VW TDI goodwill package: Offers $500 Visa cards & $500 dealer credits to TDI owners

D15SEL

TDI
'15 Golf TDI SEL 6M, '13 Beetle 'vert 6M
cashier never asked for ID as I paid for my two sets of wipers....on the white card. she had no clue I just activated the card as the service mgr , parts dept. and cashier both were far apart.

Last edited:

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
cashier never asked for ID as I paid for my two sets of wipers....on the white card. she had no clue I just activated the card as the service mgr , parts dept. and cashier both were far apart.
My $.02...I doubt the average parts counter person is going to give enough of a $h1t to verify the identification of every person that comes in with one of these cards.

ndmike88

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 Jetta TDI
S2000 GUY......It is a federal law since 9/11 that all VISA/MC debit cards must have pin numbers. So I called VWOA and was allowed to create a "Pin" number with help from the rep. I read the "FM" and the documentation. Thanks
No PIN came with mine. Just swiped the card and pressed the "CREDIT" button. Working fine at the liquor store and at Target & Kohl's.
Christmas shopping is done...Thank you VW.

Cincy_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat SE TDI
my biggest ***** is I cannot use it online at an out of state dealer with waaay better pricing.. $500 worth of parts at my local dealer is just over $300 from an online dealer.

I think you can. I got this email from a newvwparts.com site with the headline that read below.

Up To 40% off MSRP Sitewide - TDI Dealer Cards Accepted
https://stores.revolutionparts.com/newvwparts.com/

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
No PIN came with mine. Just swiped the card and pressed the "CREDIT" button. Working fine at the liquor store and at Target & Kohl's.
Christmas shopping is done...Thank you VW.
Nice. That reminds me...I'm almost out of booze. I should get a handle...courtesy of VW.

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
Can these cards be activated at an Audi dealer? I'm assuming that's a no, but It would be nice. There's an Audi dealer that I could hit on my lunch break. VW...I'd have to hit after my two hour commute. I'm not going to be in the mood to go there after my commute (that's the only reason I haven't activated them already).

linux_author

Veteran Member
TDI
Phase II Emissions modified 2015 Golf TDI S SportWagen
My documentation included a PIN.
i didn't see my PIN at first - however, it is buried in the text in paragraph #5 on the back page of the folding card containing the glued dealer/debit cards...

checking the balance at VW's goodwill package web site was fast and easy (just enter the card # and the 3-digit security code)

btw, you *can* use the card for fueling up... you just have to use it inside the station at the cashier

willie
on the diesel-sippin' Gulf of Mexico

Last edited:

StayPuff

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG
I think you can. I got this email from a newvwparts.com site with the headline that read below.

I just got off the phone with the parts manager for this dealership, and they are definitely accepting the dealer card for ordering parts. He said just put in the number on the card like any other credit card and it will work fine.

So, I guess it's completely up to the online dealership store as to whether they'll accept the dealership card for mail orders, since the other one I called yesterday won't.

As for using someone's card you may have bought, I guess that's dependent upon the dealership too, and/or the relationship (intimate or monetary;)) between you and your parts guy.

I just love consistency...

Last edited:

3fordasho

TDI
15 Passat 6M
Took my order online just fine, the two other online parts dealers I checked would not take the dealer only card (one said no, the other never got back to me and both would error out when trying to place order online) I hope this one works, I don't want to pay full retail at my local dealer - though there were offering $525 credit for the $500 card- I saved more than that extra $25 on my first order online!

I just got off the phone with the parts manager for this dealership, and they are definitely accepting the dealer card for ordering parts. He said just put in the number on the card like any other credit card and it will work fine.

So, I guess it's completely up to the online dealership store as to whether they'll accept the dealership card for mail orders, since the other one I called yesterday won't.

As for using someone's card you may have bought, I guess that's dependent upon the dealership too, and/or the relationship (intimate or monetary;)) between you and your parts guy.

I just love consistency...

Last edited:

StayPuff

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG
Took my order online just fine, the two other online parts dealers I checked would not take the dealer only card (one said no, the other never got back to me and both would error out when trying to place order online) I hope this one works, I don't want to pay full retail at my local dealer - though there were offering $525 credit for the $500 card- I saved more than that extra $25 on my first order online!
This just attests to the utter stupidity many of the dealerships suffer from. If Volkswagen is allowing dealers to accept the dealer cards online, why in the world are some dealers not accepting them? If I was a dealership manager, I would have already had my online store ready and waiting for these cards, as some dealerships have done. There is over $200,000,000 just in dealer card money (not counting the visa cards) available to these guys, and they just sit on their hands? Brain damage....that's the only excuse I can conjure for it.

CNGVW

Vendor , w/Business number
Bob Mann Auto, 111 High St, Pembroke MA 02359
TDI
Many TDI Jettas and a Beetle Race car run 2010 jetta tdi cup car build roadrace
Just talked with parts manger Mark at newvwparts.com
They take the card online and just tested it all good to go!!!
you use the number on the back like a CC card and the last three numbers are the CV code
and you use the good thru date as the expiration date.
I hope this helps every one.

