

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
Heard basically the same thing thing from my dealer

Do not care to sell mine (now) But if I did -- it would be at a pie in the sky price.
I bought a new television Friday night and I had an interesting conversation with the salesperson........

He wheeled the television out to my car and noticed it was a TDI. He asked if I was interested in selling. I told him I wasn't. He said he was just about to buy a different TDI when the seller backed out. They said they expected to get a big check from VW so they were holding on to it. LOL

So now they were looking for another one.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI

He wheeled the television out to my car and noticed it was a TDI. He asked if I was interested in selling. I told him I wasn't. He said he was just about to buy a different TDI when the seller backed out. They said they expected to get a big check from VW so they were holding on to it. LOL

So now they were looking for another one.
Yes, there are TDI loyalist or just ordinary buyers who want one. That is the reason (if) mine was for sale, it would be at MY price -- or SIR, move it down the road motors

Status
Not open for further replies.