Stage 3.5 Complete!!

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
PK - Does your car really "roll coal?" Or is it just a light haze? Is it, "Hmm, there may be something wrong with that guy's car?" Maybe, "Wow! He needs a new tune?" Or is it, "What a jacka$$! His car needs to be removed from the road?" ;)

Lilryan

TDI
2014 Golf
Mine is like, that is definitely a diesel and it is definitely not stock. It doesn't look like something is wrong. It would be recognized by other diesel tuners that something has been done to the car. Not that the carissick.

raider929

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Mine is like, that is definitely a diesel and it is definitely not stock. It doesn't look like something is wrong. It would be recognized by other diesel tuners that something has been done to the car. Not that the carissick.
That's about like what mine is. It's enough that if you're tailgating me and I step on it, you're probably going to change lanes to avoid it :D

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
PK - Does your car really "roll coal?" Or is it just a light haze? Is it, "Hmm, there may be something wrong with that guy's car?" Maybe, "Wow! He needs a new tune?" Or is it, "What a jacka$$! His car needs to be removed from the road?" ;)
Probably all of the above. Not rolling coal like you see on lifted trucks, but definitely sootier than haze, doing WOT in 3rd and 4th (sometimes 5th). Did that today passing a caravan of lane painting trucks doing 50mph in a 75 zone. Amazing how quick the Stage 3 gets to 95mph from 50mph.

And... I now officially have the Stage 3.5. Did notice it's definitely torquey; a beat up Mini Cooper S wanted to race me on the way home - got up to 103 before I decided to let him go ahead and kept going at 79. It was fun for the 4 minutes it lasted! I think he was surprised how quick I passed him up, and I didn't use full throttle either.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
That's about like what mine is. It's enough that if you're tailgating me and I step on it, you're probably going to change lanes to avoid it :D
Amazingly, I've done that to Priuses hogging the passing lane and not moving even after a friendly high beam blink or the horn (when I'm legitimately trying to pass). For some reason, the coal rolling gets them to get the hint and merge back to the right hand lane!

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
StealhTDI - I'm impressed your 98 Jetta has over 445K miles. I'm assuming it's a TDI? Any major repairs (like head gaskets, etc)?

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
Thanks. No major repairs. The engine has never been opened past the valve cover. It's kind of amazing when you consider the tortured life of towing, autocrossing, drag racing, and excessive idling it's seen. It's been suffering its worst abuse for the past two years: SITTING. I've only driven it a few times since buying my Mk6 in June 2014. :( I hope to breathe some new life into it when my daughter starts driving soon. :) Visit my website to read more about the car.

jsf350

TDI
13 jetta tdi
im confused...
i thought stg 3 was 190/350
now its 180/310?

and stg 3.5 is 190/315

my stg 2 dynod 165/310 .... i now have cr170 turbo on.... how long will the stock clutch last with stg 3/ 3.5

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
I thought Stage 3 was always 183/310 and 3.5 was 193/315. Don't know how accurate PolarFIS is, but the highest numbers it reported was about 310/311 for torque and 225 for HP, while doing some brief WOT up a hill in 4th.