Originally Posted by Cincy_TDI View Post

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
This just attests to the utter stupidity many of the dealerships suffer from. If Volkswagen is allowing dealers to accept the dealer cards online, why in the world are some dealers not accepting them? If I was a dealership manager, I would have already had my online store ready and waiting for these cards, as some dealerships have done. There is over $200,000,000 just in dealer card money (not counting the visa cards) available to these guys, and they just sit on their hands? Brain damage....that's the only excuse I can conjure for it.
Keep in mind that the vast majority of people that own late model vehicles do not perform their own preventative maintenance and repairs. I would be surprised if even 10% of the dealer card balances end up being used to purchase parts...rather than dealer service and accessories.

Last edited:

StayPuff

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG
^^^ Yep, that's what Mark told me too. Nice to know that SOME guys are on the ball with this. Thanks Bob

Keep in mind that the vast majority of people that own late model vehicles do not perform their own preventative maintenance and repairs. I would be surprised if even 10% of the dealer card balances end up being used to purchase parts...rather than dealer service and accessories.

Yeah, I thought about that too....but it would probably take less than ten minutes to get their system setup to take them, if that. Also, 10% of $200 Million is $20 Million!

Last edited:

CNGVW

Vendor , w/Business number
Bob Mann Auto, 111 High St, Pembroke MA 02359
TDI
Many TDI Jettas and a Beetle Race car run 2010 jetta tdi cup car build roadrace
That is why some should sell there card at discount to shops like me that need to buy some hard parts from the dealer every week.
If you wish VW to keep the money that,s fine. I will buy a few more cards and burn through them.
Remember I am here a lot to help??

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
Yeah, I thought about that too....but it would probably take less than ten minutes to get their system setup to take them, if that. Also, 10% of $200 Million is $20 Million!
Who knows what thought process the dealerships are using at the moment. Fighting over table scraps (that's what x < $20M is when you break that out across approximately 650 dealerships) might not be on their radar.

najel

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf 5 speed
I think we activated at the same dealership. I took the offer, because the funds won't expire in a year. I have a pretty good relationship with the parts people - they will give discounts, you just gotta ask.

StayPuff

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG
Who knows what thought process the dealerships are using at the moment. Fighting over table scraps (that's what x < $20M is when you break that out across approximately 650 dealerships) might not be on their radar.
Yes, but isn't there only a small handful of those dealerships that mail order parts online? Remember, only a dealership can process the dealer card. I think dealerships like Revolution Parts are going to score big with this.

Last edited:

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I fall into this category. I could do my own service but since I travel about 60%, I do other things on the weekends instead of crawling under my cars.

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
Yes, but isn't there only a small handful of those dealerships that sell parts online? Remember, only a dealership can process the dealer card. I think dealerships like Revolution Parts are going to score big with this.
There are...and I think they will do well. They already tapped into a niche group online that are happy/loyal customers. However, those few dealers are the exception...not the rule. The average dealership parts department...I just don't see it being worth their while to put in the time and effort to setup an online store (if they don't already have one) for the sole purpose of making bank off the dealer cards.

I fall into this category. I could do my own service but since I travel about 60%, I do other things on the weekends instead of crawling under my cars.
Yup. Same here. I spend 40+ hours/week at work and another 30+ hours/week in my car. The last thing that I want to do is spend my weekend working on my car.

Last edited:

DubFamily

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328D xDrive
Activated my cards yesterday. Took the GTI to Lindsay VW this morning to troubleshoot a ABS failure.

Gonna cost $1850... So much for goodwill :rolleyes:

StayPuff

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG
There are...and I think they will do well. They already tapped into a niche group online that are happy/loyal customers. However, those few dealers are the exception...not the rule. The average dealership parts department...I just don't see it being worth their while to put in the time and effort to setup an online store (if they don't already have one) for the sole purpose of making bank off the dealer cards.
Correct, but that's not what I'm talking about....and apologize if I haven't been clear. I'm saying that some of those dealerships in that small group who already mail order parts online, are refusing the dealer cards. Why? For instance I called Jim Ellis VW yesterday, who sells a ton of parts online, and they are rejecting the dealer card for online and phone purchases. A poster above had the same experience with two other dealerships (that already sell parts online) rejecting his order too. Also, there are many shops that get their parts this way, not just owners. Honestly, I think there is some miscommunication between the dealers and VW about this.

Tekt0nix

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
After appearing in this thread, Revolution probably will not be able to handle the volume of orders it receives. I hope some other dealers pop-up with the ability to take the card online.

Mark SF

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDi
Activated my cards yesterday. Took the GTI to Lindsay VW this morning to troubleshoot a ABS failure.
Gonna cost $1850... So much for goodwill :rolleyes:
The sad fact is that you could pull the ABS module yourself, and get it repaired for no more than $200.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
The sad fact is that you could pull the ABS module yourself, and get it repaired for no more than $200.
Yeah, but that would negate a great opportunity to complain. He'll just cough up the money and cry to us about it forever.

DubFamily

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328D xDrive

That would have been great information to know prior to having the ABS failure with my 16 yo daughter driving it...

So the ABS controller can be pulled, replaced, and reprogrammed for ~$200? Details? Unfortunately the only thing I could find prior to taking it in was a ~$600 controller for the wrong car...

Yeah, but that would negate a great opportunity to complain. He'll just cough up the money and cry to us about it forever.
So terribly sorry that I can't be a god-like automotive all-star like you... :rolleyes: